The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 02:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
Where can I see Harry's short interview and annoucement? Was it a natural birth? Or she was induced?
Since she went into labor during the night and had the baby at 5:26am, Iíd bet heavily on natural.

Old 05-06-2019, 02:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Since she went into labor during the night and had the baby at 5:26am, Iíd bet heavily on natural.
I agree. Adults usually time things a little more convenient.

Old 05-06-2019, 02:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post

You could be right but not always the case. I had the pessary for induction inserted at 10am and was sent home for 24 hours to see if it would work. Labour began at 7pm that evening and our daughter was born at 11pm. A baby could easily be born after induction in the middle of the night depending on how long the induction took to take effect.
Old 05-06-2019, 02:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfield Bakery View Post
Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex!!

Congratulations to the new Earl of Dumbarton!

I personally think that the child should be a Prince. He is the grandson of the future King, the son of the future Duke of York.
I’m betting the future Duke of York will be George’s second child - if a boy, unless, of course, Andrew has a son in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
I saw that Andrew posted a Congratulations on his Instagram account. Have any of the other senior royals posted?
I believe Andrew is one of Harry’s godfathers, so it makes sense that he’d post. In fact, since he too is based in Windsor, I expect he’ll be an early visitor to Frogmore Cottage.
Old 05-06-2019, 02:50 PM
Serene Highness

Oh my stars! I've been on cloud 9 all day! What an absolutely lovely day it has been for all of us who have followed Harry for soo many years. A lil boy!

I am SOO happy Meghan was able to have the birth she wanted (from all accounts) with the people most special to her near! So happy for a healthy mama and baby.

Harry's joy? Just amazing. I am seeing people who I never see comment on royal news or births really complimenting Harry for his awe and love for his wife. Just a truly special moment to share with us!

This whole thing was PERFECT. Having Harry come out to announce the birth and gender felt personal, but also gave us that royal moment. Meghan can now rest and we get close, intimate and clear shots of the whole family when she is a little more up on her feet.

I was a big fan of the Lindo Wing set up and not happy when we learned we wouldnt get it. But this approach is IMO perfect. Still momentous and royal, but also personal. Hopefully this sets a precedent for future births---no matter the position in the line of succession.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:00 PM
Heir Apparent

According to Telegrath the delivery team sort privacy as well. I can't say I blame them for not wanting their names out there. We saw what happened with the woman they claimed was her doula and was not. Her entire life was searched through. How unfortunate.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:12 PM
Commoner

Congratulations to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle on the birth of their newborn son.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:22 PM
Majesty

Wonderful news! The future duke of Sussex was born today :)

I prefer the set up of the father sharing the news with the world over asking the mom the face the press within hours of giving birth. And we still have the announcement of the name and first pictures to look forward too.

I would expect Harry and Meghan to announce the names on Wednesday - as my guess is that they'd like to share that news personally as well.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:28 PM
Heir Apparent

TBH I am quite glad they didn't announce she was in labour as it would only have meant hours filled with speculation from so called "experts". Much better to only have a few short hours to fill.

All this fuss about where the baby was born seems odd to me as it has to go on the birth certificate which are public records so at most they are buying time. The only reason not to say where the birth was is to allow privacy, which is of course fine but it will have to come out eventually.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Harry is still doing his engagement on Thursday, so it seems likely that their media call is on Wednesday or Friday. I would also guess they reveal the name then. Makes sense.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Exciting news to get on my lunch break. I thought girl so no shock boy

Happy Meghan had a seemingly quick delivery and her and the baby are well.

Love the proud daddy making a statement. His joy can hold me for a few days.

Nice to see the Spencerís included and not just Windsorís and Doria. I like how Harry made sure to introduce Meghan to them early too.

Was hoping Charlotte would get a cousin to play with but I guess Louis has two cousins close in age to play with.

I wonder if they will just announce the name when they present the baby
Old 05-06-2019, 03:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

In the video today Harry said two days ...so I'm guessing Wed we will get the rest of the info (name) and pics!

LaRae
Old 05-06-2019, 03:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Was hoping Charlotte would get a cousin to play with but I guess Louis has two cousins close in age to play with.
Charlotte can still play with her cousins even if they are boys.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:41 PM
Serene Highness

I really liked the brief press call with just Harry, so I could focus on him and his joy, whereas if it had been all three my focus would have been darting from one to the other.
I suspect a lot of us have a soft spot for Harry, I know I do, ever since I saw that forlorn little boy when his mom died, so to me itís very special that he shared his joy over the birth of his first child.
About the horses in the background, in the video which showed Harry walking up he first stopped at a spot w/ a rather drab background and the press asked him to move which he did.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
In the video today Harry said two days ...so I'm guessing Wed we will get the rest of the info (name) and pics!

LaRae
I'm a little delirious at this point, and read that as two boys. I was like WHAT?!?!?!
Old 05-06-2019, 03:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Iím betting the future Duke of York will be Georgeís second child - if a boy, unless, of course, Andrew has a son in the future

I believe Andrew is one of Harryís godfathers, so it makes sense that heíd post. In fact, since he too is based in Windsor, I expect heíll be an early visitor to Frogmore Cottage.
Louis might be a future DOY depending on where everyone is in status when Andrew dies.

I think another reason for Andrew to post is that he's one of his generation to have a personal account.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Charlotte can still play with her cousins even if they are boys.
Exactly. And while the boys are overrepresented among Charles' grandchildren, Anne only has granddaughters and both younger generations seem quite close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
Louis might be a future DOY depending on where everyone is in status when Andrew dies.

I think another reason for Andrew to post is that he's one of his generation to have a personal account.
Yes, and probably depending on whether Louis (and William) developed an attachment to Cambridge and would like to see that dukedom passed on (indirectly).
Old 05-06-2019, 03:46 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Ah, at last! Congratulations to the Sussexes. I can't wait to see the photos and hear his name.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-06-2019, 03:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Congrats to the parenrs, looking forward to the name also very glad all the speculation is now finished
And the crazy conspiracy theories!
Old 05-06-2019, 03:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, I also disagree

Closed Thread