Luis Alfonso de Borbon and Family, ('Duke and Duchess of Anjou') 3: 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
242px-Greater_Coat_of_Arms_of_the_Duke_of_Anjou_and_Cadix.svg.png

Arms of Alfonso, Duke of Anjou and Cadiz (1936-1989), father of Luis Alfonso

Welcome to Luis Alfonso de Borbón and Family Thread, Part 3

Commencing January 1st, 2022

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited:
:previous:

Here's another version of their New Year's photo:

** Pic **

I do not know what to think about Luis Alfonso de Borbón demonstratively wearing the Holy Spirit. But okay, each one is entitled to his/her hobby.

Last edited:
I assume that is the button that goes with his order?!

I do not know what to think about Luis Alfonso de Borbón demonstratively wearing the Holy Spirit. But okay, each one is entitled to his/her hobby.

The legitimists recognize him as the Grand Master and Sovereign of the order, but the order is not legally recognized in the French Republic. It is recognized, however, by the private International Commission for Orders of Chivalry, like most orders bestowed by heads of deposed royal houses (many of whom are actually patrons of the ICOC, so no surprise here).

Some information about the order from the English Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_Holy_Spirit

Last edited:
This Picture is taken at the Wedding of Grand Duke Georgi.
The holy Spirit is a high Order , and the Grand Master Don Alphonso is not even a Royal Highness is he French Citizen ??.
For the order of St Maurice and Lazarus , the Prince of Naples is the Grand master and his Son wore the Order (Green Sash ) at Grand Duke Georgy's Wedding.
On the other hand the French Duke of Anjou is Grand Prieur (not Grand Master because he dismised in 2010) of another Order of St lazare and wore his Green Sash at the same Wedding.

This Picture is taken at the Wedding of Grand Duke Georgi.
The holy Spirit is a high Order , and the Grand Master Don Alphonso is not even a Royal Highness is he French Citizen ??.
For the order of St Maurice and Lazarus , the Prince of Naples is the Grand master and his Son wore the Order (Green Sash ) at Grand Duke Georgy's Wedding.
On the other hand the French Duke of Anjou is Grand Prieur (not Grand Master because he dismised in 2010) of another Order of St lazare and wore his Green Sash at the same Wedding.

As the Wikipedia article explains, the order of the Holy Spirit was the highest order awarded by the Kings of France although the order of St Michel is actually about 100 years older. King Louis Philippe never awarded it and did not claim the sovereignty of any of the Bourbon orders, retaining instead the Napoleonic Légion d'honneur during the July monarchy. I guess that made sense at the time since there were still living agnatic descendants of Louis XV whose claim to the sovereignty of the order was stronger. Besides, Louis Philippe wanted to distance himself from the Ancien Régime and the Bourbon restoration under his cousins Louis XVIII and Charles X. He even took the title of King of the French rather than the traditional title of King of France and Navarre claimed today by Don Luis.

In any case. after the Count of Chambord died, there is a debate on whether the dynastic right to the position of head of the Royal House of France, including the sovereignty of the order of the Holy Spirit, passed to the head of the House of Orléans (which I personally believe to be the case), or to the Spanish Bourbons as the most senior agnatic branch of the House of Capet. I was not aware that Jean d'Orléans disputed Don Luis Alfonso's claim to the sovereignty of the order of the Holy Spirit, but both the Wikipedia and, more significantly, the the ICOC register list the Grand Master of the order to be "in dispute", so that is a quite interesting development.

As the Wikipedia article explains, the order of the Holy Spirit was the highest order awarded by the Kings of France although the order of St Michel is actually about 100 years older. King Louis Philippe never awarded it and did not claim the sovereignty of any of the Bourbon orders, retaining instead the Napoleonic Légion d'honneur during the July monarchy. I guess that made sense at the time since there were still living agnatic descendants of Louis XV whose claim to the sovereignty of the order was stronger. Besides, Louis Philippe wanted to distance himself from the Ancien Régime and the Bourbon restoration under his cousins Louis XVIII and Charles X. He even took the title of King of the French rather than the traditional title of King of France and Navarre claimed today by Don Luis.

In any case. after the Count of Chambord died, there is a debate on whether the dynastic right to the position of head of the Royal House of France, including the sovereignty of the order of the Holy Spirit, passed to the head of the House of Orléans (which I personally believe to be the case), or to the Spanish Bourbons as the most senior agnatic branch of the House of Capet. I was not aware that Jean d'Orléans disputed Don Luis Alfonso's claim to the sovereignty of the order of the Holy Spirit, but both the Wikipedia and, more significantly, the the ICOC register list the Grand Master of the order to be "in dispute", so that is a quite interesting development.

For so far I know, no any Orléanist prince has worn the insignia of the Holy Spirit. So probably they dispute that Don Luis Alfonso de Borbón would have a claim on the Order, but they themselves do not wear the Order.

On this picture he only wore Orders bestowed on him by France:
Légion d'honneur militaire
Croix de la Valeur militaire
Croix du combattant
Commemorative medal military campaign in Algeria

That is why I am surprised with "the other chef" pontifically wearing disputed Orders.

The past Count of Paris had a Military Career when he was young.
The actual Comte de Paris may not wear the same Orders.

Prince Louis de Bourbon tested positive for coronavirus:

"I just learned this evening that I am positive for Covid-19, I see myself in the obligation and I am sorry to suspend all my activities until my recovery."

"Louis de Bourbon, Duc d’Anjou
@louisducdanjou
Je viens d’apprendre ce soir que je suis positif à la Covid-19, je me vois dans l’obligation et j’en suis désolé de suspendre toutes mes activités jusqu’à mon rétablissement."

How sad for his Legitimist Courtisans wo are writing all what Luis Alfonso has to say or communicate in French.

Luis Alfonso and his wife appeared in an account at Crédit Suisse with 1.2 million in the name of a company in Panama

"A spokesman for Franco's great-grandson explains that he only had an "authorized signature" on the account and that the money belonged to Margarita Vargas, the daughter of a billionaire Venezuelan banker. He adds that the Swiss account was closed in 2017
That same year, the couple contributed 3.88 million to increase the capital of the Spanish company Borvar. The deeds indicate that the money was deposited in "cash", but his spokesperson maintains that it was through bank "transfers""

https://www.infolibre.es/politica/l...millones-nombre-empresa-panama_1_1219889.html

So, the spokesman is trying to throw LA's wife under the bus?!

Hasn't it long been known that the couple's fortune and business connections were primarily acquired through Margarita's father?

On a side note, it is interesting that the (Spanish) article mentions Luis Alfonso as the "great-grandson of Franco", instead of "the head of the house of Bourbon" as a segment of royal watchers refer to him.

The Duke of Anjou visited a school, the castle of the city and attended a commemoration of the victory of Patay in Compiègne, France, on June 18:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

On June 16 the Duke and Duchess of Anjou with their children attended a charity concert in Madrid:

** hola article **

Last edited:
The Duke of Anjou attended a mass at the Soldiers' Cathedral for the 352nd anniversary of the founding of the Institution des Invalides in Paris today, September 18:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

The Duchess of Anjou attended the opening of the new Yanes jewelry space at El Corte Inglés in Madrid and told Spanish magazine Hola about the health problems she has had: "I had a cervical operation in August, they've put three titanium discs on me and it is being very difficult" (a bandage is visible on her neck, see the photo below):

** Pic ** hola article **

Last edited:
Has anyone heard the news that his mother has lost the Franco title?

You will find the answer in the Thread Spanish Nobility.

Back
Top Bottom