Twin Prince and Princess for Frederik & Mary: January 8, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations! That are really nice news!

(And i guessed wrong - i guessed two boys on January 7th.)

Originally Posted by CharlotteAmalia
But 9 months are very close to 40 weeks, aren't they? A month with 31 days has usually 4 weeks and 3 days, so 9 months are 39 weeks and 6 days.

I believe the twins are born end of November or early in December. I also think they always give the date of 42 or 43 weeks of pregnancy in the official statement. Probably to reduce the stress through media to the mother.

When they tell January, then the real date is about the 31th December. So with 36 weeks pregnancy the twins might be born about 3rd December. When i'm right, she is now in her 28. week.

So in the end i was totally wrong.

Obviously they changed their system because they are twins and they usually aren't born in 40. week or even later.

Considering that Isabella was born on 21. April 2007 and pregnancy was announced 26. Oktober 2006; Christian was born 15. October 2005 and pregnancy was announced on 25. April 2005 (source for dates: Kongehuset - Aktuelt - Arkiv ). So there were 25 weeks and 2 days (Isabella) und 24 weeks 5 days (Christian) each between the announcement and the birth.
So I count 25 weeks to the announcement of the twins (06. August 2010).
06. August 2010 plus 25 weeks is 28. January 2011. I think, around 28. January the 40 weeks of pregnancy are over.

But as they are twins, i do not think it will take until 40. week. So my new guess for the birth is 07. January 2011.

But i stay with my name guessing:

Sophie Elizabeth Margrethe Victoria and William Frederik Andre Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to the DRF! It is nice to see that the birth weights were very good for both the prince and princess. It is nice to that there are now two royal-born princesses in Denmark after skipping a generation.

Rascal

Congratulations! Wonderful a prince and a princess. :flowers:

Yay! Congratulations! :D I wish I could have followed the birth but my hubby insisted that we'd go shopping. Bleh.

(Now I just hope we here in Sweden will get to celebrate a birth of prince/princess/both soon as well....)
Boy, ýour hubby is a typical man, huh? :whistling:

YES, I cross my fingers for a pregnancy in the SRF rather sooner than later :flowers::flowers:

And it was nice to hear that Mary's labour had started spontaneously and that it was natural births.
Totally agree :):):)

But i stay with my name guessing:
Sophie Elizabeth Margrethe Victoria and William Frederik Andre Peter

Wow, nice names!!
I'm personally hoping they'll be named Maximillian and Charlotte :D Though anything will be fine as long as it's not overly traditional :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is absolutely the best news a boy and a girl!! Congratulations to the Crown Prince couple. Frederik did not look nervous during the press conference he looks like being almost an old hand at this baby business. Those red pants must be favourites of his.

Congratulations to the family! Excellent weights for the babies; well done Mary.

Can't wait to see what the "push" presents/jewels will be!

Congratulations to the DRF! It is nice to see that the birth weights were very good for both the prince and princess. It is nice to that there are now two royal-born princesses in Denmark after skipping a generation.

Rascal

Yes a span of 60 years between Anne Marie, the latest Danish princess before Isabella was born. Tha'ts quite a long time.
Of course the health of the babies is most important but I think everyone in Denmark was secretly hoping for at least one girl! :flowers:

Yay I knew it was going to be a boy and a girl.. I am so happy for them. Fred is a very proud papa and Henrik is a happy granda, I wonder what the Queen Said aye. I will also like to annouce that I am expecting a child, so it is a happy day for the crown prince couple and my family

Frederick looks very pleased to have his new babies. I thought he look bit tired.

Congratulations!

It's a wonderful news!
As I 've thought she gave birth to twins: a boy and a girl,so in family there will 2 boys and 2 girls,ideally!

This is fantastic news!

2 of each!

Congratulatins to Frederik, Mary, Christian and Isabella.

The Princess and Queen have known for sometime what hte sexs are... Hahah a secret all on there own

Congratulations, this is great news:) Cant wait to see the pics of the twins:)

Congratulations to Prince Frederik, Princess Mary, Christian and Isabella! A boy and a girl!

Well, I'm calling on something: I'm dating the twins' conception back to the night of the famous congratulatory kiss Mary planted on Fred after his speech at Queen Margrethe's gala dinner .... ;)

Those photos are fantastic! Frederik looks so proud and happy - what a joyful occassion! I'm feeling quite broody now...I think I'll feed the cats!

Wonderful news! Congratulations! I had a feeling since I went to bed yesterday but then it took me completely by surprise today when the news announced the birth of the twins. Don't know why. Maybe I wasn't really believing my own feelings.

Nice weights and heights for the twins. I remember my cousins were almost the same 18 years ago (they were 10 days early. I wonder if Marys twins were early or on time). But I'm really surprised about two of each. I had a feeling it would be two boys, even though fraternal twins are more natural the older the mother gets.

Whatever, congratulations again to the Mary, Frederik, Christian, Isabella, the whole royal family and all citizens of Denmark. Finally there have been wonderful news on the news-shows. Nice change from all those catastrophes around the globe.

Finally, its so exciting!!!!I have been waiting with baited breath, and I am thrilled to bits. Congrats to Fred and Mary and the children.

Well, I'm calling on something: I'm dating the twins' conception back to the night of the famous congratulatory kiss Mary planted on Fred after his speech at Queen Margrethe's gala dinner .... ;)

:D You may be right there! :D

yes, i reckon frederik quite appreciated mary's kiss at the queen's party after all
:whistling:;)

That's lovely, I was hoping for a boy and a girl!
Can't wait to learn their names!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom