The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 7: Oct. 2022 - Apr. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that releasing the news of Lili's formal reception into the Church of England was timed deliberately to occur with Harry/ Meghan's "princess" title for her.

As dim as he seems, even Harry must realize that Britain's first unbaptized princess is not the banner he wants his only daughter to wave..

Her christening at the age of almost two underlines the fact that her parents didn't consider it a priority until they decided to use the titles.

I don't know who the godmother is, but it almost certainly is not Serena Williams. She is a devout Jehovah's Witness and that sect neither practices infant baptism nor believes in it.

I agree that waiting for almost two years indicates that it wasn't much of a priority. However, she was not received in the Church of England; she was baptized by an Episcopalian bishop - weirdly enough during a private service in their own home. And the Episcopal Church is a member church within the Anglican Community of which the Church of England is also a member. The Episcopal church is typically seen as one of the more liberal churches within the Anglican community (which most likely fits Harry and Meghan very well - didn't he say/write that he doesn't believe in the church's teachings/God?). Makes you wonder what he promised upon his daughter's christening.

Tyler Perry agreed to be a godparent but only if he didn’t have to be around other members of The Royal Family or Tavel to The U.K. Hence why it was not done in the COE or why members the TRF were not present. He is not a monarchist/royalist, but have been very sympathetic to Harry and Meghan. They lived at his house for a few months in 2020.

Is there a reliable source for this?
He said it himself in the Netflix documentary.

It’s not unheard of for Episcopal clergy to do baptisms outside the church, especially under special circumstances, such as a sick child in a hospital. I suppose this would count as “special.”

Calling Taylor the “archbishop” makes me wonder if Harry is doing his own media. It’s a careless mistake for a spokesperson to make.

Reading “Princess Lilibet” made me cringe. Sounds like the name of a cartoon princess, not a king’s granddaughter.

In my professional opinion, this should not fall under the category of special circumstances. It was not an emergency or crisis situation.

I think pretty much everyone can see right through the Sussex's (apart from their supporters), although I'm sure they only care about the opinions of their super rich friends and neighbours! Clearly they prize the cachet of the British titles, therefore there was no chance that they would ever give them up for themselves or their children.

Given the nastiness from the Sussex's towards the Wales's, I wonder how William will approach the matter in the future?

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 7: Oct. 2022 -

He said it himself in the Netflix documentary.

I didn’t watch it. Tyler Perry said he’d only be a godparent if the ceremony was in the US and no royals attended? Seriously? Wow. And- that’s what happened. Interesting.

I thought the family was invited though? OTOH- their schedules are pretty planned out…..I suppose they could have invited them with little notice knowing there’s no way it would happen.

Last edited:
Tyler Perry NEVER made the exclusion of the BRF a condition for being Lili's godfather. He said he didn't want to fly to Britain and "be a part of all that" which I took to mean a Royal christening in the COE with all the bells and whistles.

Not in the Anglican church - there are two in the UK - Canterbury and York and 5 in Australia e.g. Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane and Perth in Australia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglican_Church_of_Australia
In the US, we’re in communion with the C of E. and you are right of course about York who is “junior” to Canterbury. I am not familiar with the set up in Australia .Honestly, there have been so many changes and splits in the last 20 years, sadly, I can’t keep up with them all:sad:

So how exactly is Tyler Perry connected to M&H, did she work with him or something and that's how they know each other? I know next to nothing about him, can someone explain?

I'm a little surprised that Harry's great friend Nacho Figueras wasn't asked to be godfather.

So how exactly is Tyler Perry connected to M&H, did she work with him or something and that's how they know each other? I know next to nothing about him, can someone explain?

I'm a little surprised that Harry's great friend Nacho Figueras wasn't asked to be godfather.

Tyler Perry offered them his house when they wanted to leave Canada. They most likely didn't know him personally up until that point but had mutual friends or acquaintances.

Maybe Nacho Figueras is a godfather to Archie? His godparents were never revealed at the explicit request of Harry and Meghan (the reason provided was 'fear of media intrusion').

Oh right, so they didn't actually know him prior to the house offer? Maybe Perry was a connection through Oprah.

Last edited:
I agree that waiting for almost two years indicates that it wasn't much of a priority. However, she was not received in the Church of England; she was baptized by an Episcopalian bishop - weirdly enough during a private service in their own home. And the Episcopal Church is a member church within the Anglican Community of which the Church of England is also a member. The Episcopal church is typically seen as one of the more liberal churches within the Anglican community (which most likely fits Harry and Meghan very well - didn't he say/write that he doesn't believe in the church's teachings/God?). Makes you wonder what he promised upon his daughter's christening.
If you’d like to read the service in the Episcopal Book of Common Prayer, here you go!:flowers: The BCP in the CofE is different.

https://www.bcponline.org/Baptism/baptism.html (the Celebrant is the bishop or priest as it is customary to celebrate the Eucharist (communion) as part of the Sacrament of Baptism.)

And here are the questions asked:

“Infants and Younger Children

Then the candidates who are unable to answer for themselves are presented
individually by their Parents and Godparents, as follows

Parents and Godparents

I present N. to receive the Sacrament of Baptism.

Holy Baptism 301

When all have been presented the Celebrant asks the parents and
godparents

Will you be responsible for seeing that the child you present
is brought up in the Christian faith and life?

Parents and Godparents

I will, with God's help.

Celebrant

Will you by your prayers and witness help this child to grow
into the full stature of Christ?

Parents and Godparents

I will, with God's help.

Then the Celebrant asks the following questions of the candidates who
can speak for themselves, and of the parents and godparents who speak
on behalf of the infants and younger children

Question Do you renounce Satan and all the spiritual forces
of wickedness that rebel against God?
Answer I renounce them.

Question Do you renounce the evil powers of this world
which corrupt and destroy the creatures of God?
Answer I renounce them.

Question Do you renounce all sinful desires that draw you
from the love of God?
Answer I renounce them.

Question Do you turn to Jesus Christ and accept him as your
Savior?
Answer I do.

Question Do you put your whole trust in his grace and love?
Answer I do.

302 Holy Baptism

Question Do you promise to follow and obey him as your
Lord?
Answer I do.”

Tyler Perry offered them his house when they wanted to leave Canada. They most likely didn't know him personally up until that point but had mutual friends or acquaintances.

Maybe Nacho Figueras is a godfather to Archie? His godparents were never revealed at the explicit request of Harry and Meghan (the reason provided was 'fear of media intrusion').
Nacho isn’t a godfather to Archie, the godparents of Archie can actually be googled and Tiggy, his former nanny is one of them.

Tyler Perry NEVER made the exclusion of the BRF a condition for being Lili's godfather. He said he didn't want to fly to Britain and "be a part of all that" which I took to mean a Royal christening in the COE with all the bells and whistles.

I took it to mean he didn't really (maybe he wasn't that blunt) want to be around ("Those People") TRF. He made other comments that suggest he was not a Royal Fan (which is fine everyone is entitled to their own opinions, etc.) but did like Hary and Meghan.

Update on Archewell and International Women’s Day.

Today, The Archewell Foundation celebrated International Women’s Day with a visit to ‘Harvest Home.’

This valuable organization helps provide housing, mental well-being support, and classes to expectant mothers who have faced tremendous challenges including domestic violence, substance use and homelessness. Since being founded in 1985, Harvest Home has supported over 600 pregnant women and their children.

As an advocate for women’s rights and supporter of mothers and families in need, Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex and the Archewell team celebrated the women of Harvest Home by creating a pop up baby boutique, hosting lunch from a female owned restaurant, and making a donation to the organization.

Happy International Women’s day to all of you! Whether donating your time, funds, or helping a woman in your community, let’s all celebrate the women in our lives today and every day!

I forgot that part on Serena's beliefs. That leaves me down to Oprah or Ellen. I don't get why there has to be secret godparent not disclosed for the public when everything about them is made public by them.

If you’d like to read the service in the Episcopal Book of Common Prayer, here you go!:flowers: The BCP in the CofE is different.
https://www.bcponline.org/Baptism/baptism.html (the Celebrant is the bishop or priest as it is customary to celebrate the Eucharist (communion) as part of the Sacrament of Baptism.)

And here are the questions asked...

“Infants and Younger Children...

The service also imposes the faith on the godparents like a group conversion? I can't.

Last edited:
It’s Eugenie that is close to Harry, not Beatrice.

This is very good news! The Archbishop of Los Angeles did the honours, there were between twenty to thirty guests and afterwards there was food and drink and Archie and Lili danced together. Sounds fun!

The Archbishop of Los Angeles is Catholic and growing up as a Catholic and going to a Catholic school she should know this. Also did the Bishop bring the Baptismal Font with him along with the holy water from the River Jordan for the christening. Or maybe they borrowed the font from a local church.
I just have so many questions. Did the Bishop get a lift on the plane with Tyler Perry, or did he drive the 1.5 to 2 hours to Montecito.

Why can’t it be Ashleigh Hale, Meghan’s niece and friend, who appeared in the Netflix documentary?

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/a42243246/meghan-markle-niece-ashleigh-hale/

The Sussex seem to follow a path to be influencers and every aspect of their lives toward that goal now seems exposed by their actions. I wish the baptism was conducted in the UK, since all that they are is from that source, specifically the royal family. And that King Charles would have proclaimed their titles first, regardless of the 1917 rules.

But now all we see is two bullies cornering the king to a dare game that seems a talk back to the other issue at hand, Frogmore Cottage.

Why can’t it be Ashleigh Hale, Meghan’s niece and friend, who appeared in the Netflix documentary?

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/a42243246/meghan-markle-niece-ashleigh-hale/

Well, according to that article she wanted to shield Ashleigh from the media: "Ash was put through quite a bit by the media just by association," Meghan says. "I didn't want her life to be plagued with all that drama." So surely she wouldn't ask her to be a godmother for the same reason? At least, that plausible deniability works for the god-parenting role as much as it does for the "you can't come to the wedding because of the palace" spiel too.:whistling:

All jokes aside, I actually think its a little sad that little Lili won't get to wear the lovely and historic family christening gown.

All jokes aside, I actually think its a little sad that little Lili won't get to wear the lovely and historic family christening gown.

She's too big for it anyway. Miles too big even a six month old is too big.

Family have christening and food and drink. So orginal. She also hasn't been baptised into the Anglican church specifically but it seems A protestant church.

Yes, too big now for sure. Its just a shame that she won't have the same photos as her elder brother of her christening to show her own grandkids some day. Perhaps it won't matter to her at all, which would probably be a good thing, I guess.

Last edited:
She's too big for it anyway. Miles too big even a six month old is too big.

Family have christening and food and drink. So orginal. She also hasn't been baptised into the Anglican church specifically but it seems A protestant church.

It was by a bishop of the Episcopalian church which is in communion with the C of England.

Charles is the most expensive of them all. He has tastes. The Sovereign Grant that pays for the work they do basically covers nothing though. A lot of the money we pay for them comes in the upkeep of Palaces etc. they do pay for a lot via their private Duchy’s. Which means really only Charles and William is wealthy. And Charles inherited his grandmothers ways with money.

Harry basically had no money. Meghan must have been shocked.

Harry had millions of pounds after the age of 31, through his inheritance from Diana, and do you honestly think there weren't other trust funds from The Queen Mother or Granny?

He had half of the money that Diana left, which was originally 17 million. he and Will had to pay taxes on that, but it was then invested for several years as they were only kids and so it probalby built up again to the original sum. As for the QM nad the queen we dont know what they left to HARrry.

But that doesn't answer my question, sorry? If anyone has read an account of the baptism have the parents stated that they invited Will, Kate, Cam and Charles?

I did read somewhere they were invited but to be honest I am not sure if that was an official comment from the couple or 'sources'.

If you recall Archies baptism they had to change the date as the couple had failed to check the availability of the Queen or the then POW before making the arrangements. Going to California for a Baptism would take quite a bit of time out of the Kings duties, there is a lot going on behind the scenes just now.

Could you imagine the uproar if the King had flown out for 1 day then came back again. It could have been left until the Coronation and took place here,
but maybe the guests at home were very important to them so they wanted to do it with them.

As for the titles, going back to the Oprah interview I along with others pointed out Meghans error, when she inferred the reason for a lack of title for Archie. He did have one but they decided not to use it and was not entitled to Prince until his grandfather was King.

There was plenty opportunity for the late Queen and now the King to change the arrangements , they both obviously decided against it. It has nothing to do with cowardice or bullying or no back bone. This is the same King who last week was being called ruthless for changing the arrangements with Frogmore.

I do believe going forward for future generations there will be changes, I also wonder if the King would prefer them to follow the Wessex route.

For all we know the Sussex children might not use Prince or Princess in a daily basis, but what we do know is that the titles have not been removed, and maybe the parents wanted the world to know that. These titles were obviously very important to the couple , as the Oprah interview identified.

The position is now settled and public by that one statement, the children have the titles , and the world knows it, everybody happy. No more conjecture.

They haven't won anything or backed anybody into a corner, the children had the titles automatically the day their grandfather became king.

Something else sorted before the Coronation, I think our Charles is a lot more willey than we give him credit for.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom