Duke and Duchess of Sussex: Future Duties, Roles and Responsibilities

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

soapstar

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
Hermosa Beach
Country
United States
og9nvd.png
9hsaiq.png

Coat of Arms of TRH The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

Welcome to the thread to discuss the Future Duties and Responsiblities of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex

Please note that all posts relating to the Current Events of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex should be posted in the appropriate thread.

Last edited:
Meghan is applying to be a citizen. How can she move to Africa for 3 years? Also why is William’s private secretary involved in this? This is just dumb but fascinating that it was leaked.

Meghan is applying to be a citizen. How can she move to Africa for 3 years? Also why is William’s private secretary involved in this? This is just dumb but fascinating that it was leaked.

My thoughts exactly. She has her citizenship application, they just remodeled Frogmore Cottage and her patronages. I don't think this is any of the Sussexes doing as they don't have any permanent staff to discuss this. Why are William's staff so involved? ?

That was something I was kinda concerned with at the beginning of the relationship ...but when I saw the various videos of her talking about issues and how inclusive she was of men (she's not a rabid anti-man feminist) then I wasn't concerned with it any longer...and nothing has come up at her various engagements that is out of line.

LaRae
She's feminist like the Duchess of Cornwall, CP Mary is or Queen Maxima at the UN, supporting unexciting real-life problems. Really it seems more about equal opportunity for women and girls than "burning your bra type rabid feminist a la Germaine Greer in her heyday.
IMO this is not a good idea and I also don't think this is the Sussexes plan

Help, I can't open the link.

This sounds like one of those stories concocted to ferret out loose lips.

This sounds like one of those stories concocted to ferret out loose lips.

It is from The Sunday Times from Roya Nikkhah. This writer has a direct line to KP so make of that what you will.

Meghan's citizenship status makes moving abroad impractical.

Meghan's citizenship status makes moving abroad impractical.

I agree. This makes no sense and like I said, i don't think this the Sussexes idea.

I have so many questions and concerns about this article, but I'm trying to me kind right now. Instead of stating that the OPTICS of this piece by Roya Nikkah is not a good one for either her or KP or William.

I have so many questions and concerns about this article, but I'm trying to me kind right now. Instead of stating that the OPTICS of this piece by Roya Nikkah is not a good one for either her or KP or William.

Doesn’t the article say this “plan” originated with Sir David Manning and the Queen’s former private secretary Lord Christopher Geidt?

Hmm. Well, I can see why Harry and Meghan might like to get away and carve out a bit of a life for themselves without living in a fishbowl, and I can see where royal advisors might like to harness H and M's energy and charisma, but I'm having a hard time taking this proposal seriously. If this were a serious proposal, wouldn't it be coming from BP rather than KP?

Unless they fast track Meghan’s citizenship not practical.

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn’t even sound like it’s from the Sussexes from the article. It’s full of the courtiers, David Manning and Simon Case. Umm... fascinating.

And again, Meghan is applying for citizenship.

Unless they fast track Meghan’s citizenship not practical, aside from the unfortunate optics.

I agree, unless this is something that Harry and Meghan have proposed and would like to do, which I could understand. There's still the citizenship issue, but I suppose that could be solved.

Doesn’t the article say this “plan” originated with Sir David Manning and the Queen’s former private secretary Lord Christopher Geidt?

Sir David Manning was part of KP. Lord Geidt has been part of the discussion according to the article, but it’s apparently Simon Case who is pivotal. I’m not sure why is William’s Private Secretary so up in the Sussex business. It’s not even KP business anymore.

Calling the plan the "African scheme" was not an ideal phrasing. Bad optics.

Sir David Manning was part of KP. Lord Geidt has been part of the discussion according to the article, but it’s apparently Simon Case who is pivotal. I’m not sure why is William’s Private Secretary so up in the Sussex business. It’s not even KP business anymore.

Especially as Case hasn’t even had that job for even a year.

Moving two people out who have become a 'problem', sucking up too much RF oxygen in the media?

I am sorry but this story seems to be one of those dreamed up by the people who wish to have Harry and Meghan disappear into the wood work. Royal Nika is not always right, and I love when certain royal writers are taken as word.

Yes there have been royals who have gone abroad to live in the past. But that was back in the days when they would serve as governor general. And was to realms where the queen/king was the monarch as well. Like Canada.

They didn't just spend millions refurbishing a house not to use it. And if they were going to move abroad, it would be to one of the queen's realms.

Then there is the whole citizenship issue as well with Meghan.

There is always a small hint of truth. They likely, as most of us have already speculated, will be spending more and more time abroad. Like Edward and Sophie have been before, Harry and Meghan will likely become the British face on the foreign circle. Between the commonwealth trust and the ACU, they already have foreign roles carved out for them.

The idea the 'feud' will drive them to flee the continent is laughable :lol:

If anything, the Sussexes likely officially tour Africa, but moving there don’t seem possible.

The constant narrative of a “rift” between these couples is also fueling the rumors against, Meghan. I’ve always said that some royal watchers feel like there’s not enough room for these two couples in Buckingham Palace. What I find disappointing is that their officials have done little to nothing to stomp out the rumors.

I swear, royal watching has led me to see some of the weirdest things people can consider as a “problem”.

Insiders knew something was needed to keep the couple’s interest. “The problem with these two is that they want to do, rather than to be,” said a source relaying the views of palace officials.

Last edited:
None of this rings true...are you guys really buying into this?

LaRae

None of this rings true...are you guys really buying into this?

LaRae

I'm not. Personally I think if all of the BRF sits down to an Easter feast at Windsor Castle tomorrow, it'd be something they'd be joking about and ribbing each other about.

I don't see William having a problem at all with either Harry or Meghan but as their roles are changing, they'll be going in different directions. One just has to look at all the success that Harry and Meghan have had in under a year to realize that the people that would appreciate it the most and value their worth within the "Firm" would be the other royals that work for the "Firm". Its not a competition at all but a team working together.

That's how I see it anyways. :D

I'm not. Personally I think if all of the BRF sits down to an Easter feast at Windsor Castle tomorrow, it'd be something they'd be joking about and ribbing each other about.

I don't see William having a problem at all with either Harry or Meghan but as their roles are changing, they'll be going in different directions. One just has to look at all the success that Harry and Meghan have had in under a year to realize that the people that would appreciate it the most and value their worth within the "Firm" would be the other royals that work for the "Firm". Its not a competition at all but a team working together.

That's how I see it anyways. :D

None of it makes sense. She's in the middle of becoming a UK citizen...they just did this huge and expensive remodel for a home...fixing to have a baby...it all smacks of the same thing we've seen the media do between the family members for decades...create these rivalries and animosity.

Starting to see comments that the Cambridges won't be at Windsor tomorrow ..and if they aren't you know folks are going to say see...this is why.

I think it is silly town right now.

LaRae

The only thing I'll hesitantly believe is couriers had discussions about Harry & Meghan working abroad. Other than that, one of the article's sources claims members of the royal family think Meghan wants to run for POTUS, which tells me these 'sources' are delusional

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom