The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 03:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledo
From what I have read so far in the Sweden thread seems that Daniel's main problem centers on, or around, one particular detail: the behind closed doors rejection from Victoria's father (or maybe both parents?) for the Crown Princess of Sweden to be dating a commoner, and not just any commoner but him in particular. Daniel, regardless of what he does, seems to be the person holding the short end of the stick in this difficult relationship that seems to be caught in a loop. Not only she is the first person that will inherit the Crown under the new laws of absolute primogeniture (the oldest child regardless of gender inherits) but she is also a female Heir, so the expectations toward whom she can marry seems to have more weight than the ones her very own father encountered when he married Sylvia.

In summary, is not easy being Daniel Westling, Mr Crown Princess Victoria Bernadotte.
I think you got it absolutely right, Toledo. I don't know whether the King opposes the possible marriage but the expectations of the duture husband of the future Queen are very high, and some people might think that Daniel is not up to them
For me, whatever makes Victoria happy is ok.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 08-02-2006, 06:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Time to close...

This thread has come to its 10 pages now, so it’s time to start up a new one. A big thanks to everyone who has participated in this one, I hope to see you all over in the next one!

The new thread, Crown Princess Victoria & Daniel Westling - Current Events Part 4 can be found here.

Tags
cars, crown princess victoria, current events, daniel westling, interviews, newspapers, relationships