Elisabeta-Karina De Roumanie Medforth-Mills

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not if the proposed legislation is passed in the fall that would give status to the royal house
I really hope this legislation will not pass. How this would help the Romanian society?

There is really no one who could take over the role after Margarita and has at least a similiar position to hers. That's a shame the King had no sons, shame Margarita has no children of her own who could in some way continue her work.
And the tradition and symbols can be carried on by the others, really. The Royal past would not die but real people connected with it would and that's natural to me in a former monarchy.

Let's hope the legislation to strenghten the republic won't pass.

Public support and unity.
Can you say something more? Maybe bring some numbers, poll results, a vivid signs of all that?

Let's hope the legislation to strenghten the republic won't pass.
What legislation you are referring to? Why would you not want a legislation that will give more strength to Romania?

Last edited:
Can you say something more? Maybe bring some numbers, poll results, a vivid signs of all that?

The polls see a support for Monarchy of more than 20% and a very high esteem of the King.
Now the monarchists are organized in a sort of federation called National Convention for Constitutional Monarchy.

The polls see a support for Monarchy of more than 20% and a very high esteem of the King.
Now the monarchists are organized in a sort of federation called National Convention for Constitutional Monarchy.
Mihai is a historically important figure in Romania and would be remembered, that's for sure, but his time is going to an end, he already embodies the past and we are talking here about the future. What will remain of him after he's gone?
20% is not small but still, 80% does not want the monarchy back or, I suppose, most of them doesn't care about this at all, really. That's the most important thing we should remember.

Mihai is a historically important figure in Romania and would be remembered, that's for sure, but his time is going to an end, he already embodies the past and we are talking here about the future. What will remain of him after he's gone?
20% is not small but still, 80% does not want the monarchy back or, I suppose, most of them doesn't care about this at all, really. That's the most important thing we should remember.

There is no republican tradition in the country and a lot of people are not decided. The monarchists have a challenging mission without any doubt.

There is no republican tradition in the country and a lot of people are not decided. The monarchists have a challenging mission without any doubt.
I think they have no chance at all. But, even if they want to try they NEED a person to focus on, someone who will embody the Royal traditions and will claim leadership to the cause. Who that could be, really? I'm tellin' ya, Crown Princess is the last one. And that's a real tragedy for the monarchist cause. All the other possible claimants look really weak and miserable to me.

Last edited:
I think they have no chance at all. But, even if they want to try they NEED a person to focus on, someone who will embody the Royal traditions and will claim leadership to the cause. Who that could be, really? I'm tellin' ya, Crown Princess is the last one.

She is not lately really popular among more and more monarchists. Her nephew Nicolae is certainly the one many monarchist eould like to support while others think at the Hohenzollerns.

She is not lately really popular among more and more monarchists. Her nephew Nicolae is certainly the one many monarchist eould like to support while others think at the Hohenzollerns.
Yes, but this is all a matter of discussion between the group of monarchists and the great majority of Romanians, those who really should care about this if we want to talk seriously about restoration (!!), not only doesn't give a damn about it, they don't know really of whom we are talking about here. Is that this great royal tradition?
More they (the possible claimants, all those interested in monarchist crap) fight with each other more they and their cause will be marginalised.

Yes, but this is all a matter of discussion between the group of monarchists and the great majority of Romanians, those who really should care about this if we want to talk seriously about restoration (!!), not only doesn't give a damn about it, they don't know really of whom we are talking about here. Is that this great royal tradition?
More they (the possible claimants, all those interested in monarchist crap) fight with each other more they and their cause will be marginalised.

It is certainly a very complex situation and what happened in the last year complicated tbings even more.

Hello to everyone,
I,ve been following this thread for a long time and now I feel I should add a thing or two, as I,ve been living in this country since i was born.
The sad thing is that the majority of the people simply DOESN,T CARE, almost none of my colleagues or friends, except the ones who are interested in history and they are very few, have even heard about the Royal Family. They couldn,t even name the King himself...
The situation that the Royal Family faces today reminds me a bit the situation in the years 1925,1926 when king Ferdinand was very ill and he excluded his son from the succession and named Mihai as his successor. When he died in 1927 Mihai followed him on the throne but 3 years later the government called Carol back. Of course, today Romania is a republic and Nicholas was not the direct heir and hopefully doesn,t have Carol II,s character but the point is that if Romania decides to return to constitutional monarchy the government will have a hard word in deciding on who should be the king or queen.
Personally I wish that Nicholas will resume his role within the Royal House, I,ve heard from a fairly credible source that he is already in Bucharest and will take part in the funeral.
As for Karina, i,m sure she,s a lovely young lady and if she wishes to assume a more prominent role in the family and in the lives of Romanians she will do it...

Hello to everyone,
I,ve been following this thread for a long time and now I feel I should add a thing or two, as I,ve been living in this country since i was born.
The sad thing is that the majority of the people simply DOESN,T CARE, almost none of my colleagues or friends, except the ones who are interested in history and they are very few, have even heard about the Royal Family. They couldn,t even name the King himself...
The situation that the Royal Family faces today reminds me a bit the situation in the years 1925,1926 when king Ferdinand was very ill and he excluded his son from the succession and named Mihai as his successor. When he died in 1927 Mihai followed him on the throne but 3 years later the government called Carol back. Of course, today Romania is a republic and Nicholas was not the direct heir and hopefully doesn,t have Carol II,s character but the point is that if Romania decides to return to constitutional monarchy the government will have a hard word in deciding on who should be the king or queen.
Personally I wish that Nicholas will resume his role within the Royal House, I,ve heard from a fairly credible source that he is already in Bucharest and will take part in the funeral.
As for Karina, i,m sure she,s a lovely young lady and if she wishes to assume a more prominent role in the family and in the lives of Romanians she will do it...

She could be a real support for her brother.

Yes, indeed. IMO the fact that she hasn,t appeared at the official events regarding the funeral of her grandmother(until today) alongside her aunts and cousin shows that.

Hello to everyone,

I reported several days ago that Nicholas would be attending the funeral as it was announced by the palace. However, I also heard directly from Nicholas that he was going .. I have known the family for years.

Yes, indeed. IMO the fact that she hasn,t appeared at the official events regarding the funeral of her grandmother(until today) alongside her aunts and cousin shows that.

Wait, Karina was at an event for her grandmother's passing?

Very hard to say why she was nit there.

The polls are not only for monarchists. Everybody that knows the Romanian monarchist reality knows the reality. Different articles and debates at the tv showed in the last month a clear shift among monarchists on this issue.

Maybe we do not even need a thread with this name if Ms Medforth Mills is not envolved in any way in the life of her Family in Romania.

Last edited:
I really hope this legislation will not pass. How this would help the Romanian society?

There is really no one who could take over the role after Margarita and has at least a similiar position to hers. That's a shame the King had no sons, shame Margarita has no children of her own who could in some way continue her work.
And the tradition and symbols can be carried on by the others, really. The Royal past would not die but real people connected with it would and that's natural to me in a former monarchy.

Mr Medforth Mills could represent his Family very well and maybe he would be less inclined to make compromises with the republican regime.

Maybe we do not even need a thread with this name if Ms Medforth Mills is not envolved in any way in the life of her Family in Romania.

If there is no need in your eyes for this thread at all, maybe it does not need to be filled with non-topical spam and left for actual updates on Elisabeta-Karina de Roumanie Medforth-Mills or at the very least, relevant entries.

Now is an appropriate moment to ask you all to return the discussion to the topic of the thread, which is about Elisabeta-Karina De Roumanie Medforth-Mills.

Nicholas has been officially sidelined from the family. He also is not in contact with his mother or sister, sadly

Good heavens. When even Princess Elena and Karina Medforth Mills have no longer contact with their very own son resp. brother, the mystery only becomes bigger...

In the meantime Prince Jean and Princess Philomena d'Orléans invited him for the baptism of their youngest son. So while the former King, aunt Margarita, mother Elena and sister Karina have no contact anymore, the Orléans relatives still do... Unbelievable what is happening in the Romanian royal family. Now I understand why we never heard any reaction from Nicholas' sister Karina or her mother on the removal of Nicholas.

Maybe Karina will grow into a more public role in the advance of years, encouraged by aunt Margareta and mother Elena. We will see.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom