Prince Rainier & Grace Kelly: 19 April 1956

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I also read that it wasn't just because that some considered the Grimaldis nobility, but also because they were known to be scandal-prone and dysfunctional bunch.

I'll second that and it has not got any better with the present/next generation!

I love this thread! I am in agreement with all, Grace Kelly had the best bridal gown of the 20th century. She was so glamorous and chic in it!

I always thought her dress was cream or ivory until I saw the original colour pics and saw her the white.

The Windsors were not invited and did not attend, indeed no member of the British Royal Famil attended the wedding in Monaco.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why none of the Windsors attended the wedding? After all, we've seen Caroline with Charles then. And Diana went to the funeral of Grace.

Duke/Duchess of Windsor did not attend the wedding

Brilliant news :flowers::flowers:(especially for those of us who have voted on the website) TCM are showing A Wedding in Monaco on November 26th as part of their Grace Kelly season! Check out the link below
TCM

:previous: Excellent portrait! This is going to be my new wallpaper now! Thanks Shy Di!

This picture is really attractive

Graces dress is beautiful. Wow even after many years it never looks too aged or out of place. Would love to see her wedding on DVD , I vote on tcms site
Does anybody know how her veil was attached? Was it sewn onto the little hat or a pinned to her hair perhaps?

The veil was slightly gathered into the back of the headpiece to fall softly over her chignon.
There's a wonderful detailed account of the wedding dress and regalia with many photographs and an unusual appendices containing sketches to show how the dress was assembled from 4 separate parts in " Grace Kelly Icon of Style to Royal Bride" by H Kristina Haugland. I can thoroughly recommend it.

She was the most beautiful bride and
I love to see her praying,like an angel:flowers:

I love to see her praying,like an angel:flowers:

I think Princess Grace was really a very religious person looking a the photo where she is praying very intently. I hope I don't offend but I like jewelry and wish that Princess Grace wore a tiara for her wedding. I can not tell if she did. She is beautifully in that Hollywood wedding dress. But having her looks and figure she would be beautiful in a sack.:);):)

Dear no offence at all,I like jewels too but she did not wear a tiara in her wedding day,I think because the dress had lace, and it would be a bit overelaborate imo.
Btw, as I saw in the Grace kelly exhibition both in Monaco(2007) and in Paris(2008),she was not very fond of jewels,she had few and very simple and small.

She did wear a tiara after her civil marriage, the night before the big wedding

Grace Kelly's Wedding HAIR UPDO

Hello everyone!

My name's Mary and I'm new here at the Royal Forums. I love looking through all the pictures! Well what brought me here is that I am getting married this summer and my dress is also inspired by Grace Kelly's.

The only thing that is driving me crazy right now is the hair. I was wondering if any of you have a really good close up picture of Grace's updo for her wedding? Or if someone has a picture of a very similar one that someone else has done? I would really appreciate it!!

Many Thanks!

Hi Mary, - welcome to the forum & congratulations on your forthcoming wedding. :flowers: It is quite difficult to find a photo that shows what's going on with Grace's hair at the back as it's quite well covered by the wonderful headpiece & veil. However, if you go to the thread on the wedding page 5 & scroll down to Zubiaur's post 100, first pic you can see the side & how the hair is held by the headress. See below
Princess Grace's hair

Incidentally, Zubiaur I have really missed your posts lately..:wave:

I would imagine that Grace had her hair tied at the back to form a simple chignon, quite low maybe just above the nape of her neck. Have a practice run with your hairdresser to see how it looks!

Grace Kelly was the most beautiful royal bride. She really had style.

One could never tire of looking at pictures from that wedding. I bet all the royals who skipped the wedding kicked themselves once they got to know Grace. She really looked magical.

Thanks for posting! I've never seen a color one, I don't think.

Thanks for posting! I've never seen a color one, I don't think.

I went to see the wedding clothes at the Philadelphia Art Museum: Grace's dress, plus a bridesmaid's and flower girl's.
Apparently Grace's mother donated them to the museum, but they are only rarely displayed for fear of damage.

It was mentioned that the bridesmaids were dressed in that particular shade of yellow to create an effect of sunshine in the rather dark interior of the cathedral.

It was a beautiful wedding, and Grace looked exquisite.

Back
Top Bottom