Why do you like Diana?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not turn this thread into a Why I don't like Charles thread. If you want to give Diana a compliment, give her the decency of a real testament to the positive impact she had rather than a swipe at someone else.

i like her so much. i began to knew her in 1997, but unfortunately, she went away in 1997. maybe, because of that, there is so much news about her.
so i was always in memory of her. in my eys, she is always the best, the most beautiful, the kindest princess in the world. i will miss her forever

That is a nice post Paris_1997 (& welcome to the Forum). :) I'm just curious - was there much news about Diana in China? Was she in the newspapers, on TV?

Squidgy said:
That is a nice post Paris_1997 (& welcome to the Forum). :)

I could'nt agree more Squidgy...how truely lovely it is to have you here amongst us paris_1997. Your warm & heartfelt sentiments for Princess Diana, really touched me.

Welcome to the forums and my kind regards to you paris_1997

"MII"

paris_1997 said:
i like her so much. i began to knew her in 1997, but unfortunately, she went away in 1997. maybe, because of that, there is so much news about her.
so i was always in memory of her. in my eys, she is always the best, the most beautiful, the kindest princess in the world. i will miss her forever

paris, nice to meet you. Thank you for sharing your thought.

I first seen princess diana on tv in 1992, then I was 11. At that time I was really attracted to her beauty and elegance. But little did her personality I know. So at first I liked her because of her beauty, merely because of that.

As time goes by, as more and more I read about her, as I growed up and as she growed up at the same time, her personality, her kindess, her courage and the love she devoted to this world, especially the underprivileged people, become more and more shining and dazzling. These qualities are the true diamonds in her.

To be honest, although there were so many nagative things talked about her, but none of these swung my faith on her. On the contrary, as I got more mature, as I met more and more different kinds of people, my faith that she was genuinely want to help people become stronger.

One thing I found her really amazing is, considering how different this world is, she could and still can connect this world. At any corner of the world, there are people, of different gender, different culture, different background, who can identy with her, genuinely admire her.

regards.

anbrida said:
paris, nice to meet you. Thank you for sharing your thought.

I first seen princess diana on tv in 1992, then I was 11. At that time I was really attracted to her beauty and elegance. But little did her personality I know. So at first I liked her because of her beauty, merely because of that.

As time goes by, as more and more I read about her, as I growed up and as she growed up at the same time, her personality, her kindess, her courage and the love she devoted to this world, especially the underprivileged people, become more and more shining and dazzling. These qualities are the true diamonds in her.

To be honest, although there were so many nagative things talked about her, but none of these swung my faith on her. On the contrary, as I got more mature, as I met more and more different kinds of people, my faith that she was genuinely want to help people become stronger.

One thing I found her really amazing is, considering how different this world is, she could and still can connect this world. At any corner of the world, there are people, of different gender, different culture, different background, who can identy with her, genuinely admire her.

regards.

A lovely post, Paris. Your last pharagraph is so true, Diana was a magical figure on the world stage, and everyone from all walks of life could identify in some way with her. There has been no one like her since.. no one can match her.
Personally, I was drawn to her, first to the aura she had ,whenever in public, and as time went on, and we were shown a different side of her life, I supported her as the underdog in a horrible situation which no body would have wanted to be in.However, she came through it and was beginning to make a new life for herself and she was stronger. Yours are very good posts..:) Regards

SteveBelmarsh I loved your poem about Diana, it was very touching
and spoke for my feelings exactly!!! Thanks for posting it!!!:)

I admired her courage. I thnk it would be unnerving, at the age of 20, to take on all that Diana did, and she managed to do it with style and dignity.

Throughout her life, she never lacked in courage, even when it was shoring up actions that may have been misguided. It's not easy to confront uncomfortable issues, but she never backed down from them.

I was a teenager when she died so I don't have any real "memories" of her but I read many retrospectives of her life which made me feel very sad for her psychological state but on the flip side she was continuously portrayed as a devoted mother and powerful celebrity who had the power to focus attention on charities that needed "star power". Those were outstanding and very laudable traits for anyone!

Diana to me..

:)

Aloha to all from far-away Hawai'i! My first posting!!

The late Diana, POW was to me, someone who I (since I am only a couple of years older than she was) identified with very much -- I too married very young (20) and I fully bought into the whole "fairy tale princess" image that the media projected -- I watched everything I could on her (including getting up at 2 or 3 a.m. to watch the wedding live) I felt that I knew her, altho' of course many people did who never met or spoke to her also.

I was (and am) lucky to have a successful marriage, but as she and I got older I sorrowed with her on her failing marriage, her emotional problems, and was happy to see her so happy with her 2 sons. After she and the Prince of Wales divorced, it seemed like I was seeing less and less of her -- I know that the tabloids all over the world covered her every move, but I didn't read them and so she kind of fell to the back of my mind - whenever I did hear about her it seemed that she was being portrayed as a glamorous glitterati that I no longer could identify with as I had the young, hopeful girl and mother.

When she died I was surprised at my reaction -- it hit me harder than I would have ever expected. I like so many others I was devastated. I remember the days following her death as being just grey and lifeless, which was the way I felt. Since that time I have read much about her life and struggles during the time that I didn't hear much about her -- I love and revere her all the more for her independence and trying to carve out a niche for herself and in someway to help people.

I know that I will mourn her passing all my life. I know some people find this senseless and morbid, but many people also felt a connection with this remarkable woman so I don't feel alone. She was and is an inspiration to me and I miss her very much.
Mahalo for reading!

Janet

I'm only 15 years old and I've been fascinated by Diana since I was 13 years old. My friend gave me Diana Her True Story I read it and I became hooked! I LOVE Diana because she showed others love and was never seen without asmile. In general I do think Diana was not a myth I believe she was a legend and just like Elton John sang, "Her candle's burned out long before her legend ever will." Love live Diana's memory and may she rest in peace.

Reasons for liking Diana?
She brought a new, down-to-earth perspective to the House of Windsor and became some sort of proto-princess for the many crown princesses we discuss today. She broke the mold of what we thought a princess should be and re-invented it. Today's current commoner Crown Princesses have each adapted that mold to their particular countries. But Diana was the original, the classic model of a great series of ladies. She had her faults like everyone has theirs, but for better or worse she is still the most talked about princess I've known of.

Last edited:
Toledo said:
She brought a new, down-to-earth perspective to the House of Windsor and became some sort of proto-princess for the many crown princesses we discuss today. She broke the mold of what we thought a princess should be and re-invented it. Today's current commoner Crown Princesses have each adapted that mold to their particular countries. But Diana was the original, the classic model of a great series of ladies. She had her faults like everyone has theirs, but for better or worse she is still the most talked about princess I've known of.
I completly agree. I became a big fan Diana when I was 7 and thats 9 years ago. To me Diana had a connection with people. She had problems like everyone else did and she always tried to help people. Even though her enemies called her a loose canon and tried to discredit her Diana just kept moving on. She had something that no other princess had and what she had was a common touch and she was real.:flowers:

Toledo said:
I completely agree with U .This princess add alot to the royal family and bring them out from old stories , dreams and palaces to the world real life.
That is why I called her "real princess".:heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
I respect Princess Diana. In her living time, she was so remote and strange to me, but when she died, I only then discovered in the original also has a so great female. I am a Chinese, when I was very small, we accept the education how to be a good person, the good person's standard is considers for the others more compared to which is oneself considers. Now the Chinese economy although develops more and more quickly, but very many people also started to change, the good person has been short, good person's standard also dropped has considered for the others equally with considers for oneself
I think Princess Diana is a good person. In her heart installs very many people, the family members, the friends, also very many does not even know. She helps them, to cherish them, black also good, Caucasian also good, is healthy or is the disability. She is loving this world, therefore the world also love her, regardless of she lives or were dying, never changes.

The reason I liked Diana and still do are many... First I truly believe she gave from her heart. She was able to relate to most people throughout the world because of this one trait. True, she did become the world's best known covergirl and that helped but I doubt that would have lasted if she did not have an inner beauty and strength to transmit that "special something" she had while here on her short time on earth. Diana was also a hands on mother and loved her boys and had no trouble showing it and I also respected her for that, her sons were her world. She also reached out to so many people that were considered unreachable and did this for the good of mankind. Diana believed in her causes and I think as she matured wanted to be more than a pretty princess all dressed up and ultimately achieved this. She used her prestige and power towards helping those who could not help themselves and in my opinion never felt she was above it all that is why she was so adored by millions. Her causes continue and she will never be forgotten. Her legacy lives on.

Lily

im read books about Diana's true story and its so wonderful story and talking about her life childhood till got married,separation&divorces and lots of more about her life as Princess of Wales since 1981-1997.

I agree

Lily97 said:
The reason I liked Diana and still do are many... First I truly believe she gave from her heart. She was able to relate to most people throughout the world because of this one trait. True, she did become the world's best known covergirl and that helped but I doubt that would have lasted if she did not have an inner beauty and strength to transmit that "special something" she had while here on her short time on earth. Diana was also a hands on mother and loved her boys and had no trouble showing it and I also respected her for that, her sons were her world. She also reached out to so many people that were considered unreachable and did this for the good of mankind. Diana believed in her causes and I think as she matured wanted to be more than a pretty princess all dressed up and ultimately achieved this. She used her prestige and power towards helping those who could not help themselves and in my opinion never felt she was above it all that is why she was so adored by millions. Her causes continue and she will never be forgotten. Her legacy lives on.

Lily
Lily97 ur comment was very nice. I myself believe that Diana's legacy and her memory will never be forgotten and will always live on.

When Diana married i was 9 years, so i´ve seen her on magazines all of my life, i grew up learning about her life. I liked the idea of a royal beeing close to people, now it´s more common, but she was one of the first who showed her sympathy towards the others. And there´s her story of course, which we all know, that was so attractive to the medias, and that we followed in chapters. For many people she was the one we could feel identified with.

I loved Diana from the moment I first saw her in her wedding dress. It was a fairytale to me. I got marry a month later and I followed Diana through her life. I wish she could have gotten her wish to stay happily married, but God had other plans for her purpose on earth-to make people become aware.

I am happy married still and I often wonder the loniness
she felt after Prince Charles left her for good. I think she did a lot of good to aware the common person about subjects that were not popular-like aids and land mines.

I hope that last year of her life was happy and fulfulling to her. But I feel very sad her final resting place is all by her self on that island. Lonely in life as well as in death.:sad:

Hello all,

This is my first post here, and I couldn't have thought of a better place to start.

My name is also Diana, and as a kid, I hated my name. Her beauty and class made my name one that people admired. Lady Diana Spencer snaring her prince captured my heart as an 11 year old. I got up early on their wedding day to watch the wedding, and my fascination began in earnest.

She was beautiful, but back in those days, she looked real. Fresh-faced, simple dresser, she had that everyman quality that I could relate to. And, like so many young girls at the time, I wanted my own Prince Charming.

As she matured, I related even more. I still wanted to much to believe in the fairytale of her life, but her beauty, grace and spirit moved me. I loved her, and wanted so much to be like her.

When the truth came out, and she started to change her life, I loved and admired her anymore. She could have completely retired, but instead chose to use her fame for causes supporting the truly downtrodden, the lowest of the low if you will.

Her death broke my heart. I was out with my boyfriend and some friends. We went for a late night pizza when I heard the news. I went back to my apartment, and didn't leave my couch for two days. I cried, and cried some more.

I put her memory in the back of my head, but then she comes back to the forefront of my life. I never met her, don't know much about her personally, but she carried herself with grace, dignity, and a strength I envy.

Sorry that I wrote a bible, but she is just a lady that touched so many hearts in this world, and I will admire her until I die.

Diana

Hey Panicgrl welcome to the forums. I agree with you alot of people loved and respected Diana.

Thanks for the welcome! I'm glad I found a place where people have the same passion.

sirhon11234 said:
Hey Panicgrl welcome to the forums. I agree with you alot of people loved and respected Diana.

welcome to Panicggrl too, and toy're right, a lot of poeple loved diana and will love and respected diana for many years,
she was a icon in england, a character very inportat for the british history, a very true princess.

I don't think any princess could ever take her place.

I agree with everything you all have said, no-one will ever be able to take her place, even Prince William's wife.

Lily

Is diana a weekend only topic for fans?

Hebdige found that fans are sometimes weekend only fans. It is a way of taking them away from everyday life, which they engage with interacting with other people on the internet. Are you a weekend only fan?

I find it interesting because 'it' admits that people are more active during the weekend as a result of not having the time to participate during the working week.

So, its not they are 'weekend fans', rather, it's the most acceptable time for them to partake in discussion. A result of living a life that certainly isn't about escaping the realities of 'everyday' life as the 'findings' (?) suggest.

Just my opinion and no, I'm not only a weekend 'fan'.

Infact, I'm not a 'fan' at all as the word 'fan' is a derivation of the word fanatic, which in turn suggests those inclined to be engaged are in a state of unhealthy interest which presents connotations of being psychologically unstable.

Do I lend my support however? Most definitly :flowers:

Last edited:
Lily97 said:
I agree with everything you all have said, no-one will ever be able to take her place, even Prince William's wife.

Lily
I wonder what "place" is this? There is a new HRH The Princess of Wales as wife of Charles and I doubt William's future wife would want to be married to his father instead.;)

There was an individual named Diana, Princess of Wales and as she was an individual, it is self-explainatory that there will never be another one like her. But her place? Places are there to be filled by people and if one leaves, the next one comes up trying to perform the duties that place asks for and enjoy the rewards and privileges of this place. Diana was just one in a long line of "Princesses of Wales" and while she surely had a lot of positive impacts when filling that place/position I sincerely hope there will be a long line of future princesses to follow her.

Let's just take the way she was compassionate toward people with a harder life than her own. IMHO Camilla is as warm-hearted and compassionate as Diana was and fullfills her place as consort of the heir to the throne to perfection. Which is the important thing: that the place Diana once inhabited is filled again and again with a compassionate and helpful personality who supports charities and tries to better the lives of those she can reach and help. And I hope William will find an equally supporting and compassionate wife.

Last edited:
I thought this thread was about reasons some of us liked Diana, not about the endless comparing of Diana and Camilla?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom