Crown Prince Frederik's Patronages and Charities: 2003 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,
Is there a place where one might find a comprehensive list of all of Crown Prince Frederik's current patronages? On the official royal website it just says he is patron of "many" national and international organizations. Beyond that I've seen smatterings of listings here and there, but nothing that simply lists them all in one place. Thank you for any assistance you may have!

Hello everyone,
Is there a place where one might find a comprehensive list of all of Crown Prince Frederik's current patronages? On the official royal website it just says he is patron of "many" national and international organizations. Beyond that I've seen smatterings of listings here and there, but nothing that simply lists them all in one place. Thank you for any assistance you may have!

there is one on the DRF website, under Frederik's bio page

H.K.H. Kronprinsen - Kongehuset

Thank you! I am running them through Google Translate to get the idea of what they are. On the English version of the royal website it just says:

The Crown Prince is a patron of a great many national organisations, institutions, and foundations and is an honorary member of various associations and societies.

I wish they would put the complete list in English as well, since some of the Organizations aren't translating quite right via Google Translate.

Thank you, again, for pointing me toward the Danish page! :flowers:

Thank you! I am running them through Google Translate to get the idea of what they are. On the English version of the royal website it just says:

The Crown Prince is a patron of a great many national organisations, institutions, and foundations and is an honorary member of various associations and societies.

I wish they would put the complete list in English as well, since some of the Organizations aren't translating quite right via Google Translate.

Thank you, again, for pointing me toward the Danish page! :flowers:

No problem. Yes i have run into that problem on the English version.
Maybe some Danish members can help you with specific translations?

Im still trying to learn some Danish lol:D

:previous: Good grief! That woman again! :bang:

Does she have to plant herself in every possible picture?

Poor Frederik, if she accidentally sinks her teeth into him, he'll have to life forever...
Or she might accidentally strike him on the head with one of her hooves, trying to do a selfie...

:previous:LoL:ROFLMAO:

Do you know who the bald man is? him and Frederik seem to be sharing a joke

:previous: Alas, but perhaps the hair-challenged gentleman told Frederik a joke about blondes? :D

:previous: Alas, but perhaps the hair-challenged gentleman told Frederik a joke about blondes? :D

LOL. not in the presence of one of the most famous blondes in DK right now? lol

But he looks familiar...i think from the sports gala last year ?

:previous: Good grief! That woman again! :bang:

Does she have to plant herself in every possible picture?

Poor Frederik, if she accidentally sinks her teeth into him, he'll have to life forever...
Or she might accidentally strike him on the head with one of her hooves, trying to do a selfie...

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
"Could I take a a sweet photo with you Fred?" :ROFLMAO:

Thanks, Iceflower. :)

The first picture is great. - Frederik looks happy and delighted...

I think it's safe to expect Frederik to be around when the medals are to be presented at the end of the championships.
Right now DK is leading against Macedonia.

As for who is otherwise playing or even why they are playing, that's something I'll leave to someone else. :p

Frederik was interviewed by TV2 shortly before the handball match began.

Q: In many Danish families it's a tradition to watch the handball matches together. Is it a tradition in your home as well?

Frederik: Definitely! Now we're not together tonight, but we will be from tomorrow and so will we follow the matches.

Q: What about the children, do they have a favorite player?

F: (Laughing) It may be Mikkel Hansen. Christian had the pleasure of having a lunch together with him during the last Olympic Games and it was very exciting and big for him.

Thanks for the nice pics, Polyesco.

Both Frederik and PM Thorning certainly looked like they had a good time at the match. No wonder - it was a feast to be a Dane yesterday and our players played well.
At other times it isn't that fun to be a Dane. Who doesn't remember last year? :hiding: It was embarrassing! And Mary traveled all that way to Spain to be present at that.

Home at us were we watching the match too. Not for my sake, like Muhler I don't understand handball. But husband does!!! And watching everything on TV that including sports.:whistling:

One more picture of Frederik from Sunday night. Can i just add that he looks even more handsome with a pink tie ;)

http://ekladata.com/WtWBRZRpwsAbBAiHaTT6a2BQNwk.jpg

The Crown Prince has agreed to become the patron of the 26th FIDE Congress held in Copenhagen in May.
FIDE ( Federation Internationale pour le Droit Européen ) is an international federation of European law and is intended to provide a forum for dealing with current EU law issues and the interaction between EU and national legislation.

H.K.H. Kronprinsen protektor for FIDE-kongressen 2014 - Kongehuset

Last edited by a moderator:
The Crown Prince has agreed to become the patron of the 26th FIDE Congress held in Copenhagen in May.
FIDE ( Federation Internationale pour le Droit Européen ) is an international federation of European law and is intended to provide a forum for dealing with current EU law issues and the interaction between EU and national legislation.

H.K.H. Kronprinsen protektor for FIDE-kongressen 2014 - Kongehuset

That's in interesting protection! :eek:

It can hardly become more political or controversial for a member of the DRF.
EU is hardly popular among the general population these days.
But this is something the government and the majority in the Parliament are positive towards.
Are they counting on the popularity of Frederik to put a positive spin on something that at best is considered uninteresting by the people?

That's in interesting protection! :eek:

It can hardly become more political or controversial for a member of the DRF.
EU is hardly popular among the general population these days.
But this is something the government and the majority in the Parliament are positive towards.
Are they counting on the popularity of Frederik to put a positive spin on something that at best is considered uninteresting by the people?

Interesting, I did not know. Patronages are accepted in consultation with the government or not?

I did find this on the FIDE website
"The FIDE Congresses hold a strong tradition of prominent patrons. In 1978, when Copenhagen hosted a FIDE Congress for the first time, it was her Majesty Queen Margrethe II of Denmark, who honored the Congress by accepting to become its patron."

Patron – University of Copenhagen

So maybe Frederik is just the patron since the congress is being held in Dk?

:previous: Perhaps.
But EEC anno 1978 and EU anno 2014 are two quite different issues and certainly not less controversial.

The majority in the Parliament is pro-EU and the most dominant party in the current government coalition is very pro-EU. And last but by no means least, our PM had a career in EU before she became chairman of her party back in Denmark and later on became Prime Minister. When the governemt lose the next election (despite the opposition trying to help the government by being as clumsy as possible :whistling: One prominent member spoke out about an issue that is politically absolutely lethal yesterday...:bang:) then I, and I dare say many more, am absolutely convinced she will return home to EU where a nice little post will be waiting for her.
So yes, the DRF being seen endorsing or rather sharing their positive aura on this topic is absolutely something the government likes to see.
So I think it's very safe to say that the government has made sure that the DRF has been asked to be patrons of FIDE and that the government has "recommended" that they accept.

Apart from that FIDE is important!
The latest public figure which is a number of years old, states that 60 % of the legislation passed in the Danish Parliament is directly derived from, or being implemented on behalf of EU. - So the notion of Denmark being an independent country is long gone. We are not even a part of a kind of confederacy anymore. We are a member of a union, with the supreme power being the EU Parliament backed up by the EU Court.
But that is rarely covered by the media, certainly not here in DK. The press believing that's not of particular interest to the public - or more omniously, the public ought not know...

Don't get me wrong, the left side of my brain, the rational side, is in favour of EU, because I believe that the alternative to EU are twenty armoured divisions in Central Europe just standing around waiting for the next war. But I believe we have gone too far, too soon. EU ought to have remained a kind of confederacy, simply because Europe just isn't homogeneous enough yet.
Parts of EU can certainly form a union and with advantageous results, but quite a number of countries still need time to assimillate and get up to standard.
The right side of my brain is very national.

Well, that's of course very much a political issue and I realise that others will disagree. But for example Americans out there are certainly not alone in believing that a central federal government is somewhat detached from parts of the population and in believing that the politicians in the central federal government do not necessarily act in the interest of all. That is also an issue here in Europe.

A long explanation I know, but necessary to understand why Frederik and the DRF may, repeat may, get some heat later on from this.

Last edited:
And finally, partly for my own amusement, BB's coverage of Frederik watching the first match of the European Championships in Handball last Sunday.

That was covered by Ken Richter, and Ken Richter is a reporter in the sense that reports what he sees, learn and hear, nothing more, nothing less. He keeps sugarcoating and speculations to an absolute minimum.
that makes him one of my favorite BB reporters because I can be confident that what he writes is actually what happens.

And this article is a typical Ken Richter. :lol:
Frederik went into the dressing room of the Danish team and offered a few encouraging words.

Frederik sat next to the PM during the match and they both loudly cheered the national team.

Frederik texted a lot during the match. (The caption reads that he perhaps kept Mary updated. I think a more safe bet would be that he texted with Christian, who according to what Frederik told TV2 would also follow the match on TV).

Frederik said afterwards: "They (the Danish team) will do really well. They will go all the way, I expect, because they started out really hard.
Landin (the Danish keeper) is a world-class keeper".

Last edited:
:previous:this is really great. straight to the point.:flowers:
I would like him to elaborate on what Frederik was wearing and to point out that he looked extra handsome in his pinkish tie;):D

:previous: Ken Richter?? :ROFLMAO:

Like most Danish men he couldn't care less. Don't expect Ken Richter to write about dresses or shoes, because that's an unknown universe to him and like most men he can only tell some twelve colors apart, so that's something he does not write about.
He once managed to devote most of an article to a car (admittedly a cool car) - and that in a magazine that is predominantly read by women. :D - Oh, the royal, can't remember if it was Mary or our Marie, got a few words as well. But the main character was the car. :cool:

Frederik is now patron of the Danish Army 400th anniversary 2014
Forside

This evening, Frederik as patron for The Danish Motor Union's 100 years jubilee attends the Speedway Grand Prix in Parken, Copenhagen.

Pictures: (I see Frederiks wears his burgundy pants. Nice!)
http://multimedia.ekstrabladet.dk/archive/01100/No_name_1100757m.jpg
https://twitter.com/SpeedwayGP/status/482953052937543680/photo/1

Actually, when Frederik was given a guided tour there was a little drama going on. During the tour the German Martin Smolinski drove at high speed into the courtyard and was not many centimeters from hitting Frederik and his entourage.

But nothing happened and Frederik took it with a smile and exalted serenity.

Last edited:
I like the burgundy pants, too. But what burgundy has got to do with a boring navy jacket and an even more boring oatmeal tie is beyond me.

I can't see the video. I get a message that it is not available in my country! Interesting...I can't remember BT blocking videos before!

i cant see the video either...maybe because im on my mobile...but thank you nothing happened!!

and frederik looks really good!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom