The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2020, 11:06 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
I must admit most people I know who support the couple aren't really fans, they just seem to oppose the bullying, lying an conspiracy theories. They (I) would have liked to see a photo, but most of us can understand why the couple chose not to.
so they have relatively few fans then, if many of the poeple who support them aren't really fans....

Old 12-29-2020, 11:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Harry and Meghan's podcast is out now.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/3pg...TmacalvWrZvroQ

Old 12-29-2020, 11:17 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I believe that they'll want to be present for any of the private family events for Phillip's 100th birthday too. Also as Pranter pointed out, they will likely want to have in-person visits with their patronages/charities if possible.
And obviously Harry would want to see his father and other family...
Old 12-29-2020, 11:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
so they have relatively few fans then, if many of the poeple who support them aren't really fans....
I believe most fans are active on Twitter and Instagram, and I'm not. Besides, not having fans doesn't mean they have no supporters. These people might not call themselves "fans" (whatever the criteria are), but they do support the couple in their ventures. I think that's more important. Fans and detractors are two opposites of the same coint. The majority are either supporters or indifferent. I think that would the same for the Cambridges for instance.
Old 12-29-2020, 11:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I believe most fans are active on Twitter and Instagram, and I'm not. Besides, not having fans doesn't mean they have no supporters. These people might not call themselves "fans" (whatever the criteria are), but they do support the couple in their ventures. I think that's more important. Fans and detractors are two opposites of the same coint. The majority are either supporters or indifferent. I think that would the same for the Cambridges for instance.

Good points all around Elenath and I believe that would apply to not only the Sussexes and Cambridges but the majority of the royals that we are discussing on this site.
Old 12-29-2020, 12:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I must admit most people I know who support the couple aren't really fans, they just seem to oppose the bullying, lying an conspiracy theories. They (I) would have liked to see a photo, but most of us can understand why the couple chose not to.
So people who have no idea about the monarchy, how it operates, or use critical thinking about the couple shenanigans, and therefore assume that any criticism about Meghan and Harry must be because of lies or racism or bullying.

Like we said, it is mostly their fans who are waiting for a picture of Archie, not those of us who are not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
But we knew this already.

Quote:

I think the majority are indifferent, if you support something than you are a sort of a fan. whether you are an informed fan or not is another matter, and most of the people who support them seem to do so with a great deal of ignorance.

ETA: and a HARD pass on that podcast. Some guests I would love to listen to - in other capacities, others it's best of they and their over privileged (at times wacky) mouth can keep quiet.
And apperantly Archie makes a voice appearance, which.. literally is what have been talking about for the last couple of days, ie his privacy.
Old 12-29-2020, 12:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Harry and Meghan's podcast is out now.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/3pg...TmacalvWrZvroQ
I loved Archie’s cameo! His little laugh is filled with pure joy. Hearing him made my morning.
Old 12-29-2020, 02:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post
So people who have no idea about the monarchy, how it operates, or use critical thinking about the couple shenanigans, and therefore assume that any criticism about Meghan and Harry must be because of lies or racism or bullying.

Like we said, it is mostly their fans who are waiting for a picture of Archie, not those of us who are not.

But we knew this already.

I think the majority are indifferent, if you support something than you are a sort of a fan. whether you are an informed fan or not is another matter, and most of the people who support them seem to do so with a great deal of ignorance.
It's comments like these that had me stop coming to this forum. I never said this:
Quote:
any criticism about Meghan and Harry must be because of lies or racism or bullying.
. This is just as black and white as
Quote:
whether you are an informed fan or not is another matter, and most of the people who support them seem to do so with a great deal of ignorance.
Not to mention it is insulting and unnecessary. Most of the detractors I encounter seem to think the BRF is like a version of Game of Thrones.

This is the definition of a fan
Quote:
A fan or fanatic, sometimes also termed aficionado or enthusiast, is a person who exhibits strong interest or admiration for something or somebody, such as a celebrity or a sport or a sports team, a genre, a politician, a book, a movie or an entertainer.
This not how I consider myself.

I tried coming back here, and I was never that active, but you know what...keep it.
Old 12-29-2020, 04:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
I loved Archie’s cameo! His little laugh is filled with pure joy. Hearing him made my morning.
How adorable!!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 12-29-2020, 05:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Cringe of course but strangely not as bad as i expected it to be (my expectations were not particularly high though).
Still, i really don't see the point. The sole thing i can see is that it's now totally irrelevant from a royal perspective. That's just entertainement.
From that, after all, if this very very light hearted programm can find some followers and they have a good time, well good for them.
Old 12-29-2020, 05:46 PM
Administrator

Posts relating to Titles have been removed - they are off-topic.

One-liner posts that add nothing constructive to the discussion have been removed - they are considered "empty posts".

Personal remarks towards other members have been deleted - they are against the Forum Rules. If you wish to contact another member with a specific issue, do so by PM - note that PMs are subject to the same Rules as posting within the threads.

The discussion analysing "fans" and/or "non-fans" must now end. This is a General News and Events thread, not a platform to discuss other members or whether they are a fan or not of particular royals.
Old 12-29-2020, 05:56 PM
Commoner

Very Special Indeed!

"2020 Archewell Audio Holiday Special" was indeed very special; loved that they included many voices from different walks of life

The icing on the cake…I did not expect Archie to be the little man of the hour and stealer of shows; gave me a tooth ache (too sweet)—simply too adorable, too cute ah
Old 12-29-2020, 06:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Cringe of course but strangely not as bad as i expected it to be (my expectations were not particularly high though).
Still, i really don't see the point. The sole thing i can see is that it's now totally irrelevant from a royal perspective. That's just entertainement.
From that, after all, if this very very light hearted programm can find some followers and they have a good time, well good for them.
Seems to be the general view. Froth on froth. If they can make a living basically not harming anyone and speaking/selling froth and 'ethical' ideas, more power to them. I mean our right, cringe and embarassing for a brother, that a grandson, son and brother of a King would do it. But whatever. Who cares really.
Old 12-29-2020, 07:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjovie View Post
"2020 Archewell Audio Holiday Special" was indeed very special; loved that they included many voices from different walks of life

The icing on the cake…I did not expect Archie to be the little man of the hour and stealer of shows; gave me a tooth ache (too sweet)—simply too adorable, too cute ah
A bit of Harrys accent can be heard in Archies voice...and the giggle at the end, beyond cute!

LaRae
Old 12-30-2020, 12:28 AM
Majesty

It was a happy and lighthearted podcast, just right for lifting spirits at the end of a year that has been horrendous for so many. Archie was fantastic, the cherry on the cake IMO.

A, on the whole, favourable review from the Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...e-interviewing
Old 12-30-2020, 06:18 AM
Serene Highness

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...l-podcast.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...st-series.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...an-Markle.html

They have a very short window of opportunity; which is to make as much money as they can; which is what it's all about for them. Is Hollywood really interested in this woman; who turns 40, next year??
Old 12-30-2020, 06:46 AM
Courtier

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 2: December 2020-

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post

They have a very short window of opportunity; which is to make as much money as they can; which is what it's all about for them. Is Hollywood really interested in this woman; who turns 40, next year??
I'm not a fan of Harry & Meghan, but I do not trust Daily Mail and other tabloids (The Sun, The Mirror, The Express), including those so called experts. Most members of this forum certainly take these tabloid sources a pinch of salt.

Not many people speak with Received Pronounciation (RP), even if their grandparents and parents spoke with RP. This also applies to the current British nobility and gentry. Well, the only living "public" figure that I know (other than members of the Royal Family) who has remotely RP is Jacob Rees-Mogg (current Leader of the House of Commons and Conservative MP for North East Somerset). He certainly get his RP from his father William Rees-Mogg, Baron Rees-Mogg (Life Peer and Former Editor of The Times). Even Jacob's sister (Annunziata) and some MPs with aristocratic, gentry or upper-class backgrounds (David Cameron, Boris Johnson, Richard Drax) do not speak with RP. Some have mentioned that Jacob Rees-Mogg sounds posher than Prince William.

If Archie is going to grow up and receive education in the US, of course he is most likely going to have an American accent.
Old 12-30-2020, 07:10 AM
Majesty

Quote:

I would say wait and see what contributions Archewell makes to charities and endeavours in 2021 before jumping to the conclusion that all the Sussexes are interested in is money. The couple have already made several donations to various charities over the last few months, noted here in these threads, including the Xmas period.

As for 'Hollywood', Meghan isn't going back to acting so why would Hollywood be interested? However both Netflix and Spotify are very interested or they wouldn't have signed the couple up to lucrative contracts. All this is very different to the predictions made here, in the Press, on SM etc, that the couple wouldn't be able to earn an income in the US, were living in other people's homes because of it, and would be forced back to the UK with their tails between their legs by that predicted inability.
Old 12-30-2020, 09:55 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
Seems to be the general view. Froth on froth. If they can make a living basically not harming anyone and speaking/selling froth and 'ethical' ideas, more power to them. I mean our right, cringe and embarassing for a brother, that a grandson, son and brother of a King would do it. But whatever. Who cares really.
Well they have one guest on that podcast that is far from being Froth and is a very dangerous person paddling pseudo science, who thinks AIDS can be cured via "Ayurveda's primordial sound".
While I am not surprised to see him on the list, I am disappointed they are giving this man airtime.

Quote:

What does her age have anything to do with it? plenty of women who made it big in hollywood past 40. Meghan's problem isn't her age, it's that she doesn't really offer anything new to the hollywood besides the titles (and even those aren't really hers) - and those, imo, will only hold interest for so long. her true hollywood resilient power will be tested if she and Harry ever divorce, until than she's somewhat safe.
Old 12-30-2020, 12:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

I find it a bit funny that some people seem so surprised that Archie has an American accent. Of course he would- he hasn’t lived in the UK since well before he could speak! I’m sure he’ll have certain aspects of Harry’s accent that will creep in especially as he’s still learning to speak (I remember an interview with Emily Blunt about how her American-born daughter said certain words like “water” in a British accent as a toddler) but I’m sure his accent will become a fairly standard California accent the older he gets and the more time he spends among people other than his parents. I’m sure the same would have been true had they continued to live in the UK- he probably would have said some words in his mother’s American accent but it would have fallen away into a British accent the older he got.

Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry, sussex