Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 7: May 2014 - Sept. 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: I don't understand swedish, so sorry if I' ll ask you this, but is the black and white photo from the today meeting too? Or is it older? I would look at the calendar in english, but it has not been updated and translated yet.

:previous: I don't understand swedish, so sorry if I' ll ask you this, but is the black and white photo from the today meeting too? Or is it older? I would look at the calendar in english, but it has not been updated and translated yet.
From what I can tell, both pictures are from the same occation.

Victoria, Daniel and Carl Philip visited this afternoon the Centre of the Business History. First this visit was only at Daniel's calendar, then Carl Philip was added to attend a couple of weeks ago and this morning the court updated that Victoria would attend too.
Archivist Gustav Svensson takes the opportunity to show a little royal design. In the late 1960s wanted marabousverige renew its brand. Old company logo, as well as the mascot Maraboustorken, was changed to a new, pure logo created by the English advertising AID in cooperation with Sigvard Bernadotte.
Photo from Centre's Facebook.
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=222b02a4dcd21082ba5dd9dca768d5f9&oe=571EB4D4

Last edited:
Yesterday, on the calendar, it was shceduled a service for chrismas if I am not mistaken, and all the members of the royal family (aside from Chris) were listed. Does anybody know what happened? The site also seems pretty slow to charge photo of today's engagements.

Yesterday, on the calendar, it was shceduled a service for chrismas if I am not mistaken, and all the members of the royal family (aside from Chris) were listed. Does anybody know what happened? The site also seems pretty slow to charge photo of today's engagements.

The court never publishes photos from this Christmas Church Service, it is seen as private. So photos from that would be a big surprise. The royal family and the staff of the court attended to that. Hopefully the court updates today's events to their website tomorrow.

The court never publishes photos from this Christmas Church Service, it is seen as private. So photos from that would be a big surprise. The royal family and the staff of the court attended to that. Hopefully the court updates today's events to their website tomorrow.

Thank you. I'm waiting for today's pics too ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, thank you Ladyfinn!:flowers: I wonder if svt will broadcast the event online. I think not though

Wow, thank you Ladyfinn!:flowers: I wonder if svt will broadcast the event online. I think not though

No, the gathering is not broadcasted live, it wasn't broadcasted last year either. But hopefully the Academy puts a short video to Youtube later, like they did last year.

Last edited:
No, the gathering is not broadcasted live, it wasn't broadcasted last year either. But hopefully the Academy puts a short video to Youtube later, like they did last year.

Are there any problems goin on right now regarding the security? Can't speak swedish, but I thought I caught some works on the live feed speaking about the SAPO and terrorism...

Are there any problems goin on right now regarding the security? Can't speak swedish, but I thought I caught some works on the live feed speaking about the SAPO and terrorism...

Yes, the reporter said that the white Mercedes was a problem, the street should have been empty because of the security reasons. There were police and SÄPO at the place of course. But the car was there and the family arrived. Margareta Thorgren said to Lindwall that the royal family would arrive at about 16.45 and they arrived at 16.57.

Last edited:
Yes, the reporter said that the white Mercedes was a problem, the street should have been empty because of the security reasons. There were police and SÄPO at the place of course. But the car was there and the family arrived. Margareta Thorgren said to Lindwall that the royal family would arrive at about 17.45 and they arrived at 17.57.

I missed the arrival: I was only able to see the king and queen arriving. Now they are re-running the feed... hopefully I will be able to see the arrival of the whole family!

I missed the arrival: I was only able to see the king and queen arriving. Now they are re-running the feed... hopefully I will be able to see the arrival of the whole family!

The king and queen arrived first, then Victoria and Daniel, and obviously Carl Philip, Sofia, Madeleine and Chris came together at one car. Expressen's video wasn't very good quality.
Photo from Börshuset just before the royal family arrived.
https://www.instagram.com/p/_hPn7vHHLv/?taken-by=de_aderton

Last edited:
Am I right and does Princess Sofia wear a dress that one of her sisters-in-law have worn in the past time?

yes Madeleine last year,

No, it is very similar but not the same: this one has long transparent sleaves, Madeleine's didn't.

But...

where is the portrait of the king on Sofia? Can't see it in pinned on her dress nor on the fur jacket...

No, it is very similar but not the same: this one has long transparent sleaves, Madeleine's didn't.

But...

where is the portrait of the king on Sofia? Can't see it in pinned on her dress nor on the fur jacket...

If she is the same, Madeleine with the light of the flashes was also transparent,

Am I right and does Princess Sofia wear a dress that one of her sisters-in-law have worn in the past time?

yes Madeleine last year,

But...

If she is the same, Madeleine with the light of the flashes was also transparent,

I think they're different because Madeleine's seemed to have a design under the bust, while I'm not seeing the same design on Sofia's.

Madeleine's dress didn't have long sleaves.Plus, it's different on the bust area...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/00/80/7a/00807a484347715d99be05ea7edea3fa.jpg

Sofia's dress has them on...

http://i.imgur.com/3WZkgO9.png?1

Sofia's dress reminds that dress of Madeleine, and the sleeves come to mind from this Alberta Ferretti dress Madeleine had at her engagement photos
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Galleries
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk

Video of the royal family arriving
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U29yM7T88A

From the court website
Kungafamiljen vid Svenska Akademiens högtidssammankomst* - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Good gallery
Attendance at the formal gathering of the Swedish Academy, Stockholm 20-12-2015 - Images _ Bernard Rübsamen

The Swedish Academy Royal Prize
The Swedish Academy has decided to assign Sven-Bertil Taube The Royal Prize for 2015. The prize was established in 1835 by King Karl XIV Johan, and the prize money is allocated still by the king. The Prize is awarded now for meritorious service in one of the Academy's interests. The Prize amount is SEK 60 000.
Svenska Akademiens kungliga pris _ Svenska Akademien
Translation

https://www.instagram.com/p/_h9JFeGcYR/?taken-by=fotografkarintornblom
https://www.instagram.com/p/_h8BpEGcVw/?taken-by=fotografkarintornblom
https://www.instagram.com/p/_h8RqCGcWP/?taken-by=fotografkarintornblom
https://www.instagram.com/p/_h8t8pGcXT/?taken-by=fotografkarintornblom

The king and Victoria took part at the meeting of the Advisory Council on Foreign Affairs at the Royal Palace this morning. The Advisory Council is a consultative organ between the parliament and the government, the King is the Chairman.
Utrikesnämnd på Kungliga slottet - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

The court has finally put to their website an article and photos of Victoria, Daniel and Carl Philip visiting the Centre for Business History on Thursday. They received a presentation of the Swedish business history; about periods, entrepreneurship, entrepreneurs and innovators, as well as current research projects by CEO Alexander Husebye and Associate Professor Anders Houltz.
After that they got a display of the collections of the Centre for Business History has, among other Selma Lagerlöf's original texts of Nils Holgersson. Archivist Jenny Stendahl, archivist Gustav Svensson and business consultant Eva Waltersson Åbom told about the collections.
Kronprinsessparet och Prins Carl Philip besökte Centrum för Näringslivshistoria - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

And here are good photos of the visit from the website of the Centre for Business History, they updated their website today too.
Kungligt samtal om företagshistoria - Centrum för Näringslivshistoria

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: The only thing missing is the family order. Her sash, star, etc are perfectly all right.

I obviously missed something. Can anyone tell me what was in the small blue boxes they were carrying?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom