The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 7: Oct. 2022 - Apr. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent news and I think a terrific solution. I wouldn't read to much into Archie and Lili not coming over. The opportunities for Charles to see them would have been VERY small anyway with everything going on during that time frame.

I must say I am VERY surprised that Meghan won't be attending though. But in this instance, it does her reputation good, I feel. It would have been soooooo hypocritical of her to be there AFTER everything She had alleged against her in-laws and "The Institution", in her UBER short time as a married working Royal. 18 WHOLE MONTHS !

Harry is King Charles son. If Charles wants him there, and he obviously does, even after everything, well that's his decision.

Unfortunately, I also bet we will hear the reasons why Meghan chose not to attend also. In an podcast, interview or docu-series. In depth AND throwing darts, again, at the mean out of touch Family-Firm.

That I can predict sadly coming soon...........

The most sensible solution indeed. And do I detect that Meghan’s hold on Harry is not the same as in September? Or is it wishful thinking…

I'm quite surprised that Harry's coming on his own, but maybe it's for the best.

I suppose she could hardly come and leave the children behind and it is a long way to bring them for a few days and a cermoney that she migth not be welcome at. I suspect that Charles does not want her round more than he absolutely has to, and mabye by now he is feeling the same way about Harry

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 7: Oct. 2022 -

I suppose she could hardly come and leave the children behind and it is a long way to bring them for a few days and a cermoney that she migth not be welcome at. I suspect that Charles does not want her round more than he absolutely has to, and mabye by now he is feeling the same way about Harry

Sure she could. They’ve left the kids behind before to travel in the US and to go overseas. And they brought both kids to the UK for the jubilee last year- they didn’t stay long for that either. (It seems fairly apparent to me that the Sussexes don’t have much- if any- desire for their kids to spend actual time with their paternal family.)

I think the more likely reason is Meghan doesn’t really want to be around her in laws, and they don’t really want to be around her. She was invited, but not really wanted, probably.

I imagine, at a minimum, there are serious trust issues where Harry is concerned.

Sure she could. They’ve left the kids behind before to travel in the US and to go overseas. And they brought both kids to the UK for the jubilee last year- they didn’t stay long for that either. (It seems fairly apparent to me that the Sussexes don’t have much- if any- desire for their kids to spend actual time with their paternal family.)

I think the more likely reason is Meghan doesn’t really want to be around her in laws, and they don’t really want to be around her. She was invited, but not really wanted, probably.

I imagine, at a minimum, there are serious trust issues where Harry is concerned.

I suspect that both were invited but neither of them wanted. I feel Harry is going specifically because he knows they don't want him to. It would have let the BRF off the hook perfectly for them to ask him and him not to go. I think he's going to cause a bit of an atmosphere and make them feel uncomfortable.

Seeing as though HRH The Duchess of Sussex get demonized more than her husband, in spite of the fact that he has been more critical, more severe, and more personal in his attacks against the institution and specific members within it than she has by a country mile, HRH The Duke of Sussex going alone is definitely the best decision.

I'm glad for the rest of the Family. This must be such welcome news for them and the extended family too !

A lot of drama has now been mitigated. It will be much easier to deal with just Harry. Than Harry AND Meghan together. He will be ignored by most, and the sideshow atmosphere of the Sussex duo up staging the Coronation greatly diminished.

I remember reading that at the funeral services for Prince Philip in 2021, Queen Elizabeth supposedly said...."Thank goodness Meghan is not coming". Meghan was heavily pregnant at that time and unable to go. I'm sure the feelings the same now !

Last edited:
Maybe he needs to come to get more content for his next book? And keep his business machine churning (if we were being cynical)

It's the best possible available decision and he'll probably be on the first plane back to the US straight after. Don't think he'll be getting much in way of conversation while he's here!

I have the feeling that Charles has no interest in those "American grandchildren"
He could' ve made arrangements to meeting them once in a while meanwhile but nothing so far. And I don' t see him visiting them in the US ever....

why bother to keep your HRH title if you are a no show to the ceremony symbolizing the very essence of your status ?

Oh i forgot that for her the Bristish Monarchy was some kind of "Medieval Times ".

Yep, it's maybe a good idea to stay at home ...

I have the feeling that Charles has no interest in those "American grandchildren"
He could' ve made arrangements to meeting them once in a while meanwhile but nothing so far. And I don' t see him visiting them in the US ever....

Wonder who "forbid" Meghan to attend. Because that excuse that A and L can' t be left alone is just ridiculous IMO. I think she was eager to come.

Meghan not going feeds into her victimhood story, it's expected tbh. Not to mention a coronation is not your typical woke event, even for someone who likes to be called a Duchess.

It was a good decision and I am also surprised Harry is going alone. I'd expect him to stay behind with his wife.

Wonder who "forbid" Meghan to attend. Because that excuse that A and L can' t be left alone is just ridiculous IMO. I think she was eager to come.

She probably decided not to go for a number of reasons...icy reception from family, lack of spotlight, getting booed...the excuse works just as well for her as a get out clause.

Moreover, just because the Palace has said Harry will attend, it doesn't necessarily mean he will be there. If he really wants to make a point, all he has to do is not turn up.

Last edited:
Seeing as though HRH The Duchess of Sussex get demonized more than her husband, in spite of the fact that he has been more critical, more severe, and more personal in his attacks against the institution and specific members within it than she has by a country mile, HRH The Duke of Sussex going alone is definitely the best decision.
They have both criticised the family and been very nasty. Trying to quantify the difference between who criticises more isn’t important because they both have said a number of outlandish things. She co-signs a lot of what he says and that says a lot.

Given the drama prior the Sussex wedding about dress fittings and tiara picks, I am pretty sure everybody is relieved that they won’t have to go through that again.

Besides,, if the RF opts for gala attire, it would have been complicated to make the necessary arrangements for Meghan if she arrived in the UK only a day or two before the coronation.

Considering how Archies birthday was such an important thing for them I am surprised Harry is not going to be around for him for it, not that I think Archie really will care when the party is.

In any case since this was announced so late I assume there was great deal of negotiations and this was some kind of compromise.

I think its the best solution. Its his family, not hers, and nobody will want a total break up. Harry will have his reasons to go on his own, if his intentions are good (its his father after all) or not (next book in the making) only time will tell.

I think so too. It would have been awkward- and I frankly doubt Meghan will be missed.

I’m kind of surprised they’re not both going just the same, since Meghan says they’re like salt and pepper. Lol Kidding….sort of. I did lean towards the idea that it would be both coming or both staying home though.

I am sad that Charles has no chance to see his grandchildren. This would have been an opportunity- to come to the UK and stay for awhile. It’s not like the Sussexes have real jobs or a lack of money and help.

The relationship is currently non existent. It is nothing to do with the coronation and everything to do with the family breakdown. But there is hope that eventually in their late teens or early 20’s A and L and G, C and L can meet and connect free of all of this.

Charles not seeing his grandchildren is sadly what happens when grandparents and parents fall out. That is not unique and all we can hope is that each side has peace and happiness in life.

Harry may only go to the coronation service after all. I am sure the family will be at the concert as well. He may go now Meghan isn’t there.

She probably decided not to go for a number of reasons...icy reception from family, lack of spotlight, getting booed...the excuse works just as well for her as a get out clause.

Moreover, just because the Palace has said Harry will attend, it doesn't necessarily mean he will be there. If he really wants to make a point, all he has to do is not turn up.

Hope this link from the BBC is OK, please remove if not. In the article it says Harry has now issued a statement that he will attend.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65255135

So it is unlikely he won't turn up, although it's still a possibility.

Considering how Archies birthday was such an important thing for them I am surprised Harry is not going to be around for him for it, not that I think Archie really will care when the party is.

In any case since this was announced so late I assume there was great deal of negotiations and this was some kind of compromise.

Last year he missed Archie’s birthday to go play polo.

It's quite a sensible compromise, after all the conflict of the last few years.
And, Archie's birthday makes a plausible excuse, even if it's not all that convincing.

At any rate, now the main focus will be on the Coronation, as it should be.

I think myself, call me cynical, that Meghan is being cagey. SHe didn't appear at all as far as I know, at the various interviews to publicise the book. Is she distancing herself from some of the things that Harry said, so that she can look better.. or so that, if she and H ever split up, H would look worse?

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 7: Oct. 2022 -

They can celebrate later. People do that all the time. I’m not surprised Harry is missing it. His dad’s coronation is a once in a lifetime event.

If it was that big of a thing- the kids could have come along- like they did when Lili’s birthday hit during the Jubilee.

I do wonder about the delayed response though. What happened BTS would probably be interesting.

Last edited:

Wasn’t it last year that on Archie’s birthday he played polo?

Truthfully, I'm not entirely sure they were both invited. The only statement issued by them prior to today reads "I can confirm The Duke has recently received email correspondence from His Majesty's office regarding the coronation." That really doesn't say that they both were invited and it doesn't even really say that either of them were invited. Email correspondence does not necessarily equal an invitation and given that the statement specifies that only Harry received said email correspondence, I'm not sure we should just automatically believe that she was invited.

Could be me, but I suspect that Charles does not really want either of them there, partciularly Meghan, and he knows that Meg doesn't want to come that much as it will be uncomfortable. But he would like Harry to be there and could manage a ten min conversation with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom