Luis Alfonso de Borbón & María Margarita Vargas Santaella: 6 Nov. 04

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdas1201

Heir Presumptive
City
Houston
Country
United States
The Wedding Of Luis Alfonso De Borbon and Maria Margarita Vargas took place at the Church of San Estanislao de Cracovia in Casa De Campo, Dominican Republic on November 6, 2004.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 736
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 585
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 757
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 747
Last edited:
Reception Place 'quinta Los Chaguaranos' In Casa De Campo, Dominican
Republic Where The Wedding Banquet Of Luis Alfonso De Borbon And Margarita Vargas Will Take Place After Religious Ceremony Saturday Nov 6th.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 625
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,165
Today is their big day! Has anyone seen any pictures yet?

queenanne said:
Today is their big day! Has anyone seen any pictures yet?
Does anyone know if any royals have been invited? Would the Spanish royals be invited? And is there a reason they chose to get married in the Dominican? I thought they lived in Spain, or at least Europe?

Wedding of Luis Alfonso de Borbón and María Margarita Vargas Santaella

http://www.elpais.es/elpaismedia/ultimahora/media/200411/07/gente/20041107elpepuage_3_I_LCO.jpg

first picture of the couple

Luis Alfonso de Borbón Martínez-Bordiú y la venezolana María Margarita Vargas Santaella han contraído este sábado matrimonio en la iglesia de San Estanislao de Cracovia, en los Altos de Chavón, cerca de La Romana, en la República Dominicana. Los novios se dieron el "sí, quiero" ante unos 1.500 invitados, la mayor parte venezolanos, en un pueblo erigido en 1976 a semejanza de la manera de construir mediterránea, frente a un espectacular cañón rasgado por las aguas del río Chavón.

here the earlier image, posted on the Luis-Alfonso thread, of the tent
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=53342

video of the preparations and interview with family members
http://rr.planetatv.com/default.asp#

the couple shopping
http://sevilla.abc.es/sevilla/pg041029/prensa/fotos/200410/29/SEV_GEN_web_20.jpg

article in english: source: www.dr1.com
Royal wedding in La Romana
The Puerto Rican and Venezuelan press are focusing on the Saturday, 6 November royal wedding to take place at the Altos de Chavon chapel in Casa de Campo, La Romana. The ceremony will wed 30-year old Duke of Anjou, Luis Alfonso de Borbon and 21-year-old Venezuelan heiress, Maria Margarita Vargas Santaella. The bride-to-be is the daughter of Victor Jose Vargas, the president of the Banco Occidental de Descuento of Venezuela, and Carmen Leonor Santaella, and her wedding dress is from Spanish designers Vitorio y Lucchino, according to El Universal of Caracas. Televicentro of Puerto Rico says that the popular Spanish performer David Bisbal will sing during the ceremony.
Luis Alfonso gained notoriety in Europe when monarchy supporters in France proclaimed him their heir to the French throne in the hope he would reinitiate a royal family in that country. He is the son of the late Duke Cadiz Alfonso de Borbon, cousin to King Juan Carlos, and Carmen Martinez, a granddaughter of Dictator Francisco Franco.
The Listin Diario said that while the grand event has not received much local attention, it may be another 100 years before a wedding such as this takes place in the country again. World-famous figures have been invited, potentially including Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez who will coincidentally be in the Dominican Republic on that date to sign an oil agreement with the Dominican government.
The betrothed couple has plans to take up residence in Venezuela, as reported in the Venezuelan press. It has also been reported that the rights to the ceremony have been sold and that the funds will be donated to a La Romana charity.

Last edited:
karolinabraganza said:
http://www.elpais.es/elpaismedia/ultimahora/media/200411/07/gente/20041107elpepuage_3_I_LCO.jpg

first picture of the couple

Luis Alfonso de Borbón Martínez-Bordiú y la venezolana María Margarita Vargas Santaella han contraído este sábado matrimonio en la iglesia de San Estanislao de Cracovia, en los Altos de Chavón, cerca de La Romana, en la República Dominicana. Los novios se dieron el "sí, quiero" ante unos 1.500 invitados, la mayor parte venezolanos, en un pueblo erigido en 1976 a semejanza de la manera de construir mediterránea, frente a un espectacular cañón rasgado por las aguas del río Chavón.
TO paraphrase the translation it says that Luis Alfonso de Borbon Martinez-Bordiu and the Venezuelen Maria Margarita Santaella were married this Saturday in San Estanislao of Cracovia church in the Domincan Republic. The couples said "I do" in front of 1500 guests the majority venezuelens, in a town established in 1976 with a mediterranean feel located at the foot of a canyon bordered by the waters of the River Chavon.

bodaborbon.jpg
A pic from the wedding.
They will live between venezuela and miami.

20041107elpepuage_3_I_LCO.jpg

two of the "Oficial" pics from the wedding

Last edited by a moderator:
how sweet. i hope they will be very happy together. thx for the pics -very nice

The second official portrait is beautiful!

What an impressive sweeping train on Maria Margarita's dress.

And Louis Alfonso, as always, so handsome!

Is ome more pics from the bride?

who making that wedding dresses!

Sara Boyce

another pic....

Attachments

• 00308653.jpg
    00308653.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 10,670
What an impressive gown Maria Margarita chose! It was very pretty and she looked very lovely in it. I especially liked her 'blusher'...very sheer and elegant. She was a very beautiful bride. And, Louis Alphonse! Handsome as ever and can you say besotted?? He looks like the happiest man alive in all of the photos. Thank you for the photos.

Not a particularly pretty couple, but at least they seem very happy, and what is most important, relaxed together.
p.s. the wedding dress didn´t flatter her slim body much, I am afraid. With all due respect, she looks like a stuffed turtle in it.

My, what a handsome couple they make! Very lovely wedding snaps and I guess it goes to show the Spanish have some of the best-looking faces of all European royals.:)

Luis-Alphonso is not a spanish royal!!! Not a royal in my eyes either, but one can hold different opinions about that. This marriage is favourable for the Orleans family...just look at the vulgarity of it all (the bride looked lovely but the rest...yuck)

Marengo said:
Luis-Alphonso is not a spanish royal!!!

He may not be a spanish royal, but he is spanish as his mother, grand parents and great father the late King Alphonse XIII :p

What a beautiful dress!

lol A very expensive stuffed turtle ! But I think It looks "off the rack" like a last season dress bought from Filene's Basement. LAB's hair looks nice but the "uniform" looks like well, goofy and ill fitting ( reminds me of great grandpa FF) not regal by a mile !
Wittykitty:p

pic taken from hola....

They might not be the best looking couple out there. But, no one can doubt their love for each other, at least looking at this pic they can't.

Attachments

• alfonsoborbon2.jpg
    alfonsoborbon2.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 4,957

Attachments

• 3821198.jpg
    3821198.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 1,653
  • 3821197.jpg
    3821197.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 1,660
  • 3821196.jpg
    3821196.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 1,662
  • 3821195.jpg
    3821195.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 1,642
  • 3821193.jpg
    3821193.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 1,703
  • 3821172.jpg
    3821172.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 1,679
  • 3821171.jpg
    3821171.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 1,676
  • 3821169.jpg
    3821169.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 1,695
  • 3821168.jpg
    3821168.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 1,686
  • 3821165.jpg
    3821165.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 1,681
Last edited:
I love her hair but I don't particularly care for the dress. Something just doesn't look right and I can't figure out what it is.

Back
Top Bottom