The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 5: June-July 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last person I'd think of to blame for Harry and Meghan's actions is Charles. Trying to pin anything on the Prince of Wales by these two just makes me lose more and more respect for the couple to the point that there isn't very much respect left whatsoever these days.

Even if some of the stories that are coming out from places like the DM and tabloids, the more that is coming out regardless whether it's credible or exaggerated or even made up, it all does still reflect on the reputation of Harry and Meghan and, to be honest, I've not seen anything much to list in their positive column these days.

I seriously believe they're committing professional suicide.

I guess it depends on how much weight one gives the UK tabloid media. Personally I don’t think the US media really care much what the UK gossip is, especially from publications they in legal wars with. We can already see that on how some mainstream media has covered the latest news.

At this point people who support and don’t support have their minds made up. Everyone else not thinking much about them one way or another

Last edited:
"In the direction of" could mean anything! She won't be visiting Harry because he's in quarantine. It wouldn't exactly look very good if the Head of State were to be seen breaking quarantine laws! Apart from anything else, if he'd literally only just arrived, he probably wanted a shower, a cup of tea and to unpack!

Last edited:

I said before in a discussion about royal education that I thought Harry seemed to have the raw materials to have made a good future King. It’s no secret he wasn’t academic, but he was polite, personable, athletic, good natured - young men like that often do well in life in general.

I think William, as the first born, would have grown up with expectations and a sense of responsibility that Harry didn’t have. I don’t think it would have been anything dramatic, but anyone who’s grown up in a family in which the expectations for the siblings are different - between the sons and the daughters, for example, or when one of the children is earmarked to take over a family business from a young age - knows that there are all sorts of subtle signals and decisions that can influence a child’s way of seeing themselves and the world. There were probably more eyes on William as he matured, with people ready to step in and gently nudge him in the right direction before he had too much of a chance to go down the wrong path.

It may be that William didn’t need much of the help waiting in the wings to do what was expected of him; I know there was talk when he was younger about him not wanting to be King, but he’s never really seemed like an especially rebellious person. I suspect it was Harry who would have benefitted from more structure and active intervention when he was a teenager and a young man. Some people really thrive when they’re given clear expectations and discipline and, given that Harry seemed to do well enough day to day in the army, he may be one of them.

I said before in a discussion about royal education that I thought Harry seemed to have the raw materials to have made a good future King. It’s no secret he wasn’t academic, but he was polite, personable, athletic, good natured - young men like that often do well in life in general.

it was Harry who would have benefitted from more structure and active intervention when he was a teenager and a young man. Some people really thrive when they’re given clear expectations and discipline and, given that Harry seemed to do well enough day to day in the army, he may be one of them.

Hummm, But was Harry "good natured"? Im not so sure. It seems like he was carrying a LOT of suppressed anger, and a resentment against his family and the world in general. and was he polite in private?

"In the direction of" could mean anything! She won't be visiting Harry because he's in quarantine. It wouldn't exactly look very good if the Head of State were to be seen breaking quarantine laws! Apart from anything else, if he'd literally only just arrived, he probably wanted a shower, a cup of tea and to unpack!

Well Assuming he wants to see her - Im sure it wouldn't be breaking regulations if they spoke through a window and its a summer evening...

Hummm, But was Harry "good natured"? Im not so sure. It seems like he was carrying a LOT of suppressed anger, and a resentment against his family and the world in general. and was he polite in private?

Hard to say! We can only go by what we see in public. What goes on behind closed doors is anyone’s guess, but that’s true of any public figure. A more accurate description may be that Harry was capable of appearing to be good natured, polite, etc, in public for reasonable lengths of time.

Apparently, HM likes to walk with her dogs in that general area. Also, She may have been over to see tiny great-grandchild August Brooksbank.

Yes and she chose to exercise her dogs and see August about half an hour after she knew Harry had arrived at Frogmore Cottage? IMO it’s not so difficult to believe that the Queen loves Harry as she does all her grandchildren, and might appreciate talking to him on a short distanced and masked walk or through the window of FC rather than on a phone call.

Last edited:
Yes and she chose to exercise her dogs and see August about half an hour after she knew Harry had arrived at Frogmore Cottage? It’s not so difficult to believe that the Queen loves Harry as she does all her grandchildren, and might appreciate talking to him on a short distanced and masked walk or through the window of FC.

If there's anyone that would sincerely want to talk to Harry and see him, it would be his grandmother. She may not like or approve of some of the things that he's done or said but she's not going to shun him or ever make him feel unwanted. This is what family does. Especially grandmothers. ?

And she may have been avoiding everyone and heading to the parkland around Frogmore House with her dogs. HM is not known for enjoying confrontational conversations.

But it needn’t necessarily be confrontational though. She may just want to see him in the flesh for the first time since Prince Philip’s funeral, find out how his long flight was, ask about his children, his family dogs etc which I’m sure they’ve spoken about before. She would probably ask about Lili, the new great-grandchild. They may talk about the statue.

In California we have what is called a Read ID. You have to produce a certified birth certificate, documents establishing residency (utility bills, medical bills, passport if you have one and so forth). If women marry and divorce they have to have marriage certificates of all there marriages to show changes in name. This is required in this state to fly. You obtain this a the DMV. Of course to fly out of the country you need a passport also. HRH The Duke of Sussex must have a California Real ID to fly.
I looked on the internet and see different info on what states are required to have the Real ID the info varies.

Actually, you don't need a Real ID yet. The requirement has been delayed because of Covid for another 2 years. A normal driver's license is still valid to fly domestically and enter federal buildings/military bases, etc. And if you have your passport with you, you won't need a Real ID to fly, even when the rule goes into effect in 2023.

There is no reason Harry has to have a Real ID to fly, or exist, in the State of California. His passport is sufficient to fly domestically or internationally. He doesn't need a California Driver's License (Real ID or not) to drive in California if his U.K. license is currently valid.

And if Meghan or anyone else in California wanted to change their name legally, even before Real ID they had to go to the DMV to do so with documentation. So she likely has kept her maiden name legally, (assuming this TMZ document is correct), or because of Covid, like many of us, has been putting off going to the DMV to make the change. I know someone who didn't bother changing her legal name until 3 years of marriage, because of how much she hated going to the California DMV.

Personally, I think this entire thing isn't a big deal. If the birth certificate application is rejected, Harry and Megan will be required to go in person and fix it, and then it will be fixed and issued.

Last edited:
Since when do we credit quotes written by the DM? I don't think we should quote them, people will start regarding them as facts.

Exactly! I agree, and the same with most British tabloids though the Fail is among the worst.

Since when do we credit quotes written by the DM? I don't think we should quote them, people will start regarding them as facts.

Any source must be taken with a dose of salt. This is by Robert Lacey plugging his new book so it's not just the DM but I'm not sure I agree with a lot of it.

I think it's gone beyond "William and Harry just need to get over themselves and hug" and that "conditions for peace now within their grasp". He also calls Charles slimmed down monarchy plans a disaster and says "what Meghan wants Meghan gets so give her children HRH and she can't complain" - I think the last year has shown they will still complain and not acknowledge any good.

And I kind of doubt there's a large group of mutual friends who can see both sides and are constantly trying to get them to understand each other and he seems to want William to do the most soul searching, invite them to the Jubilee and doesn't say what Harry specifically has to do.

Any source must be taken with a dose of salt. This is by Robert Lacey plugging his new book so it's not just the DM but I'm not sure I agree with a lot of it.

I think it's gone beyond "William and Harry just need to get over themselves and hug" and that "conditions for peace now within their grasp". He also calls Charles slimmed down monarchy plans a disaster and says "what Meghan wants Meghan gets so give her children HRH and she can't complain" - I think the last year has shown they will still complain and not acknowledge any good.

And I kind of doubt there's a large group of mutual friends who can see both sides and are constantly trying to get them to understand each other and he seems to want William to do the most soul searching, invite them to the Jubilee and doesn't say what Harry specifically has to do.
I dont blame Will for being upset and angry and it sounds to me like he does not see a possibility of reconciliation with Harry.

Hard to say! We can only go by what we see in public. What goes on behind closed doors is anyone’s guess, but that’s true of any public figure. A more accurate description may be that Harry was capable of appearing to be good natured, polite, etc, in public for reasonable lengths of time.

To be honest what we now see of Harry seems to me to show that he wasn't likely to have been good at the job of King. He seems now to be a nightmare to deal with in private and has shown anger and resentment in public. Plus there was his drinking and abuse of drugs...
And it seems like the being good at public appearances and charity work was a front.. and not all that sincere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny how there was not one complaint about Harry losing his temper or being bad-mannered when he was growing up, not as a child, not from ex staff at KP nor when he lived at CH and Nott Cott, nor from people in the KP offices or other Army colleagues on active service.

Last edited:
Funny how there was not one complaint about Harry losing his temper or being bad-mannered when he was growing up, not as a child, not from ex staff at KP nor when he lived at CH and Nott Cott, nor from people in the KP offices or other Army colleagues on active service.
I seem to remember a tale of Harry getting drunk and abusing a barman....
Funny then that Harry told us he felt angry all the time..and that he's now lashing out left right and centre?

There were no complaints from the people who worked for him or with him, nor when he was a child. Diana insisted on good manners and people who were employed at KP and Highgrove were fond of Harry and said he was very polite. Whereas certain other royals close to the Queen have been criticised for their behaviour toward staff in childhood and later.

Last edited:
There were no complaints from the people who worked for him or with him, nor when he was a child. Diana insisted on good manners and people who were employed at KP and Highgrove were fond of Harry and said so.

There are some out there. They haven't really made it to the papers in a concentrated way but they are around, of course should always be taken with a grain of salt.

Mothers can insist on good manners all they like but it doesn't mean their children are always going to obey.

Cressida has allegedly said he was paranoid and angry when they were dating (which fits with what he's said) and there were stories of frequent blow ups with Chelsy. Again pinch of salt.

Harry himself said that William told him his angry/out of control behaviour "was not normal" and again admitted to being out of control angry recently in his teens and 20s.

I'm sure a lot of people were very fond of Harry and he wasn't 100% terrible 100% of the time or anything like that, but no one in the media seems particularly surprised with his own recent pronouncements that he was a loose canon of anger, drugs and pain. It's just that "cheeky, loveable hero Harry" sold a lot of papers. And to be fair I'm sure there's that side of him there as well.

Royal reporters also acknowledge that William can have a "short fuse and temper" among other things.

But the big reason a lot of people are questioning their previous impression of Harry is because what he has said and done himself and shown himself to be angry, entitled and bitter with not a good word to say about anyone except his wife.

There are some out there. They haven't really made it to the papers in a concentrated way but they are around, of course should always be taken with a grain of salt.

Harry himself said that William told him his angry/out of control behaviour "was not normal" and again admitted to being out of control angry recently in his teens and 20s.

I'm sure a lot of people were very fond of Harry and he wasn't 100% terrible 100% of the time or anything like that, but no one in the media seems particularly surprised with his own recent pronouncements that he was a loose canon of anger, drugs and pain. It's just that "cheeky, loveable hero Harry" sold a lot of papers. And to be fair I'm sure there's that side of him there as well.

Royal reporters also acknowledge that William can have a "short fuse and temper" among other things.

But the big reason a lot of people are questioning their previous impression of Harry is because what he has said and done himself and shown himself to be angry, entitled and bitter with not a good word to say about anyone except his wife.
well William was a bit of a brat as a small child, because Diana didn't like anyone correcting the children other than herself and then after he behaved badly at Andrew's wedding, I think things were tightened up. His nanny was allowed to give him a smack or tell him off, and he was probably corrected and punished more regularly.. and his behavior improved. Probably Harry benefited from this more stringent policy, as he was 2 years younger.
But He is the one who said that he was angry and wanting to hit people for many years, and he did get into fights with photographers as far as I can recall...
Probably he suppressed his anger by drinking and drugging but he clearly has held onto it.. and now that he is at an age when you'd think that youthful bursts of temper should have quieted down and youthful High jinks should be put away, he seems angrier than ever. He has a wife he loves, 2 children and he's gotten away from his terrible family and yet he is STILL angry, still remembering how he didn't like being "forced" into royal work..

I agree that there are a few stories out there about him and I remember seeing a pic of him wiht Chelsea when she had flown in from Africa to meet him. He looked the worse for wear, I think he had turned up late and gone to the wrong gate and they were having a bit of an argument...

Last edited:
Yes and she chose to exercise her dogs and see August about half an hour after she knew Harry had arrived at Frogmore Cottage? IMO it’s not so difficult to believe that the Queen loves Harry as she does all her grandchildren, and might appreciate talking to him on a short distanced and masked walk or through the window of FC rather than on a phone call.

Well, if she does, she'd better have an independent witness along!
Or who knows what Harry might have to say about that (or any other) private conversation?

I don't think any of the RF should meet with Harry one-on-one; he's liable to accuse them of something afterwards.

Well, if she does, she'd better have an independent witness along!
Or who knows what Harry might have to say about that (or any other) private conversation?

I don't think any of the RF should meet with Harry one-on-one; he's liable to accuse them of something afterwards.

She might have gone to say hello. I agree she sould be wary, and she probably is....

The certificate is legal, it seems.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/357055-su...rry-used-hrh-title-on-lilis-birth-certificate

Strange how every royal duke's legal name has included actual names before - Charles and William's for sure and I think Harry's, on Archie's certificate.

Personally, I think there just wasn't enough room for everything, so Harry and Meghan chose the part that mattered most to them. From all I've seen of them, they're desperate to present their children as prince and princesses - and if it isn't possible right now, they'll do everything to underline their princely heritage. Who knows, one day it might come in handy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom