Staff of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is not about the media, or Meghan’s past interviews. Let’s keep to the topic, please.

Buckingham Working Royals

I don't think anyone cares if Harry is on the same level as Andrew, Edward, and Anne.

Andrew, maybe? :lol:

H & M are naturally different due to generation, age - will never be quite the same as the Auntie and Uncles. The multiracial quality they bring is also a unique factor, and a big plus for their Queen's Commonwealth Trust roles.

Harry and Meghan will create an entirely new office of communications staff and courtiers at Buckingham Palace. I don't think Andrew, Edward, and Anne have their own communications staff and courtiers. Am I correct?

I don't know the answer to your question. I could only guess.

Having been reared by the Queen, Anne, Andrew and Edward strike me as likely
to be more comfortable and in sync with the Queen's/Buckingham Palace communications staff then anyone who joins the family - they've always been part of the Firm.

The Wessex's are the only working royal couple in the group. Their story and integration is interesting, not without it's own hiccups. Sophie has a natural affinity for her working royal role having been in PR. Everything now seems to be running very smoothly with them.

Omid and Emily's new podcast basically confirmed everything we already know. It's a complete split. Harry and Meghan will operate from BP and share staff with Anne and Andrew.

The new communications person won't be independent, she'll answer to the Queen's communications secretary.

They'll eventually go under royal family social media like Anne and Edward, leaving KP strictly for the Cambridges.

Harry and Meghan did want their own 'court' but that was vetoed. Only the Queen, Charles and Camilla and William and Kate will have courts.

One interesting new piece of news is William had to actually go to bat for Harry to get him more money from Charles and the Queen. Finances are tight so they said William had to go to 'bat' for Harry to get him a bit more.

Last edited:
The issue of staff wasn't what was said at all in that On Heir podcast. Omid said that things are going to be quiet until near the end of the year when Meghan will be returning from maternity leave and then Press Secretaries for Meghan and Harry will be announced. And Omid was repeating gossip about William going in to bat for his brother. (Nothing will be confirmed about office staff, IGs for the couple etc until later this year.)

Those who believe that the Sussexes are somehow going to disappear into the wallpaper next year and in coming years (especially in view of Commonwealth affairs) are going to be mightily surprised.

And personally I'm looking forward to all the excitement of the baby's arrival and the christening, with accompanying photos, to come, rather than worrying about office staff in six/seven months time.

This is a thread about Sussex staff so..

They'll be announcing their private secretary in the fall. They won't have a communications secretary. They will have Ms Latham who'll report to the Queen's secretary. And they literally said they will share staff with Anne and Edward

This is a thread about Sussex staff so..

They'll be announcing their private secretary in the fall. They won't have a communications secretary. They will have Ms Latham who'll report to the Queen's secretary. And they literally said they will share staff with Anne and Edward

You also posted other information in your initial post that was NOT said on the On Heir podcast, and that has not been mentioned officially. The entire thing about them going off and being completely independent and being on their own was pure speculation and was started as a rumour. I have seen no reputable Royal Reporter repeating that.

I don't really see any royal reporter or the media being actually totally informed of what is going on in the staff offices at BP or how the "Firm" plans on working everything. Its probably still all in the works figuring out the best way to do things going into the future. This is a good time for it too as with the Sussex baby arriving and then heading into the summer months, its not peak royal engagement or foreign tour times and Meghan will be on maternity leave.

One thing I do know is that the Queen's office is informed of everything whether it be Anne, Edward, Andrew, Charles and Camilla or William and Kate. The Queen's staff is the proverbial hub of the wheel. She's the "boss" and CEO of the "Firm" and from what I understand, she keeps informed about everything and anything that has to do with the "Firm".

I'm just going to sit back and watch and see what develops.

One thing mentioned on On Heir that I don’t think I’ve seen here: evidently it has clear to royal reporters that KP’s press office has had staffing assistance from the larger BP office for a while now. That’s in contrast to CH, which they say operates more independently.

For instance, on a busy day when William is somewhere with a support team entirely made up of KP staff, Harry and Meghan will sometimes be elsewhere with a team that’s a mix of KP and BP workers. In particular, it sounds like they often see staff they recognize as being from BP doing the job of collecting pictures and video for social media posts.

I find that interesting because it suggests this may not as *quite* as big of an overhaul as it may seem to us from the outside. And particularly in terms of social media, the office change may not indicate much of a difference in the nature of the posts we can expect to see, even as H&M are shifted to different accounts.

One thing mentioned on On Heir that I don’t think I’ve seen here: evidently it has clear to royal reporters that KP’s press office has had staffing assistance from the larger BP office for a while now. That’s in contrast to CH, which they say operates more independently.

For instance, on a busy day when William is somewhere with a support team entirely made up of KP staff, Harry and Meghan will sometimes be elsewhere with a team that’s a mix of KP and BP workers. In particular, it sounds like they often see staff they recognize as being from BP doing the job of collecting pictures and video for social media posts.

I find that interesting because it suggests this may not as *quite* as big of an overhaul as it may seem to us from the outside. And particularly in terms of social media, the office change may not indicate much of a difference in the nature of the posts we can expect to see, even as H&M are shifted to different accounts.

That's very interesting, and sheds a very different light on this whole changeover. It sounds as though it truly is not so much a move as it is a consolidation and streamlining of a process that has already been in development.

I truly believe all these changes have been on drawing board for years and quietly things have been put in position by the Queen, Prince Charles and Prince Philip. The fact that it is now needed for many reasons and a bit of a muddle due to the de-do of Buckingham Palace seemed to be ideal fodder for the media to blow things out of proportion and invent really fake news articles just to stir more garbage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clickbait. Nothing new.

Seriously, being ambitious and hardworking is suddenly a bad word! - only at Kensington Palace staff.

Comments about other members of the BRF, as well as comments speculating that the KP staff are working with the media to smear Meghan, have been deleted. Let’s stay on-topic and make sure opinions are based on factual information and not merely speculation, please.

Per the forum rules: “Whenever possible, opinions should be based on factual information obtained from reputable sources and should be backed up by references to those sources.”

Last edited:
I am disgusted to see the likes of Tatler seemingly picking up stories from crazy, racist tumblr-land. "Me-gain" is a common insult that originated from some of the very worst of the anti-Meghan tumblr blogs.

As it is, I highly doubt the KP staff would use this term or any other derogatory term for the royals they work with.

Says more about the staff than Meghan. Not that I believe it. Meghan is forever their scapegoat but even that article made little sense and while trying to attack Meghan they managed to trash the BRF as a whole.

There always has to be a devious plot or a underlying conspiracy when there are changes made that involve the royal family and how they operate things. Its the nature of the beast to dig out and find any reason for discord or discontent lurking in the shadows behind palace walls. Why? Because people eat it up and come back for seconds.

This isn't a popularity contest and it isn't about oneupmanship in the royal rank and file and there's no plot featuring an evil Queen and a poisoned apple with a dashing Prince Charming in the wings on his white horse at the ready to kiss the damsel's troubles away. However, it does point to a happily ever after in that the "Firm" runs smoothly as a well greased machine serving *all* the working royals of "Team Windsor". That's the ticket a lot of people are missing. The "Team Windsor" part. The all for one and one for all that is the glue that holds the "Firm" together in the first place.

Businesses adapt and change with the times and their needs. The "Firm" is no different. Its a well known fact that the "Firm" has always thought and planned ahead to the future hence the name of the now defunct panel called the "Way Ahead" group.

What I think is a very positive slant to all of this is that HM, The Queen is able to be involved with just about every angle of assuring that the monarchy goes into the next reign as smoothly as possible and will be able to see the changes be implemented. From the renovation of BP to the generation of her grandchildren that are supporting the monarchy established in meaningful roles with ample staff and support behind them and preparing to welcome yet another great grandchild into the fold.

Says more about the staff than Meghan. Not that I believe it. Meghan is forever their scapegoat but even that article made little sense and while trying to attack Meghan they managed to trash the BRF as a whole.

I totally agree. If it were another royal such as Anne or Sophie the media would commend them for "never stopping" and being hard workers, though with Meghan she's either pushy or overbearing. It was similar with Catherine when she first married into the BRF, though now she has a family and there's a new royal to bait, the tabloids have moved on.

I'm curious, why is almost every unfounded, negative article about Meghan posted on here? As I've understood, there has to be some facts backing posts up, and that Dailymail article contradicts itself from one paragraph to the next.
All of this has been discussed here previously, Amy moving overseas, and the other staff quitting "because of Meghan". That Dailymail article basically is actually incorrect, and yet it is posted here.
And Meagain is the mock name tumblr tinhats have named Meghan. The same tinhats who accuse her of faking this pregnancy and wish harm for her.

I am in total agreement. Why anyone would ever consider the Daily Mail as anything other than trash is beyond me.

I am also confused when the mods say to treat individual journalist with respect for their job and yet Piers Morgan became a part of the news about Meghan when he attacked her morals and motives on GMB, followed it up with interview with her family giving them a very public platform.

His last stunt was a 15 minute rant about his personal opinion of her, again on breakfast TV. What do we do when a "journalist" is as vile as her family. He is now part of the narrative and to pretend otherwise is counter-intuitive.

Please note that posts ignoring the earlier Mod note have been deleted. Further, let's move on from discussing the recent article since it adds nothing new to the topic of the thread.

I believe that just because people are getting so hyped up and panties in a twist over any tabloid articles shows perfectly that these reporters are earning their big money and laughing at you. Any intelligent reader must realize that most is made-up and fake news using probably less than one percent of facts. Just stop reading and commenting. You know they have people viewing every site or forum out there and collecting their interest points to make their editors and publishers proud. Just stop buying and reading and certainly commenting. That is the way to stop this garbage. Once again they will turn their evil brains to other subjects if you ignore. Reporters can't stand to get no attention or disregarded.

I believe that just because people are getting so hyped up and panties in a twist over any tabloid articles shows perfectly that these reporters are earning their big money and laughing at you. Any intelligent reader must realize that most is made-up and fake news using probably less than one percent of facts. Just stop reading and commenting. You know they have people viewing every site or forum out there and collecting their interest points to make their editors and publishers proud. Just stop buying and reading and certainly commenting. That is the way to stop this garbage. Once again they will turn their evil brains to other subjects if you ignore. Reporters can't stand to get no attention or disregarded.
Just don't make bullies and liars rich by cicking. Reading gutter press is not an innocent pastime

Y'know, I had a thought and thought I'd throw it out there and see what you all think. Is it possible that this move to BP and establishing their own household and office has been in the work perhaps since the time of the wedding? One thing makes me think so is that quite a bit of the staff came with words like "on loan from the Queen" and "temporary". They just filled the gap between the idea of their own office and actually implementing it. Has nothing to do with Harry or Meghan or a feud or a split but was always in the works? A total move put in place and implemented by the "Firm"?

Makes sense to me. :D

Fair point, I am sure a number of the appointments were temporary to allow the couple to settle in, then make their own choices. It was a new situation for Meghan, time for everybody to find their feet.

Fair point, I am sure a number of the appointments were temporary to allow the couple to settle in, then make their own choices. It was a new situation for Meghan, time for everybody to find their feet.

That, or they were weighing the option of either beefing up the KP office or splitting and wanted to just sort of flll positions in short term while the pros and cons of each were sorted out. The tone of some of the inside source comments being quoted here and there said to me that there were staff hoping to keep them at KP (which might make some of the present folks in effect more senior, by way of having new folks under or at least less tenured than them) and others ready to divide and conquer, so to speak, with everyone just sure that their own preference would prevail.

:previous:

It might have been more innocent than that, just time to settle in
Nothing more sinister than that. Who is to know the ' insider comments ' are true.

Family news for the Sussexes- they have a new nanny with a NDA

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.et...fe-as-a-mom-nannies-new-bling-ndas-126864?amp

Frankly I don't see why other royal family members don't have their staff sign NDAs. There may be the prestige of working in a royal household but from what I hear the pay is not that great. Plenty of incentive to run to the tabloids or strike a book deal. Paul Burrell is airing Diana's laundry long after she has passed. It's probably why the Sussexes don't have staff - they are taking their time vetting potential employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom