Queen Mathilde, Current Events, Part 1 (July 2013 - February 2019)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for answering; iceflower. It's a shame that the castle itself is not open to the public, but at least people can enjoy the beautiful greenhouses. Another place to add to my forever growing bucket list!

:previous: Those were my thoughts too.
Are the gardens of the castle open to the public or is Laeken a private residence? The greenhouses look amazing. I love botanical gardens and greenhouses.

It is a private residence. The greenhouses can be visited on certain days of the year, but normally they are closed to the public. There is a park surrounding the castle which is also private.

It is a private residence. The greenhouses can be visited on certain days of the year, but normally they are closed to the public. There is a park surrounding the castle which is also private.

Yes, thank you for answering but iceflower already informed me a couple of posts above yours :)

June 1, 2017 -

Queen Mathilde of Belgium (C) poses for a group picture at a royal visit to medical care at home organisation 'Wit-Gele Kruis' in Gent, Thursday 01 June 2017. BELGA PHOTO DIRK WAEM

Picture ** Belga gallery

Today, June 14, Queen Mathilde presided over a round table meeting with representatives of companies who signed the Belgian SDG Charter for international cooperation and development. The Belgian Charter represents the commitment of companies, civil society organizations and representatives of the public sector to sustainable development. The meeting took place at the premises of the company Vyncke in Harelbeke.

** fb gallery **

** focus-wtv.be: Koningin Mathilde op bezoek bij Vyncke **

Last edited:

Queen Mathilde had a meeting with David Beasley, Executive Director of the U.N. World Food Programme at the Royal Palace in Brussels today, June 27.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I love the hairstyle and earrings, not to mention that cute little crown (they just gave Mathilde a Queen's crown ?)

Today, July 14, Queen Mathilde viewed the exhibition "The Absent Museum. Blueprint for a museum of contemporary art for the capital of Europe" at the WIELS Contemporary Art Centre in Brussels:

** fb gallery **

Queen Mathilde met with the First Lady of Benin Claudine Talon in Brussels today, September 26. In March Claudine Talon had launched the Claudine Talon Foundation to improve the lives of women and children across Benin. They talked about the sustainable development goals, in particular health, education and the situation of women:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** fb gallery **

Last edited:

Queen Mathilde received Rula Ghani, First Lady of Afghanistan, at the Royal Palace of Brussels today, October 11. They exchanged of views on the inclusive implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Last edited:
Queen Mathilde meeting today with young people active in youth associations and in the social, academic and syndicum sector on Sustainable Development Counts (SDGs) of the United Nations and the special role that young people can play in this. The Queen is advocating for the UN for the SDGs.

Queen Mathilde today at the United Nations Day: 120 secondary school students participate in the final meeting of the UN's "Talking Together" conference. Particular attention for their commitment to the implementation of the SDGs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:

Today, November 21, Queen Mathilde gave a speech during the second SDG national seminar entitled "Are we going in the right direction?" organized by Entrepreneurs for Entrepreneurs in Brussels:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** fb gallery **

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom