The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 7: Oct. 2022 - Apr. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would we know I agree. I am sure they have rsvp'd like everyone.

Hallo Girl, I would love to think that, but unfortunately with the Sussex's I believe they simply haven't responded. More negotiations, more games.
At least ( and I do take it with a grain of salt) that is what multiple Reports out of the UK are saying, that The Sussex's have not RSVP'd.

Plus, their favored mouthpieces like Omid Scobie tellingly have not said a word......I think The Sussex's are very much enjoying this, being in control and frustrating The Palace...again.

Last edited:
I doubt if the Palace is getting upset at their nonsense, they are used to it by now. If they come they'll be stuck wherever the RH choose to put them... and htey can't do anything about that.

I think H and M are being deliberate and quietly having a good laugh at the fact that they are making the organizers wait in their reply.

I think H and M are being deliberate and quietly having a good laugh at the fact that they are making the organizers wait in their reply.

To be fair, we don't know if they've replied or not, in the same way we don't know which other family members are attending.

Which is rude.

Not only is it rude, but also creates lots of practical problems. The Mirror article linked to another forum says that the Palace has not been able to finalize the seating arrangements because they are still waiting for Harry and Meghan's confirmation that they will attend the coronation. And, assuming that the royal ladies will wear tiaras and gowns (which the Mirror also implied, but has not been confirmed), then arrangements have to be made for Meghan in that respect too. I am pretty sure that other royal ladies have already had fittings by now if they are going to wear gala attire.

The deadline for RSVP was April 3 according to the Mirror, which makes Harry and Meghan's lack of reply unacceptable. It looks as if they are almost trying to sabotage or derail the event.

I doubt if the Palace are having troulbe. If they come, there will be room for them. If not, it wont matter

Not only is it rude, but also creates lots of practical problems. The Mirror article linked to another forum says that the Palace has not been able to finalize the seating arrangements because they are still waiting for Harry and Meghan's confirmation that they will attend the coronation. And, assuming that the royal ladies will wear tiaras and gowns (which the Mirror also implied, but has not been confirmed), then arrangements have to be made for Meghan in that respect too. I am pretty sure that other royal ladies have already had fittings by now if they are going to wear gala attire.

The deadline for RSVP was April 3 according to the Mirror, which makes Harry and Meghan's lack of reply unacceptable. It looks as if they are almost trying to sabotage or derail the event.

If I were responsible, I would prepare two plans: with and without them.

If I were responsible, I would prepare two plans: with and without them.
I agree. I think that there should be a point where if the Sussexes have not replied (if the rumors are even true that they have not), then TPTB should let them know that their invite will be rescinded, but at the same time there should be a plan in place for both scenarios.

Do you think the RH haven't wroked out how to deal with the Sussexes ages ago>

Denville, The Firm "tries" to deal with them by ignoring them when they attack The Family-Institution in Interviews, Media and Books . When they are forced to inact with them, as in The Jubilee, they try to keep them away from the now Senior Royal Line. When they extend an Olive Branch, as William & kate did in the walkabout at Windsor, after The Queens death, it still does no good.

Its very hard to "deal" with rogue family members, who are determined to mock, demean and diminish your standing in public opinion. In this case The Royal Family and the Institution. ALL to elevate their OWN Sussex position and brand. Bizarrely trading off the Royal connection they claim to feel is outdated and in need of great modernization. By them.
I bet there are competing view points on how to deal with The Sussex's antics, games and now intransigence. Charles, William's and "The Men in Grey".

I bet they are giving lots of headaches to all of the players involved too.

Buckingham Palace has just announced that Harry will attend the coronation, but Meghan will stay in California with the kids.

NEW: Buckingham Palace is pleased to confirm that The Duke of Sussex will attend the Coronation Service at Westminster Abbey on 6th May. The Duchess of Sussex will remain in California with Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet.

Buckingham Palace has just announced that Harry will attend the coronation, but Meghan will stay in California with the kids.

Probably the best outcome for everyone, so I’m glad to see that this was the decision.

A link to the story in the Telegraph:

https://archive.is/h1YVf

Probably the right decision all around, I think. It removes several sources of awkwardness, and keeps the focus on the Coronation, as it should be.

Too bad Archie and Lily are not coming. Otherwise, good!

Im sure Charles will live if he doesn't see the grandchildren. He will be sad about it, but I suspect he does not want to see Harry or Meghan more than at funerals or the Coronation. In fact sounds like he doens't want MEghan at anything.

I think it’s an excellent decision. And after the Coronation and possibly being a witness at the Daily Mirror case the following week, Harry will be able to return and have a great time with the birthday boy Archie belatedly!

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 7: Oct. 2022 -

Probably the best outcome for everyone, so I’m glad to see that this was the decision.

I think so too. It would have been awkward- and I frankly doubt Meghan will be missed.

I’m kind of surprised they’re not both going just the same, since Meghan says they’re like salt and pepper. Lol Kidding….sort of. I did lean towards the idea that it would be both coming or both staying home though.

I am sad that Charles has no chance to see his grandchildren. This would have been an opportunity- to come to the UK and stay for awhile. It’s not like the Sussexes have real jobs or a lack of money and help.

Last edited:
Im sure Charles is resigned to the fact that he wotn see his grandchildren... hardly ever.

I am not surprised that Meghan is not present at the coronation, as her relationship with the Royal Family is almost non-existent. At least Harry will be there for this important moment for his father.

I am not surprised that Meghan is not present at the coronation, as her relationship with the Royal Family is almost non-existent. At least Harry will be there for this important moment for his father.

If I remember rightly, there was an argument about her going to Balmoral when the queen died, wasnt there? SO possibly Charles does not really want her anywhere adn will only meet her occasionally for H's sake.

Perhaps this is the best that could be hoped for ... Harry as a son and royal duke, Meghan as the outcast stays behind.

Would she dare provide a running commentary while her husband participates? That would be pretty brazen even for Meghan!

Last edited:
Harry wont be participating, as such, at least I doubt it, but he will be htere as a guest

Absolutely the best outcome for all involved. While I'm sure Charles would like to see the grandchildren, it will be an incredibly busy time and his schedule is sure to be packed to the minute so there likely wouldn't be much time to spend with them anyway.

This seems like a sensible solution for all involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom