Birth of Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor: May 6, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The person thought to be Meghan's doula was. Doesn't matter if previous doctors were or not. And really, why does anyone need to know?

Exactly. They harassed this woman based off a tabloid rumor. They were wise to stay private especially since we know they went to the homes of doctors to ask them if they were part of the birth team. Who does that?!

Well, the doctor who helped deliver Meghan was sought out and harassed, and a bogus article was written about his non comments. The doula, that tabloids decided was going to help Meghan, was harassed. Meghan's good friend Daniel just revealed, that he'd been sent threats. So based on thus all, there's a good possibility the doctors helping Meghan would've been harassed too.

We don't need to know the names of the doctors, either, it's completely irrelevant information..

so why have other royal mothers announced the names of their doctors?

I don’t know. Does it matter? But the other mothers haven’t seen the vitriol Meghan has received over past 2 years. And releasing these names is not a requirement, so why should she. I don’t believe they’ve ever explained why they chose not to release them, I find it hard to believe they would make this choice for no good reason. So let’s give them the benefit of the doubt. Besides, it’s not information everyone is entitled to, even if others before them have released these names, and the public’s curiosity is insatiable so that’s not really a good reason either.

I don’t know. Does it matter? But the other mothers haven’t seen the vitriol Meghan has received over past 2 years. And releasing these names is not a requirement, so why should she. I don’t believe they’ve ever explained why they chose not to release them, I find it hard to believe they would make this choice for no good reason. So let’s give them the benefit of the doubt. Besides, it’s not information everyone is entitled to, even if others before them have released these names, and the public’s curiosity is insatiable so that’s not really a good reason either.

I can't imagine that doctors objected to their names being released, since no royal doctor has before....

I can't imagine that doctors objected to their names being released, since no royal doctor has before....

But the other royals did not the same type of harrasment. As far as I know the only one who came close was Kate.
And besides, we don’t know the reason. The doctors privacy might be, but we don’t know that, since no reason was given. I can’t imagine they’re just trying to be difficult. To me, they must have had a good reason, and yes, even “it’s none of anyones concern" is a good reason to me. Mainly because it’s true.

Really I think the information as to which doctors assisted in Archie's birth isn't significant nor is it important. Even if we had such information it would have been as equally unimportant other than for miscellaneous information and factual detail.

I can think of no consequential reason why such information has not been given other than it falls under the category that the details surrounding Archie's birth would be kept private - and we are very well past that discussion as previously advised.

Except the reporters said it was agreed between both parties. We have no idea if they didn’t want their names released. I’m sure they also didn’t appreciate the press bombarding them at their homes either. Just proving their point of privacy.

Just because others did it one way doesn’t mean it has to continue. Things eventually change just like the Lindo moment was new at one point too.

I don't know. What I do know, is that this piece of information, and the reasons behind it aren't important. None of us or the press need to know the doctors names, or why they weren't released.

All I can say is that if Harry and Meghan thought it was pertinent to have their doctors attending the birth be known, it would be. It wasn't and I imagine if the couple wanted this to remain private, the doctors would have honored it no matter who they were.

This is a couple that seems to be on a path to controlling what is put out there for public consumption and doing it their way by their Instagram site. The media is more than welcome to cover their public roles but when it comes to their private, family life, they're going to have a tight fisted control over the content released. I kind of like it this way. ?

I don’t even know the name of the doctor who delivered my sister’s babies. Why would anyone care about the names of the obstetricians?

Whoever she used it wasn't the royal doctors. Privacy? George's doctor even came out afterwards and made jokes with the press.

Here they are leaving the Lindo Wing. Dr Marcus Setchell is in the centre.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/content...cLiMQfy2dmClwgbjjulYfPTELibA.jpeg?imwidth=450

And? That was them. I am glad they were not harassed like the individuals connected to Meghan. They are lucky. The poor lady mistaken as her doula was not offered the same courtesy. And if that happened to her then I don't really fault their need for privacy. The Cambridges are afforded more pleasantries than the Sussexes these days. It truly is night and day.

Because they felt like it! Good gracious why is his such a big deal? The attempt to make Harry look bad by insinuating he wasn't spending enough time with his baby didn't work so now its time to raise questions about why they don't release the names of their doctors?

Last edited:
I'm not sure what is the purpose or intention of bringing this up for debate again. It's been known since the day of Archie's birth that they will not release that information. I see no reason as to why her doctors' identity should be released. And it's been done in the past is not a reason to do so.

In the days when the media completely disregards doctor-patient confidentiality and starts to stalk medical professionals and offers them money to talk about a patient, it's time to pause and think before things get too far off track. They went as far as tracking down the doctor that delivered Meghan 37 years ago when Archie was born to ask about Meghan's birth. It was declined on the basis of patient confidentiality. But the fact that they would even try is shocking. It crosses a line when people criticize a woman for keeping who she sought medical treatment from private.

Last edited:
There were photos of Grandma Doria walking her dogs today in LA. I wonder if she would have gone home earlier if Archie had been born earlier?

Last edited:
Perhaps those who are just looking for a reason to criticize this family should just admit that now and we could move on.

What is strange to me is that here and elsewhere on the internet, there's a lot of grumbling over the lack of information regarding the doctors that attended to the birth of Archie. There seems to be an insistence of the "right to know" and that it is odd to keep it "secret" and "private".

And.... here we sit on a message board with aliases and do not divulge any personal information about ourselves if we don't want to. Look around at the posters here and see how many you can actually call by their full names let alone know their addresses and phone numbers and their personal medical history. Its the same on any internet site around. We're protected. Shouldn't we extend that same courtesy to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and their family also?

Just thoughts here. Reminds me of a Bob Marley tune that goes "Whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when they come for you…:D

There were photos of Grandma Doria walking her dogs today in LA. I wonder if she would have gone home earlier if Archie had been born earlier?

She was in the UK for 5 weeks. My guess she only really stayed 1 additional week. 2 before and 2 after. Archie was about a week late.

Jessica is there now so I guess now with mom gone all her close friends will be making their way to visit now.

What is strange to me is that here and elsewhere on the internet, there's a lot of grumbling over the lack of information regarding the doctors that attended to the birth of Archie. There seems to be an insistence of the "right to know" and that it is odd to keep it "secret" and "private".

And.... here we sit on a message board with aliases and do not divulge any personal information about ourselves if we don't want to. Look around at the posters here and see how many you can actually call by their full names let alone know their addresses and phone numbers and their personal medical history. Its the same on any internet site around. We're protected. Shouldn't we extend that same courtesy to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and their family also?

Just thoughts here. Reminds me of a Bob Marley tune that goes "Whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when they come for you…:D

So true, comments have been made on this forum towards the royals and other posters that would never have been said if our identities were open.
Brilliant post, I have liked other posts you have submitted but didn't really comment but this is so true.

I hope she’s able to return soon, babies grow and change so rapidly - before we know it Archie will be walking like we saw Louis doing yesterday!
I assume at some point they’ll hire a nanny, though I’m not so sure we’ll hear about it.
I seem to recall that initially there were reports that William and Catherine wouldn’t have a nanny, then William’s former nanny pitched in for awhile before they found nanny Maria.

I hope she’s able to return soon, babies grow and change so rapidly - before we know it Archie will be walking like we saw Louis doing yesterday!
I assume at some point they’ll hire a nanny, though I’m not so sure we’ll hear about it.
I seem to recall that initially there were reports that William and Catherine wouldn’t have a nanny, then William’s former nanny pitched in for awhile before they found nanny Maria.

Rumors were just as odd with George. There was the suggestion Carole was going to move in and be a full time help at one point.

Just before George was born they said they were only hiring a housekeeper. The ad did say it would include some childcare help. And Kate and George did stay with her parents before they moved into their new home.

Nanny Webb started in the fall until Maria was hired. That was the first time anything officially was known, the rest was simply speculation.

I don't expect any big official announcement ahead of decisions. Anyone sensible knows a nanny is necessary and will come eventually.

As for returning soon.....I am sure she will skype and such plenty. Many grandparents don't live close by. She is lucky, they live in the modern world and can get updates more often.

She was in the UK for 5 weeks. My guess she only really stayed 1 additional week. 2 before and 2 after. Archie was about a week late.

Jessica is there now so I guess now with mom gone all her close friends will be making their way to visit now.

Saw photos of Jessica and Ivy preparing to leave. I am sure they were both excited to meet him. Ivy from the photos on Meghan's social media before taken down showed they were very close (well before she was a bridesmaid). Probably so excited Meghan has a baby to visit with Mom.

We are not public personas. (Well, we could be but no one would know.) and The British Royal Family are public personas. They are born to traditional privileges, responsibilities and scutiny. People and whole nations support them, love them, have died for them and so I guess some subjects think it fair that a doctor or person delivering a royal baby should be identified. They are a witness. The doctor's name has been disclosed in the past so people wonder why not now?
It's not necessarily wanting to encroach on privacy but questioning the change. Not long ago royal births had the British Home Secretary witness the birth. Historically there have been people prepared to have their name as witness to a royal birth.
Some might think Harry, as second son of the next King, is close enough to the crown to follow some royal birth protocols. Disclosure is so simple, expected and sensible that I can only reason that there must be a genuine security threat.. which is very sad.

Last edited:
We are not public personas. (Well, we could be but no one would know.) and The British Royal Family are public personas. They are born to traditional privileges, responsibilities and scutiny. People and whole nations support them, love them, have died for them and so I guess some subjects think it fair that a doctor or person delivering a royal baby should be identified. They are a witness. The doctor's name has been disclosed in the past so people wonder why not now?
It's not necessarily wanting to encroach on privacy but questioning the change. Not long ago royal births had the British Home Secretary witness the birth. Historically there have been people prepared to have their name as witness to a royal birth.
Some might think Harry, as second son of the next King, is close enough to the crown to follow some royal birth protocols. Disclosure is so simple, expected and sensible that I can only reason that there must be a genuine security threat.. which is very sad.

That and perhaps an overwhelming need/sense to protect Archie as much as they can, by setting the tone up front with regards to his privacy. They have seen what Meghan goes through and it has already spread to the baby a little bit.

That and perhaps an overwhelming need/sense to protect Archie as much as they can, by setting the tone up front with regards to his privacy. They have seen what Meghan goes through and it has already spread to the baby a little bit.
I find this whole ordeal with the privacy thing quite strange, because to me they're sending conflicting messages.

First, they ask for privacy - which is understandable and admirable and I don't see anything wrong with that - and that would be completely fine. But then they not only publish the photo with HM and DoE, but also another photo for the Mother's Day in the US (and also the wedding anniversary video, that is offtopic, but it fits the trend) while constantly talking about keeping things private.

And yes, I know, the whole idea about strictly controlling the informations and photos and I'm more than fine with it, but to me it doesn't really matter who puts the stuff out there - is it the press or their media office - it's not keeping things private. Because to me, private means not publishing stuff like this (and not only not letting the press publish them first) and not only controlling what is out there for people to see.

So currently I don't really understand what they're trying to do here, because they're communicating two conflicting things.

I find this whole ordeal with the privacy thing quite strange, because to me they're sending conflicting messages.

First, they ask for privacy - which is understandable and admirable and I don't see anything wrong with that - and that would be completely fine. But then they not only publish the photo with HM and DoE, but also another photo for the Mother's Day in the US (and also the wedding anniversary video, that is offtopic, but it fits the trend) while constantly talking about keeping things private.

And yes, I know, the whole idea about strictly controlling the informations and photos and I'm more than fine with it, but to me it doesn't really matter who puts the stuff out there - is it the press or their media office - it's not keeping things private. Because to me, private means not publishing stuff like this (and not only not letting the press publish them first) and not only controlling what is out there for people to see.

So currently I don't really understand what they're trying to do here, because they're communicating two conflicting things.

I don’t find their desire to give Archie privacy strange or conflicting at all. They were run out of their Cotswold home due to the media invading their privacy, Meghan has been hounded by the British media (mostly) since their dating relationship and it became much worse after they announced they were having a baby. They don’t want that for their child….who is not in the direct line of succession and at this point doesn't have a HRH title and isn’t expected to work for the family when he is an adult. Unfortunately as much as they try to protect Archie it has already started with one person comparing him to an animal. Not to mention the media did go after the medical team and identified the delivery physician but quickly deleted the information when it was discovered it violated regulations. Harry and Meghan will do what they can to set the tone that is best for their family.

I believe that Harry and Meghan do understand that they have some obligations as they are both working royals and have tried to provide the media/public with some information, hence the photocall two days after the baby’s birth. I personally liked that way a little better, it wasn’t a zoo and there was an actual back and forth conversation (albeit a brief one).

As for the mother’s day photo… that didn’t break any privacy in my opinion all we saw were feet, nothing to truly identify Archie and really could have been of any baby. They were giving a shout out to their mothers, Meghan and other mothers out there which is a nice thing to do and I expect we’ll get something similar on father’s day.

Last edited:
I don’t find their desire to give Archie privacy strange or conflicting at all. They were run out of their Cotswold home due to the media invading their privacy, Meghan has been hounded by the British media (mostly) since their dating relationship and it became much worse after they announced they were having a baby. They don’t want that for their child….who is not in the direct line of succession and at this point doesn't have a HRH title and isn’t expected to work for the family when he is an adult. Unfortunately as much as they try to protect Archie it has already started with one person comparing him to an animal. Not to mention the media did go after the medical team and identified the delivery physician but quickly deleted the information when it was discovered it violated regulations. Harry and Meghan will do what they can to set the tone that is best for their family.

I believe that Harry and Meghan do understand that they have some obligations as they are both working royals and have tried to provide the media/public with some information, hence the photocall two days after the baby’s birth. I personally liked that way a little better, it wasn’t a zoo and there was an actual back and forth conversation (albeit a brief one).

As for the mother’s day photo… that didn’t break any privacy in my opinion all we saw were feet, nothing to truly identify Archie and really could have been of any baby. They were giving a shout out to their mothers, Meghan and other mothers out there which is a nice thing to do and I expect we’ll get something similar on father’s day.
Likewise, I don't find the expressed desire to keep their family life and their child's life private strange nor conflicting. What I find strange and conflicting that for me, they say one thing and do the other - they say they want privacy and then they release private photos.

We all knew the photocall in some sort of form would be expected and would happen, that's why I did not mention it at all - it was practically a given. As for the preferred version, that subject was already beaten to death here, so I'm just gonna leave that be :flowers:

And yes, all we saw was feet and nothing to identify (though at this point 99% babies are hard to identify on a photo, they look very alike, small, human-looking cute creatures) - but it was a private kind of photo, the kind of photo that we see a lot from our friends and family or popular people and celebrities on social media, not really members of BRF. So, was it a very nice photo and did I smile when I was looking at it? Yes. But was it a private photo? Well, yes.

That's what I mean - I don't understand the desire to keep things private that was expressed and yet sharing private photos in their social media. In my opinion it would be better if they chose one way and stick to it.

There is a difference between private and personal. Meghan has often talked about this during her Tig days. The photo the shared of Archie's feet was personal, but did it share anything private about their life? Not really.

Many royals, at one point or another, have complained about privacy. Yet, they've all, at different times, shared personal photographs.

There is a difference between private and personal. Meghan has often talked about this during her Tig days. The photo the shared of Archie's feet was personal, but did it share anything private about their life? Not really.

Many royals, at one point or another, have complained about privacy. Yet, they've all, at different times, shared personal photographs.
It's just my opinion. You don't have to agree with it :flowers:

I think that's a good point, that private and personal are different things. It's also a tricky thing to navigate, especially when you're a member of the BRF. I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out in the Sussexes case. The Cambridges seem to have navigated that, in the early years, anyway, by having the photos that were released of the children be taken by Catherine. I could easily see the Sussexes doing something similar, exactly as they did of the (extremely adorable) photos of Archie's tootsies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom