King Abdullah and Queen Rania Current Events 1: September 2003-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandria

Heir Apparent
Country
Canada
Post all the latest news and pictures of King Abdullah and Queen Rania and their family here.

Last edited by a moderator:
WASHINGTON - SEPTEMBER 17: Queen Rania (L) of Jordan looks at U.S. Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-NY) to speaks during a news conference to introduce the Calling for 2-1-1 Act of 2003 on Capitol Hill September 17, 2003 in Washington, DC. 2-1-1 is a telephone number that connects callers with important community services and volunteer opportunities, such as unemployment assistance or emergency planning information. (Photo by Alex Wong/Getty Images)

I WONDER WHAT THEY'RE SAYING TO EACH OTHER!!! I'M SURE IT'S REALLY INTERESTING!!!!

Attachments

• getty1.jpg
    getty1.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 826
  • getty2.jpg
    getty2.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 660
  • getty3.jpg
    getty3.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 775
Queen Rania is by far the most beautiful queens to ever take the throne in Jordan. I personally admire her, she's really trying to do a lot of good for Jordan, just as HRM King Abdullah II, whom I also admire. Their strives for Peace and Justice, and not to mention womens rights (which is FANTASTIC) in Jordan.

Honestly, I'm a young Jordanian American, and I've never been more proud. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they get Jordan back on its feet, which I know they will.

queen rania have studied in Kuwait and eygpt and her arabic is very good , and u can see that in her arabic speeches,king abdullah is the one with the poor arabic because of his british mother and because he studied in britain and the usa all of his life.

Tuestay- KARAK — It was a disturbing sight for visitors who made their way into Um Bader's shabby tent, barren of the most basic comforts and swarming with flies.

Without a stable source of income, Um Bader is never sure of being able to feed her five children. But like many hapless families in the impoverished village of Ghweibeh, Um Bader found a compassionate hand yesterday with the visit by Her Majesty Queen Rania.

“The situation is unbearable. My husband is unemployed and we can't afford to make ends meet. Food is hard to come by and we're barely scraping through during Ramadan,” the distraught Um Bader told Queen Rania.

“Sometimes I can't even find milk for my five-month old baby Mohammad,” she said, pointing to the child who lay covered in a ragged blanket drinking milk from a soda bottle and surrounded by flies.

Queen Rania listened attentively to Um Bader's troubles yesterday, and asked the officials accompanying her to swiftly address the immediate needs of Ghweibeh's impoverished community.

Her visit to the Jordan Valley yesterday comes in line with a series of field visits the Queen started throughout the Kingdom's governorates during the Holy Month of Ramadan, complemented by a simultaneous drive of distribution of iftar meals, as well as in-kind assistance to needy families.

Her visit on Tuesday also aimed to follow up on the provision of such services and making certain that they had indeed reached citizens.

In this small rural community, poverty affects most of its 1,500 residents.

Queen Rania had visited the destitute village in December 2000, when she stopped in on Ghweibeh Elementary School — the only one in the locality.

Back then, the school, which counted around 28 students, had no windows or doors. The school was later moved to the nearby health centre, not in use at the time.

Yesterday, Queen Rania returned to the school, where now 100 students are enrolled, and toured the classrooms and inspected facilities. She talked with both students and teachers who also had their share of complaints.

For most teachers, who live in different parts of the Jordan Valley, transportation to and from work poses a constant problem, according to the school's headmaster Adnan Thleimat.

In addition, he said, many of the students are unable to secure the annual school fees of JD3.25.

“Some of the poorest students are exempted from paying the fees, while others are able to pay through charity provided to them by goodwill,” said Thleimat.

Acknowledging the headmaster's concerns, the Queen stressed the importance of providing students with an environment conducive to learning.

She also asked officials to provide new computers to replace the four old machines in the facility.

During her tour, Queen Rania also checked progress on construction of a new three-storey boys' school in the community.

She also visited the newly built mosque whose construction she had funded and joined citizens in prayer.

The Queen later met with community residents and instructed the concerned authorities to facilitate their use of fallow land for cultivation to improve farmers' living conditions.

The late King Hussein had granted the rural community, mostly from the Azazmeh tribe, 30,000 dunums of agricultural land to assist in their socio-economic development and an additional 2,100 dunums on which to build new homes.

The Queen asked that new housing units be provided to needy families in coordination with the Ministry of Planning.

While land is available, inhabitants of this community told the Queen their hardships were far from over as both drinking and irrigation water was scarce.

Residents told the Queen they had to travel to neighbouring villages, the closest of them at least 12 kilometres away, to obtain water.

Her visit included a stop at the village's health centre where she inspected services provided to the citizens and instructed that a full-time medical team be present at the facility to ensure that every patient receives prompt medical attention.

According to Awwad Khleifat, a non-resident doctor at the health centre, the number of patients does not exceed 10 a week.

“For a start, we have a shortage of staff. I receive around five patients twice a week but that doesn't reflect the number of people who need health services,” said Khleifat.

The doctor pointed out that poor residents could not afford medical treatment at the health centre and hence resort to other centres where services are free.

The visit to Ghweibeh is part of continuous efforts which Queen Rania has embarked on through a comprehensive approach reaching out to citizens and addressing their every need through inspection field visits that aim to improve living conditions of all Jordanians.

During recent visits, Queen Rania checked on educational and medical facilities in Sweimeh and Wadi Al Rayyan in the Jordan Valley, Bani Kinanah district in Irbid, Juweideh and Khreibet Al Souq on the outskirts of Amman, as well as Zarqa.

Pictures of the visit:
GHWEIBEH, JORDAN - NOVEMBER 5: In this handout photo provided by the Jordan Royal Palace, Jordan's Queen Rania greets citizens praying at a newly built mosque November 5, 2003 in the Jordan Valley town of Ghweibeh. Queen Rania visited the town of Ghweibeh to assist in distributing 'iftar,' the Ramadan dinner meal, to those in need. (Photo by Naser Ayoub/Jordan Royal Palace via Getty Images)

Attachments

• r4077801960.jpg
    r4077801960.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 333
  • 2700852.jpg
    2700852.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 300
  • 2700854.jpg
    2700854.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 372
  • Nov03Gweihbeh0004.jpg
    Nov03Gweihbeh0004.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 703
Thanks for posting. I wonder if Jordan is using some of the billions in US aid it gets for this type of development, or is it all military aid?

From Petra:
King, Queen Depart for the UK

Amman, Nov. 6 (Petra)--Their Majesties King Abdullah II and Queen
Rania Al Abdullah, left Amman for the United Kingdom on a three-day
private visit.
His Royal Highness Prince Faisal Ben Al Hussein was sworn in as
Regent during His Majesty's absence abroad.

an interesting little piece of news i got from Yahoo.

Jordan's Queen Rania handed over more than half-a-million dollars in aid to the International Medical Corps (IMC) to help treat Iraqi children suffering from cancer, her office said in a statement.(AFP/File/Leila Gorchev)

Polfoto 17-11-2003 - Amman-Jordan, November 17, 2003. Queen Rania of Jordan inaugurates Microsoft Electronic Library at the Haya Cultural Center in Marka. The Library, equiped with 19 computers and access to the internet, is expected to receive up to 30,000 Jordanians in the next two years. It is part of Microsoft marketing and partnership strategy in the Middle East.

Attachments

• 201.jpg
    201.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 433
  • 202.jpg
    202.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 243
  • 202a.jpg
    202a.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 273
  • 203.jpg
    203.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 235
  • 203a.jpg
    203a.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 271
  • 204.jpg
    204.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 230
  • 205.jpg
    205.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 265
1. Polfoto 18-11-2003 - MOSCOW, RUSSIA. NOVEMBER 18. King Abdullah II of Jordan (background C) arrives at Moscow's Vnukovo-2 airport on Tuesday. He visits Russia to discuss the Mideast situation and bilateral contacts.

2. Polfoto 19-11-2003 - MOSCOW, RUSSIA - President of Russia Vladimir Putin and King of Jordan Abdallah II during their meeting today. The King of Jordan is on a two-day working visit in Moscow.

3. Polfoto 19-11-2003 - MOSCOW, RUSSIA - President of Russia Vladimir Putin and King of Jordan Abdallah II during their meeting today. The King of Jordan is on a two-day working visit in Moscow.

4-7.www.ibl.se - 11/19/2003. King Abdullah II of Jordan meets Russian president Vladimir Putin in Moscow's Kremlin.

Attachments

• 271.jpg
    271.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 314
  • 276.jpg
    276.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 224
  • 276a.jpg
    276a.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 252
  • 280.jpg
    280.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 638
  • 280a.jpg
    280a.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 733
  • 280c.jpg
    280c.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 622
  • 280b.jpg
    280b.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 697
www.hellomagazine.com

Queen Rania Champions Children's Causes in Jordan

25 NOVEMBER 2003
Queen Rania of Jordan has been busy this week, making the royal rounds in Jordan as she champions a number of children's causes.

The queen and her husband King Abdullah II made a surprise visit to an Amman orphanage this weekend, greeting youngsters and discussing possible improvements to the centre with staff. And on Monday, Queen Rania toured the Dar Al Aman child safety centre's new headquarters.

The royal engagements came just a few days after Rania, accompanied by two dozen children, stopped by the Central Bank of Jordan to launch the Al-Aman Orphans Trust Fund Project, an initiative that aims at securing a better future for orphans in social institutions.

Earlier this month, Queen Rania handed over more than $500,000 – including $250,000 worth of medical supplies – to the humanitarian organisation International Medical Corps. The money, which was raised at a gala dinner by the STARS Foundation, will go towards helping treat Iraqi children suffering from cancer.

www.hellomagazine.com

Attachments

• rania_dop1a.jpg
    rania_dop1a.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 266
  • rania_dop2a.jpg
    rania_dop2a.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 328
  • rania_dop3a.jpg
    rania_dop3a.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 666
In this pics she don't have very formal clothes neder very unfulmel is the midle.......... :lol: :lol:

Attachments

• micas1.jpg
    micas1.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 290
  • micas1.jpg
    micas1.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 256
Queen Rania is larger than her husband the King. :shock:
But how large is King Abdullah exactly? ....Maybe large is not the right word... :unsure:

Queen Rania of Jordan listens to the speech of ICRC President Jakob Kellenberger during the opening of the exhibition 'Women and War' at the 28th International Conference of the Red Cross and the Red Crescent at the International Conference Center in Geneve, December 3, 2003. Yahoo.

r4237809385.jpg

Jordan's Queen Rania handed over more than half-a-million dollars in aid to the International Medical Corps (IMC) to help treat Iraqi children suffering from cancer, her office said in a statement.(AFP) November 12, 2003

capt.sge.eaa18.121103183522.photo00.default-259x389.jpg

From the Glittering Royals Message board, Queen Rania in Geneva.

Attachments

• JR_rania_505.jpg
    JR_rania_505.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 252
  • JR_rania_505a.jpg
    JR_rania_505a.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 257
Polfoto 08-12-2003 New York City's Mayor Michael Bloomberg and King Abdullah of Jordan (right) pause during their Dec. 8, 2003 tour of 1 Police Plaza at the memorial to fallen NYC Police officers.

Attachments

• JR_abdullah_503a.jpg
    JR_abdullah_503a.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 280
  • JR_abdullah_503.jpg
    JR_abdullah_503.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 404
Queen Rania. Dec 9, 2003

another

Attachments

• a221.jpg
    a221.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 307
  • a422.jpg
    a422.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 685
Last edited:
wow, yeah, her stomach does look a little poochy, but it could also just be how she's sitting.

it has to do more with her shirt...its stretchy so it fits really tightly...

i wonder how the people (especially the "village people") feel about her when she shows up in that sort of clothing considering all the other people are dressed pretty modestly...

you know, while there is not any specific injunction in the Quran calling for headcovering, there is a commandment of modesty...i wish she toned it down a bit...but to each his/her own...

She is by far my favorite royal. She is beautiful, elegant and stylish. She and KA seem so in love and I love the fact the he respects her and seems to treat her like an equal. I think she is a shining example of a modern arab woman.

Originally posted by mari0915@Dec 13th, 2003 - 2:17 pm
She is beautiful, elegant and stylish. She and KA seem so in love and I love the fact the he respects her and seems to treat her like an equal. I think she is a shining example of a modern arab woman.
I agree completely. Maybe KH recognized her potential value as queen when he picked his son KA to be the next king.

I also can't understand how some would say they can tell from pictures how much she spends on jewelry. That's nonsense. I don't know of a single jewelry appraiser who would attempt to do his job through pictures alone.

I agree completely. Maybe KH recognized her potential value as queen when he picked his son KA to be the next king.

I also can't understand how some would say they can tell from pictures how much she spends on jewelry. That's nonsense. I don't know of a single jewelry appraiser who would attempt to do his job through pictures alone.
Indeed! I think that she really makes a good example to all of us Arab women, in the Middle East and abroad. :flower:

About the jewelry. I'm sure that she receives a lot of jewelery as gifts from other royals and such. I read somewhere that the Saudis gave Queen Noor some jewelry for certain occasions. I'm sure that they've done the same for Queen Rania and that they aren't the only ones who choose jewelry to give her as gifts. So it would be very hard to tell how much she spends on jewelry.

I think if you love somebody, looks don't matter at all. And who is to say what looks 'match' and what looks 'clash'? And I personally don't find Abdullah to be all that unattractive. And from interviews I've seen him in and read stories about him, he seems to have a very fair and pleasant disposition, qualities which I think most people would find attractive beyond a superficial context.

And when Abdullah and Rania were married, he was not supposed to succeed his father as King. It was a 'last minute' change by the late King Hussein to make his son rather than his brother the King.

I doubt she went Prince/King chasing. She seems to have had a decent education/career before marrying.
HM King Abdullah may not be the most handsome man in that family, but he has kind eyes and a very nice smile and he is an attractive man.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Please look at the pics of King Abdullah ten years ago(1993-..) does he look bad on the pics ? NO , in ten years he has changed,he is bigger now,but not ugly ! .I can understand that Rania fell in love with him :)

Hello magazine: queen rania in bam, iran talking to earth quake victims. dressed to islamic standards. her plane was accompanied by a military plane full with food.
rania-dop3a.jpg

rania-dop1a.jpg

rania-dop2a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom