The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 02:51 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
The three have attended events together for the heads together campaign, and things like movie studio visits. It seems to have lead people to believe it will go from a threesome to a foursome.
I feel like the three have attended events together because Harry had no one else to attend events with, and they included him. Third-wheeling all the way

But I get that we might see them from time to time together on campaigns such as Heads Together, but they should be mostly separate as like M Payton said they can do a lot more separate. I have no doubt that "at home" they'll be a cheeky little foursome etc.

I do see Meghan making her mark on the Royal Foundation though, as that will undoubtedly continue.

I've just watched last nights interview, and maybe it's just the un-romantic in me but I found it very sweet. Like just a bit too smiley. Now don't judge but hopefully you get what I mean.

Old 11-28-2017, 02:56 AM
Nobility

"Smiley" , yes ! I was very smiley the day i got engaged to the man I love, in fact I don't think I stopped smiling from proposal to about a week later !!!
One thing I pick up from the BBC news this morning is that President trump hasn't sent a message of congratulations !
Come on Mr President , Megan is one of your own !!

The "Guards " chapel has been mentioned as a possible venue. I am not sure how big this is as I have never been there, one of the few churches in London I haven't .

Old 11-28-2017, 03:47 AM
Administrator

A reminder that we have the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post2042517 thread to discuss ideas for the wedding.

Let's also move away from comparing peoples' views on US presidents.
Old 11-28-2017, 03:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by lady of hay View Post
I have to admit , I did have my doubts about Megan and Harry's relationship. Now I don't , it is obvious to all that they are very much in love . They look "right " together, and I don't think for one minute that Harry is getting anyone of a "lower standard".
Megan will be an asset to our Royal Family , a woman who has had a career , can handle the media with confidence, has already established her humanitarian interests and work.
I definitely agree. How often do the Fates throw together a couple that can have such cute nicknames such as our MaiaMia_53 has come up with. Nutmeg and Ginger. Sounds like a cozy, winter drink to me.
Old 11-28-2017, 04:02 AM
Nobility

There was a poignant throwback to the engagement day of Harry's parents. When asked by the interviewer "..........And in love?" Diana giggled shyly, blushed, and replied "Of course". When asked if his proposal had been romantic, Harry -complete with tiny giggle and a hint of blush- replied "Of course"! Diana's presence was there in more than just the two smaller diamonds in Meghan's magnificent ring.
Old 11-28-2017, 04:23 AM
Serene Highness

I'm actually so in awe with Harry. He hit so many home runs with this interview. One huge one was, that he let Meghan handle the racism question on her own, completely, without commenting on it specifically. While it effects him too, through her, it's her experience.

I also noticed, that they aren't only yes yesing each other. They are able to disagree, or offer an opposing opinion, and it's normal. They hear each out and respect each other.

I also appreciated, how he addressed the demanding career and job she has/had. Her career can easily be brushed off as 'just a d-list actress', but filming schedules usually are VERY tight, taxing and demanding. I like that he acknowledged the 4 AM mornings etc.

He also didn't shy away from expressing his love and feelings for Meghan, appreciating her 'greatness', and expressing how their relationship is the first priority. Added the geek out over 'husband' comment.

He did so well.
Old 11-28-2017, 05:04 AM
Majesty

I think the ring is very dull, I don't generally like diamonds as the main stone and I appereicate Harry wanting to put some of his mother's jewels into it, but coudlnt' he have desgined something ab it more "glamourous" and had Di's diamonds surrounding or flanking it?
Old 11-28-2017, 05:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I think the ring is very dull, I don't generally like diamonds as the main stone and I appereicate Harry wanting to put some of his mother's jewels into it, but coudlnt' he have desgined something ab it more "glamourous" and had Di's diamonds surrounding or flanking it?
The bride prefers simple and elegant jewelry. I think that takes precedence over any of our personal preference, no? It’s a beautiful ring when you look at it close up. I would say save the glamour for fashion jewelry, the engagement will be worn every day and should stand the test of time. Classic designs are best in this case.
Old 11-28-2017, 06:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Rebecca English‏ @RE_DailyMail
The Duchess of Cambridge today on #PrinceHarry and #MeghanMarkle's #engagement: William and I are absolutely thrilled. It’s such exciting news. It’s a really happy time for any couple and we wish them all the best and hope they enjoy this happy moment.
Old 11-28-2017, 06:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

I love this!

James Whatling‏
@JWhatling
16h16 hours ago

So there you have it. If this is the face of a new, more modern Monarchy then it's alright with me. Congratulations Harry & Meghan, you have both chosen very well. To those that doubted, hated and poured scorn, I hope you choked on your cornflakes this morning #harryandmeghan
Old 11-28-2017, 07:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

https://www.facebook.com/TELEGRAPH.C...6510099584749/

Ok there's no sound but this is cute...taken after the end of the interview
Old 11-28-2017, 07:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I love this!

James Whatling‏
@JWhatling
16h16 hours ago

So there you have it. If this is the face of a new, more modern Monarchy then it's alright with me. Congratulations Harry & Meghan, you have both chosen very well. To those that doubted, hated and poured scorn, I hope you choked on your cornflakes this morning #harryandmeghan
It was so funny yesterday on royal correspondent twitter world. Someone mentioned after this post that technically they can’t as the announcement came at 10 am and they’ve likely finished their corn flakes by then. He told them they were splitting heirs by then.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I love this!

James Whatling‏
@JWhatling
16h16 hours ago

It was so funny yesterday on royal correspondent twitter world. Someone mentioned after this post that technically they can’t as the announcement came at 10 am and they’ve likely finished their corn flakes by then. He told them they were splitting heirs by then.

Rebecca English is reporting that Duchess of Cornwall was asked today about Meghan and said “she is a star!”.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RE_DailyM...83962469896192
Old 11-28-2017, 07:42 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm surprised that some seem to feel the engagement is rushed, when they have been seeing each other over a year!

But then, I'm not a fan of these long drawn-out courtships that last for years.
All too often, they end badly.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I'm surprised that some seem to feel the engagement is rushed, when they have been seeing each other over a year!

A fresh example: Princess Beatrice and Dave Clark.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post

It’s all relative. William dated Kate for 7 years, so by contrast that was short.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Rebecca English is reporting that Duchess of Cornwall was asked today about Meghan and said “she is a star!”.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RE_DailyM...83962469896192
How nice !
Old 11-28-2017, 07:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Dr. Jill Biden sent out a congratulatory tweet on behalf of herself and the former Vice President.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DrBiden/status/935268266280439808
Old 11-28-2017, 07:52 AM
Heir Apparent

This marvellous error on the strapline is confirmed as genuine [it actually relates to the German Governmental kerfuffle]..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	genuine.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	300819  
Old 11-28-2017, 07:54 AM
Aristocracy

To those who are still detracting, I say this: Meghan will take to her new role like a duck to water, but even if she didn't, I actually believe that Harry loves his fiancée enough to forfeit his place in the line of succession, and live privately, supported financially by his father and brother rather modestly. IF. But they're going to be a brilliant team.

Closed Thread