The Sussexes Are Expecting!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't like them but hope it 's a safe pregnancy and a little girl.

Meghan looks quite a bit along. I suspected she was pregnant during the CNN Honors video. And definitely was quite telling in the video over the weekend. My guess she is due not later than June but can be as early as April as well.

So that is three babies in 2021 for this family. As well as Cambridges 10th and HMQ 95 and Philips 100 birthdays. So many celebrations.

Such happy news after what was I'm sure a very difficult year for them in multiple ways. I know it's something that is bringing them joy as a family and gives them something to look forward to. I had thought they were probably going to announce that they were expecting soon.

I also love the announcement. I admit that I had expected them to do something like announce the day that Eugenie had her baby or brought him home, or in something like a photoshoot in People magazine. But this is so low-key, lovely, and feels very intimate. I think they couldn't have announced it in any better way!

YAAAAAAY! That is such great news to wake up to! Congrats Sussexes! Love the photo - feels like they are sitting under a tree that symbolises the tree of life. Wished they included Archie in the photo. Nonetheless, loved it!

I think Meghan is around 4 or 5 months. Although women show earlier in their second pregnancy, I think they waited longer than the "safe" 3 months to announce

Wishing Meghan and Harry a safe, healthy and joyful pregnancy

The clues were there, 1. the legal postponement for personal reasons was the biggest clue, 2. Only head shots at zoom meetings , 3. The recent info although not sure if this came direct from them or a ' source' that Meghan would not be travelling to the UK with Harry later in the year as she didn't want to leave Archie, all they had to do was bring him.
Due to lockdown they have been able to keep things under wraps a bit longer, good for them it is long enough without everybody asking when you are due.

Meghan looks quite a bit along. I suspected she was pregnant during the CNN Honors video. And definitely was quite telling in the video over the weekend. My guess she is due not later than June but can be as early as April as well.

So that is three babies in 2021 for this family. As well as Cambridges 10th and HMQ 95 and Philips 100 birthdays. So many celebrations.

Did they announce when exactly she was due? Based on the picture she looks to be at least 4 or 5 months along (again, that can vary because this isn't her first pregnancy and I know from friends and coworkers that you often start showing sooner with subsequent pregnancies). So maybe a spring or early summer baby?

Wonderful news for Harry and Meghan after what they went through. This baby with be eighth in line to the throne unless being born in the US knocks the child out of the succession. I can't see Harry and Meghan going back to the UK for her to give birth. (I wonder if that is why Meghan wanted not to come to the UK for her lawsuit and was granted for confidential reasons; the judge knew she was pregnant). The baby announcement made it on MSNBC and will be announced on CNN on TV.

Did they announce when exactly she was due? Based on the picture she looks to be at least 4 or 5 months along (again, that can vary because this isn't her first pregnancy and I know from friends and coworkers that you often start showing sooner with subsequent pregnancies). So maybe a spring or early summer baby?

No due date released. She has to be 4 or 5 months along IMO.

LaRae

Wonderful news for Harry and Meghan after what they went through. This baby with be eighth in line to the throne unless being born in the US knocks the child out of the succession. I can't see Harry and Meghan going back to the UK for her to give birth. (I wonder if that is why Meghan wanted not to come to the UK for her lawsuit and was granted for confidential reasons; the judge knew she was pregnant). The baby announcement made it on MSNBC and will be announced on CNN on TV.

There is no requirement for a heir to the throne being born in the UK.

You have to remember there are hundreds of people in line of succession to the throne. Many foreign royals like Haakon who is 81st in line for the throne at the moment, were most certainly not born in the UK.

I wish them the best of luck this time. Hope she will carry it the full 9 months. Archie will be a big brother to a little sister , or brother.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will briefly break my TRF hiatus to wish them the best, having gone through what they have last year I can only hope for a safe pregnancy for both mother and child.

What absolutely smashing news! And that photo is just so, so stunning. A lovely way to announce.

I thought she was pregnant in early December based on the trial delay and how she looked in some of the videos. It makes sense that they would announce a bit later in pregnancy since the pandemic means they are not in public as much.

I would say this baby is due no later than late June but probably around late May? I think she is around 5-6 months now.

Hope she continues to have a healthy pregnancy <3 Really just so thrilled for them

Fantastic news that there's going to be another baby in the Sussex family. I'm hoping for a easy and safe pregnancy and delivery. All babies coming into this world, even in a pandemic, tells us that there will be a future we need to keep and preserve for them.

It's not unusual to show earlier with second or third child. The rubber band theory at work. Once the rubber band has been stretched out, it never goes back to being completely as taut as it used to be and stretches easier.

The best to the Sussex family. I'm sure this little one will be well loved.

Happy news, I hope the pregancy will go well.

Twitter is saying Diana announced her pregnancy of Harry 37 years ago today, assuming this is one of the reasons the news was announced today.

LaRae

Lovely news! How perfect to announce it on Valentine's Day!

My goodness the Queen must be overjoyed 3 great grand babies in 1 year!

Discussions about whether the Sussexes want privacy, and comparisons to Princess Eugenie and the Cambridges have all been deleted. This thread is for news about Meghan’s pregnancy. It is not to be used to discuss the Sussex lawsuits, the media, other royals, or to rehash things from the General News thread (which is locked for a reason). Further off-topic comments will be deleted.

Yep we have know since before Christmas - baby is due April - May if carried to full term. A number of people in LA have confirmed it and the photo shot this week, basically told the press that they were to announce it soon, also they want to announce their Archewell lineup which is all baby.
To be honest I expected one of the tabloids to run with it already- but I presume now they are concerned about published a pic and been sued.

I am confused that M& H people put it on the wire as international news - well okay.

Lovely that it's been confirmed on Valentine's Day!!! :flowers: ❤️

The news only confirms what I suspected when we hadn't seen much of Meghan for awhile. ? And then her face looked much fuller in the recent screen capture of the zoom M&H did with the young poetry group. That gave it away for me, along with that pap photo of them leaving a building in December, with Meghan wearing a loose top and a jacket. They must have waited a couple of months, and then began trying again with professional guidance to ensure they were in the best health and the conception would be successful. And then she must have rested and taken it easy these past few months.

I actually thought they might wait a bit longer before sharing the good news....And everything must be going well with this pregnancy. It's nice that they've been able to have all of this close family time due to the pandemic. It's precious the time that they've been able to share in their new home watching Archie grow. ?

Wishing the Sussexes good luck, continued happiness together, and maybe twins, who knows! :twohearts: :heart1:

Yep we have know since before Christmas - baby is due April - May if carried to full term. A number of people in LA have confirmed it and the photo shot this week, basically told the press that they were to announce it soon, also they want to announce their Archewell lineup which is all baby.
To be honest I expected one of the tabloids to run with it already- but I presume now they are concerned about published a pic and been sued.

I am confused that M& H people put it on the wire as international news - well okay.

So a Spring baby. How nice, new beginnings.

Congratulations to Harry and Meghan; this is really wonderful news!

From Victoria Arbiter:

Buckingham Palace says the Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles and the rest of the royal family are ‘delighted’ to hear Harry and Meghan’s happy news. The family was told shortly before the announcement was made public.

Last edited:

Well, there is global interest in the Sussexes for sure. They have a global profile. The work they are doing with Archewell is global. The news of Meghan's miscarriage went global with her heartbreaking and healing opinion piece last November in The New York Times, which touched so many people. This is all factual.

After the news of the miscarriage, I knew it was only a matter of a few months before there would be an announcement.;)

Wonderful news for them!?

Congratulations! :flowers:
I'm thrilled for them; especially after Meghan's miscarriage. Eugenie's baby will have a little playmate in the future.

There is no requirement for a heir to the throne being born in the UK.

You have to remember there are hundreds of people in line of succession to the throne. Many foreign royals like Haakon who is 81st in line for the throne at the moment, were most certainly not born in the UK.

You're right; there is no requirement for people in the British Line of Succession to be born in the UK. Frederick Windsor's daughter Maud was born in Los Angeles, USA.

And yes, there are so many European Royals eg. Norway & Sweden who are also in the British Line of Succession, albeit way down the line.

Only just woken up in Australia to this great and wonderful news. I am so happy for them. I knew they would try again for a 2021 baby. Maybe a May baby again?

Congratulations to the couple.
I knew she was pregnant during that CNN video, it was very obvious.

I agree it's been obvious she is pregnant for awhile now (I even pointed it out during the BH pap walk! she looks fairly advanced about 5 verging on 6 months, so I think late May early June is more likely (Please don't let it fall on my b-day...).

I think they were able to hide because Meghan was mainly at home.

I am happy with this news. It's a good new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom