The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-17-2020, 12:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Such lovely news and congrats to the couple! I think they made the right choice to have an intimate wedding right now while HM and HRH DoE can still be involved. Its also quite smart since now with the arrest and ensuing trial of G. Maxwell the DoY will certainly continue to be in the limelight for the wrong reasons. Now is really is the best time for this to have gotten married. Cant wait for the photos!

Old 07-17-2020, 12:38 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
It is surprising and disappointing to see a media organization as respected as the BBC spreading the disinformation that Edo Mapelli Mozzi is "Italian". As has been reported and discussed, he is British-born and raised, has lived in the United Kingdom for his entire life, carries only British citizenship, and is chiefly of British descent. While he has visited Italy, his sole link to Italy is his patrilineal ancestry.

Characterizing Mr. Mapelli Mozzi as "Italian" is equivalent to characterizing the Duke of York as "Greek". (Edited to change the comparison.)

I have only just discovered that Edoís father is a British Olympian.

Old 07-17-2020, 12:41 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Looks like BP has now confirmed that it happened at 11 am today. I’m a bit surprised, but nevertheless pleased for Beatrice and Edo. I am curious who attended - all the Yorks I’m sure plus Edo’s mom, his son & possibly his siblings? Not sure what the currant rules are for UK weddings.
30 people for the ceremony, including the vicar/registrar also long as the church can ensure social distancing and other rules, which BP has said they did. Enough for all close family who were available and well.

Quote:
with all the trouble surrounding DoY this thing today was the best solution and being "leaked" takes away further compilcations of how to announce it while so many people are upset.
we will see if we'll see or read much (officially) of the wedding, I doubt it.
Well it seems they would have preferred it didn't leak today, so as not to overshadow the knighting of Sir Tom Moore. They're releasing photos tomorrow and apart from a few quotes about how happy everyone is, that's probably the last we'll officially hear of it.

But even if COVID and Andrew's increasingly messy scandal hadn't intervened I don't think we'd have had too much more. Apart from guests leaking the party on social media like they did before. They didn't have an engagement interview the same way Eugenie and Jack did.
Old 07-17-2020, 01:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yay good for them! I hope they had a lovely day and the wedding they wanted, even though it wasn't the wedding they were planning.
Old 07-17-2020, 01:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
I agree with Tatiana Marie. Edoardo's paternal grandparents left Italy before his father was even born, just as Prince Philip left Greece before Andrew was born.

Edoardo's father Alessandro was born in Argentina and attended a Catholic boarding school in England. His mother and maternal grandmother even moved to England to be near him. He did not grow up at the family seat in Italy. Alessandro became a naturalized British citizen and represented Britain at the Olympics. He also married his first and second wives in England.
Thanks! I thought I remembered reading that and indeed, that was what was reported in the media.

I have changed my comparison back to characterizing Princess Beatrice as "Greek".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
Thanks! I was not aware that Wolfie and his mother were based in England as well.
After double-checking, her office is indeed in London (where Edo and Beatrice also live).
Old 07-17-2020, 01:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Thanks! I thought I remembered reading that and indeed, that was what was reported in the media.

I have changed my comparison back to characterizing Princess Beatrice as "Greek".

After double-checking, her office is indeed in London (where Edo and Beatrice also live).

Your comparison is apt.

Edo's paternal grandfather was an Italian count but Edo isn't.

Beatrice's paternal grandfather was a member of the Greek royal family but Beatrice isn't.
Old 07-17-2020, 01:47 PM
Aristocracy

Delighted for Beatrice. She will not regret having a much smaller wedding but with her grandparents present.

And on the humorous side - I'm sure the DoE didn't mind having to physically distance from Sarah
Old 07-17-2020, 01:52 PM
Royal Highness

Was her flower bouquet placed on the tomb of the unknown solider - I would have thought that would have been the most subtle way to announced the wedding had taken place.
Old 07-17-2020, 01:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
Was her flower bouquet placed on the tomb of the unknown solider - I would have thought that would have been the most subtle way to announced the wedding had taken place.
I know Westminster Abbey has a tomb, for WA royal weddings. But is there a tomb in Windsor Park as well?
Old 07-17-2020, 02:16 PM
Nobility

Oh dear God thanks to all for this special blessing [...]
Old 07-17-2020, 02:17 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Wedding of Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi: July 17, 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post

A detail such as this hasnít been announced to the public.

WEDDING DETAIL UPDATE;

Wedding flowers, a picture released by the florist of Beatricesí Bouquet; https://twitter.com/majestymagazine/...233059841?s=21
Old 07-17-2020, 02:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I know Westminster Abbey has a tomb, for WA royal weddings. But is there a tomb in Windsor Park as well?
No. But Meghan and Eugenie's bouquets were taken from Windsor after their wedding and laid at WA after on the tomb.

Happy to have some good news to tune into on my morning coffee break.

So happy the couple found a way to have a ceremony with their immediate families. Glad that Beatrice was able to have her grandfather there for her. The queen likely will be around for a few years but Philip's health isn't great.

I do hope they get a reception with their friends, either in the UK or abroad, down the road when it is possible. They deserve the celebration as well.

I love they didn't release photos today in respect to Captain Tom.

I love the flowers. Always enjoy royal flowers that aren't simply white.
Old 07-17-2020, 02:24 PM
Serene Highness

Hurray and well done!!!
Old 07-17-2020, 02:27 PM
Royal Highness

Those are absolutely beautiful flowers.

I'm glad for her it looks like she may have got the works on the flowers and maybe dress as well, despite the private ceremony.
Old 07-17-2020, 02:36 PM
Royal Highness

[...]

I wouldn't be surprised if she had her lunch reception at her father's house, since they were in Windsor
Old 07-17-2020, 02:54 PM
Administrator

Please stay on the topic of thread, which is Beatrice's wedding. If you wish to discuss Prince Andrew, please do so in the relevant thread/s
Old 07-17-2020, 03:07 PM
Commoner

The Queen was knighting Captain Tom Moore today at Windsor too, so nice coincidence if it is true. I hope it is. We need some happy news more than ever these days.
Old 07-17-2020, 03:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

With it being unclear if and when this crisis will end, no longer postponing and have an intimate wedding seems the best solution.
The chapel looks really lovely. I hope the couple enjoyed their ceremony and are happy to start their married life. And I hope they will share a picture.
Old 07-17-2020, 03:14 PM
Serene Highness

Wishing them happiness always
Old 07-17-2020, 03:47 PM
Heir Apparent

As others said earlier I suspect the Sun leaked it so BP reacted to it. I wonder if the plan was to announce either late tonight or early tomorrow that it had happened along with official pictures. I don't think BP would announce it and wait to release pictures otherwise. It was said in a number of places that they weren't releasing pictures as they didn't want to step on the Capt Tom Moore investiture and Camilla's birthday so I more likely believe they hoped they could announce after todays events. The Sun must have been tipped off because although we haven't seen HM and Philip out and about I don't think anyone would jump to "secret wedding for Beatrice" seeing them being driven to the chapel HM attends regularly anyway.

I can understand them choosing this option as it seems increasingly unlikely that large weddings will be able to happen again anytime soon, possibly until spring next year if the UK faces a second wave of Covid-19 over winter months as many predict. Living through these unusual times may also have made them thing they would rather marry sooner than later and they always seemed to have a small service planned with a larger party anyway so they are following that just with a justifiable reason for not having lots of guests. When things are more like normal they can have a big party to celebrate with a wider range of guests anyway.