Diana, Princess of Wales News & Questions 9: 2021 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
why not get rid of them if they dont have space to keep them?

It is possible that the family ise selling them, but I think it is unlikely. It is possoble that when they sold their London home, they disposed off some personal effects, and these cards are part of that collection.

That's what I thought too and are probably clearing through the late kings personal effects.

Princess Diana banned from It’s a Royal Knockout

Apparently Princess Diana wanted to do “It’s a royal knockout” tv show but Charles banned her.

Why do you think she was prevented from taking part in the show?

I didn't knew about it

Apparently Princess Diana wanted to do “It’s a royal knockout” tv show but Charles banned her.

Charles didnt want to take part, nor for his wife to take part, it was a rather silly undignified show, and not really sutiable for royals to be in.

Thank goodness Charles and Diana avoided that mess! I cringe to simply remember it:ohmy:

Thank goodness Charles and Diana avoided that mess! I cringe to simply remember it:ohmy:

It was silly but compared with today's scandals, pretty mild. But I would imagine Charles would not wnat to be in it.

I don't know if this is the right place to post. Mohamed Al Fayed died at age 94. What I think is touchy is that je died a September 1st. 26 years and one day after his son Dodi last his life with Princess Diana In Paris.

:previous: Oh my...I am just hearing of this! Al Fayed's life was very long of course, but he was very marked by the loss of his oldest son. I felt heartbroken for him; no one deserves the kind of torment he suffered from the events of August 1997..:sad:

I hope he had a joyful reunion with Dodi.

Last edited:
"In a statement released by Fulham FC, his family said: 'Mrs Mohamed Al Fayed, her children and grandchildren wish to confirm that her beloved husband, their father and their grandfather, Mohamed, has passed away peacefully of old age on Wednesday August 30, 2023."

"In a statement released by Fulham FC, his family said: 'Mrs Mohamed Al Fayed, her children and grandchildren wish to confirm that her beloved husband, their father and their grandfather, Mohamed, has passed away peacefully of old age on Wednesday August 30, 2023."
I could not correct my post talking about September 1st.
So he died almost the same day- only some hours before 26 years after

It was silly and undignified, but it was actually quite funny. It's a Knockout was a popular programme in its day. It attracted a big TV audience and raised a lot of money for charity. A lot of big name celebs were involved, and the royals just acted as team captains and weren't actually involved in the "games". It was pretty mild compared to some of what's happened since.

This evening, March 14, the Prince of Wales attended the 25th Diana Legacy Awards at the Science Museum in London.
The Duke of Sussex made an appearance by joining a video call with the winners from his home in California:

** gettyimages gallery ** dailymail article **

Back
Top Bottom