King Willem-Alexander's 50th Birthday: April 27, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No we know very little. That part of the celebrations also received next to no press attention which makes me fear it may be rather private indeed. All the attention in the media went to the interview, kings day and tonights dinner at the palace. Not to the private celebrations in the weekend. There seems to be little demand from the public, I have not read or heard anything and I suspect most people feel that the king is entitled to a private party.

According to Bunte the royals will use the ballroom of Noordeinde ánd the stables for the party on saturday evening/night.

Last edited:
Frederik and Mary of Denmark are also due, as there are no events scheduled for the weekend.

The Kings of Belgium and Haakon and Mette-Marit of Norway should also be present. In his official agendas nothing is scheduled for the weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 60th birthday of Queen Beatrix and the 40th birthday of Prince Willem-Alexander were also private but we have seen guest arriving and/or a group picture.

Originally the party would take place at the back cour of Noordeinde Palace:
http://www.hethuisvanoranje.nl/18 V.../Interieur Noordeinde/Achtergevel met hek.jpg

The Royal Mews at Noordeinde are an excellent alternative for the after-banquet party, seeing the cold weather when the cour is covered:
http://oud.puntuit.nl/polopoly_fs/k...g_gen/derivatives/landscape_804/829427829.jpg

Or when the manege is used:
http://hethuisvanoranje.nl/24 Vorstelijke Vervoer/Koninklijke Stallen/Konklijke Stallen.jpg

Last edited:
On the occasion of 50 years of WA, after dinner tonight with the 150 guests , the Royal Palace of Amsterdam will be open to the public for 50 hours.
There will be exposed objects that have had to do with the life of the King

PPE Agency

The Crown, Rijksappel and Scepter
https://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2017/PPE17042801.jpg

Weddingdress of Maxima and uniform of Willem-Alexander.
https://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2017/PPE17042806.jpg

Tiara of Maxima during her wedding with diamonds out of Queen Emma's tiara and with the basis from the Tiara of Beatrix when she was inaugurated as Queen.
https://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2017/PPE17042807.jpg

And the first Gallery

Belga Image

:previous:

That wedding diadem is a copy. The base is not the same as the real one.

The palace will stay open for ten days longer than planned, as the interest of the public has been higher than expected.

At 21:45 the king and his guests will go to Dam square to make a photograph. Anybody who wants to can be joining them tonight for the photo. Sadly I will be at the cinema ;).

The photo will be posted on the website of the palace 50 minutes later.

The 150 lottery-chosen citizens really will have a joyful and unique experience! What a nice idea of the King.

Kjell Arne Totland‏ @TV2KjellArne
#BIG #BIRTHDAY #BASH Haakon, MetteMarit & Martha of #N are among #royals who will celebrate #WA50 in #NL this weekend

Translated by me: Feirer kongelig bursdag i Nederland | Kongebloggen - Kjell Arne Totland
It's a royal friend's party this weekend - and this time totally private! The young Dutch royal couple have invited their royal friends from far and near to the birthday celebration - in and outside The Hague.

According to well-informed sources, the program includes a boat ride, black tie dinner, church concert and lunch.

Both Norway's Crown Prince couple and Princess Märtha Louise are on the fashionable guest list.

Last edited:
Where is the Church concert taking place at De Nieuwe Kerk Amsterdam?

I'm really wondering how they're gonna keep a church concert private. People will see all of them arriving.

Wonderful, just going outside on Dam Square and "say cheese!"...

I'm really wondering how they're gonna keep a church concert private. People will see all of them arriving.

"Private" does not mean secluded. It means that the King organizes his own event, invited his own guests. In public events there are the politicans, the officials, the authorities. From all private events in the past we have seen pictures but of course no live tv broadcast how Máxima eats her salmon mousse and smoked trout...

;-)

Looks like there are great crowds around the Palace tonight in Amsterdam.

"Private" does not mean secluded. It means that the King organizes his own event, invited his own guests. In public events there are the politicans, the officials, the authorities. From all private events in the past we have seen pictures but of course no live tv broadcast how Máxima eats her salmon mousse and smoked trout...

;-)

So, there is a chance we'll get press pictures or video from the guests' arrival? I can't really imagine a number of royals strolling around Amsterdam with no pictures taken :cool: :D

The events yesterday were WONDERFUL. What an amazing idea by the King to invite all those citizens to the palace! I'm sure they'll remember it with joy for the rest of their lives. And that group picture in the square! So so cool and funny. This is really how you give a modern approach to monarchy, so kudos to WA and Max for the amazing way in which they planned the festivities. I wish other monarchies would make similar parties (though I can't picture anything like this in my country no matter how much I try :D)

Spanish press writes that Felipe & Letizia will attend despite the 10th birthday of Infanta Sofia today.
https://translate.google.de/transla...leanos-de-guillermo-alejandro.html&edit-text=
Hola has speculated they may bring the girls along. It's a holiday weekend in Madrid, no school for Leo and Sof either Monday nor Tuesday.

I think that it was also suggested that Victoria and Daniel could take with them Estelle at least? Maybe the invitation was for all their royal friends with their kids. That would be pretty great, all the new young generation also partying together :)

Last edited:
So, there is a chance we'll get press pictures or video from the guests' arrival? I can't really imagine a number of royals strolling around Amsterdam with no pictures taken :cool: [emoji3]

The events yesterday were WONDERFUL. What an amazing idea by the King to invite all those citizens to the palace! I'm sure they'll remember it with joy for the rest of their lives. And that group picture in the square! So so cool and funny. This is really how you give a modern approach to monarchy, so kudos to WA and Max for the amazing way in which they planned the festivities. I wish other monarchies would make similar parties (though I can't picture anything like this in my country no matter how much I try [emoji3])

Hola has speculated they may bring the girls along. It's a holiday weekend in Madrid, no school for Leo and Sof either Monday nor Tuesday.

I think that it was also suggested that Victoria and Daniel could take with them Estelle at least? Maybe the invitation was for all their royal friends with their kids. That would be pretty great, all the new young generation also partying together [emoji2]
Apparently today they had a sports day in celebration of his birthday. (with a party tonight) So that would be kid friendly!

Birthday of The King Gala Dinner for 150 Guests
https://www.facebook.com/pg/Queen-M...6/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1760892107499430

On Blauw Bloed (now) I see guests arriving at the Royal Mews on the compound of Noordeinde Palace. The diner is held there, possibly in the large indoor indoor manège where usually horses are trained. The female guests are in long, dresscode is black tie.

Where can I see live streaming on the net?

On Blauw Bloed (now) I see guests arriving at the Royal Mews on the compound of Noordeinde Palace. The diner is held there, possibly in the large indoor indoor manège where usually horses are trained. The female guests are in long, dresscode is black tie.

Where can I see live streaming on the net?

I think that it was also suggested that Victoria and Daniel could take with them Estelle at least? Maybe the invitation was for all their royal friends with their kids. That would be pretty great, all the new young generation also partying together :)

Yes, why not, most royal kids are around the same age and its Sofia's birthday today. The kids can enjoy themselves in privacy, I hope we get pictures of the adults :)
I'd expect WA to invite all those of the former CP generation, some of now Kings like WA (Spain, Belgium) some of them not (Denmark, Lux, Sweden, Norway).

Here are some extra photos from the Gala at the Royal Palace in Amsterdam last night

PPE

PPE Agency

The 150 guests in the Royal Palace, enjoyed for the first (and probably last) time ever at a royal gala banquet. It was a fairly simple but excellently executed menu:

- A tompouce of salmon mousse with smoked trout and a sauce of crème fraîche

- Baked steak of beef with baby-chicory, haricots vert, potato-croquettes and a tarragon sauce

- A merengue with roasted hazelnuts and a creamy caramel sauce

- Mokka (= coffee with chocolats)

The wines were:

- Saint-Aubin Premier Cru "Le Charmois" (a white Bourgogne) from Domaine Lamy-Pillot 2009

- Château du Tertre 2005 (a red Margaux)

- Champagne Veuve Cliquot Brut - Carte Jaune

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom