Diana Princess of Wales Jewels 3: 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

soapstar

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
Hermosa Beach
Country
United States
320px-Coat_of_Arms_of_Diana%2C_Princess_of_Wales_%281996-1997%29.svg.png.png

Arms of Diana, Princess of Wales

Welcome to Diana, Princess of Jewels Thread, Part 3

Commencing January 1st, 2022

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited by a moderator:
What happened to Diana's emeralds?

The Spencer only have two tiaras and a lovely necklace with royal ties

I think it’s well known which tiara Diana wore on her wedding day and that it was a Spencer family heirloom.

To get back to the original question and the silly tabloid article, I just pose the question —why would Earl Spencer, Diana’s brother who has I think five daughters, allow a Spencer heirloom to go out of the family? Even if in the future Charles Spencer’s daughters and perhaps granddaughters have no use for this tiara at their weddings, why would he want a non-Spencer to have it? Charlotte will (if the monarchy survives) be a King’s daughter and therefore be loaned several tiaras from the BP vaults in her adult life if she has need of them.

Perhaps Lady Spencer would choose to wear it for the King's coronation?
(provided tiaras are even utilized).

Perhaps Lady Spencer would choose to wear it for the King's coronation?
(provided tiaras are even utilized).

The Countess of Spencer could also decide to wear the Spencer Honeysuckle Tiara to the Coronation.

Princess Diana

Princess Diana's Amethyst Cross sold at Sotherby's auction this week to Kim Khardashian for $197,000. The Daily Mail confirmed the sale with Sotherbys on Wednesday.
Kim has bought a pair of bracelets in the past from Liz Taylor's jewelry auction.

Diana's Iconic Attallah Cross was sold for a staggering £163,800 and the buyer was Kim Kardashian!!!

The Diamond and Pearl Swan Lake Necklace and Earrings that Diana wore on to a performance of Swan Lake at the Royal Albert Hall in London on June 3, 1997.
The jewels were on loan from Garrard and sadly only worn once and have reappeared at various exhibitions after the death of Diana.
https://www.thecourtjeweller.com/20...s-dianas-swan-lake-necklace-and-earrings.html

I can't claim to be a big fan of this demi-parure.

Given its usage by Diana shortly before her death, it has acquired a certain status amongst Diana fans, but she never owned it, and only ever wore it the one time. It really is, IMO, a middle of the road design, and doesn't display any exceptional workmanship.

Last edited:
I'm never fond of this as well, bulky and crude. The designer didn't even bother to "merge" the end of bottom diamond strand with the upper one on bother sides. And the weird gap in the middle between the diamond which makes the pendant sliding left and right but never at centre.

I can't claim to be a big fan of this demi-parure.

Given its usage by Diana shortly before her death, it has acquired a certain status amongst Diana fans, but she never owned it, and only ever wore it the one time. It really is, IMO, a middle of the road design, and doesn't display any exceptional workmanship.

The matching earrings were my favourite part of the demi parure. I actually thought it had been gifted to Diana until I read the article.

The matching earrings were my favourite part of the demi parure. I actually thought it had been gifted to Diana until I read the article.

I agree, the earrings were indeed the best part of the demi-parure.

Does anybody know if Diana's nieces have some of her jewelry?
I don’t think her nieces have any of her jewels, if they have jewels it’s probably from their mothers (Diana’s sisters)

I don’t think her nieces have any of her jewels, if they have jewels it’s probably from their mothers (Diana’s sisters)

Interesting! I've heard that Diana sister's probably have some of her clothes or bags, so maybe her nieces got some of that.

Didn’t Paul Burrell, her ex butler, snaffle most of Diana’s clothing, costume jewellery, bags, shoes etc? Also, I seem to remember he stated in court that much of the stuff from his ex employer the police found in his flat had been given to him personally by her? So after he’d been through the KP wardrobes there wouldn’t be much left I would think!

I would imagine that Burrell had to give back whatever he stole unless it was very difficult to retrieve it. As for Dianas jewels. her personal jewellery was left to her sons, for their wives, so it would not go to anyone else in her family.

Last edited:
:previous: The Burrell affair was an awful mess. He said he moved things for safe keeping and the police retrieved the goods and charged him with theft. All was set to go when the CPS was informed that HM the Queen had recalled a conversation with Burrell thus exonerating him.

Personally, the whole thing stunk to high heaven but, in the face of the Queen giving that toad Burrel a green card, that which was supposedly taken for safety, went to the executors of Diana's estate and that which he said she had given him was returned to him. I mean, what are you going to do, call HM a liar?

Personally, I always wondered who wrote the inventory of goods safeguarded by him. I supposed there are lists somewhere but I very strongly doubt that they would be available for perusal.

I think the queen probalby did the right thing, as Burrell was and is unstable and might come out wiht some awful things in the witness box which would embarrass the boys... but I'd imagine that some sort of deal was struck, and he did not get all that he had made off with.

Back
Top Bottom