Princes Nikolai, Felix, Henrik & Princess Athena, News Part 2: July 2018 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is interesting as it is equivalent to using her mother's "last name" from a certain point of view of course. I would expect him to go by "Prince Nikolai of Denmark" instead.

Likely doesn't want to be seen as 'using his title'. Though we know he would never be on that cover without it.

Could be seen as a stage name. Like Princess Theodora being Theodora Greece. Sounds better IMO then Nikolai Denmark.

That is interesting as it is equivalent to using her mother's "last name" from a certain point of view of course. I would expect him to go by "Prince Nikolai of Denmark" instead.

Reminds me of Eleonore Habsburg who for a time decided to use her mother's last name, but found out that "Habsburg" is not as interesting (too many of them, no money) as "Eleonore Thyssen" (money, always money).

Do we know whether the Vogue feature a portrait of Nikolai?

If so, it is natural to use his royal title, because he can't run away from his royal status - as long as he is Prince to Denmark.
If he is merely used as a model in another context, then I do not like that he use his royal title.

Him being a prince is clearly his main attraction. Otherwise they wouldn't write it on the cover.

Well, yes, I was more trying to point out that if he used a less obvious name in his modelling career it would seem more "ethical" in a sense rather than using his title for better work opportunities (which doesn't seem fair on other models who'd have to earn the position).

:previous: And I fully agree with that.

Especially since his grandmother is a reigning queen, I don't think he should be using his title to advance his modeling career - as he currently is doing.

Well, yes, I was more trying to point out that if he used a less obvious name in his modelling career it would seem more "ethical" in a sense rather than using his title for better work opportunities (which doesn't seem fair on other models who'd have to earn the position).

But any model lives on their inheritance - no one earned their physical advantages that allow them to become models. So Nicolai ist both: beautiful and having the right ancestors? Other models are the son or daughter of.... As long as NIcolai is not payed to not use his name/title, I personally think its his right to make money from it in such an "innocent" way - he could sell you shares of insurance companies instead!

But any model lives on their inheritance - no one earned their physical advantages that allow them to become models. So Nicolai ist both: beautiful and having the right ancestors? Other models are the son or daughter of.... As long as NIcolai is not payed to not use his name/title, I personally think its his right to make money from it in such an "innocent" way - he could sell you shares of insurance companies instead!

You’ve made a very good point if I may say so myself! I was thinking more along the lines of a model putting in years of work getting a job that a royal starting or famous person starting would get a lot more quickly, though you are right in that one of the main points in modelling is scouting for good looks which is essentially the same thing as what Nikolai is doing with his connections. And I guess, as you have pointed out, there are a lot worse things he could be using his title for.

:previous:

Oh my god, where's the cute little boy we used to know? He's so much looking like a young teenager now! Time goes by too fast..;)

I can't believe Henrik is 10 already! He looks so grown up. I hope he had a lovely birthday.

How nice!
I always had a hint that Athena was going to be Joachim's race car buddy ;)

I'll look forward to that. ?

She's now big enough to sit in the soapbox cars.

This'll be a lovely event! Sweet to hear Athena has taken up her father's hobby - I wonder if she will turn it into a competitive career when she's older.

I'm starting to see more of Alexandra's features of Nikolai here. Interesting that he has modelled for the Chinese branch of the magazine given his mother's Chinese heritage.

Sweet! :lol:

That's a seriously proud little driver.

Afterwards Athena said that "It was fun to drive fast."

I knew I would love those photos! ??

Wonderful to see the family and especially Athena in action and having that much fun!

Billed-Bladet shared a cute interview with Princess Athena during her race day:

That's a seriously sweet video.
Miss Athena has no problems talking to the press.

Initially daddy gave her a couple of advise, like not steering into the concrete barrier at the corner. - (that is admittedly always sound advise when driving ;) )

After the race, or races, there were two lapses, Athena was asked how it was to race. - That was fun, because it was her first time - and she was in the lead after the first lapse.

But what went wrong at the second lapse? It was something someone else did that she had not anticipated.

And she agree with our reporter, whom she must know pretty well by now, that's it's good just to take part.

- And it's nice to see Athena getting along fine with one of her competitors. A daughter of Oscar Siebye?

Thanks, Eya.

A minor correction.
He will not start at Copenhagen Business School on the 26th.
He will learn whether he has been admitted to CBS.
- Presumably that's his first choice.

On the 26th all who have applied for an education at the university, business schools and so on will be informed whether they have been admitted on their first choice - or secondary option, or for some (perhaps) more unfortunate, their third option.

:previous: Thanks Muhler, an interesting choice. I wonder if this is what Nikolai wanted to do instead of military school since the two career paths are very different. Hopefully he'll enjoy business school more.

I have come across these videos on YouTube which portray Prince Nikolai as a modern kind of chap still finding his way in life...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom