Princess Caroline Current Events Part 2: October 2010 - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, thank you very much, debrann!
I don't like this outfit of PC, though
Azure you are welcome, personally I think the outfit looks better in the earlier photo than the present one:whistling:

Yes, I agree with your assessment, debrann, but are you sure it's the same outfit? Just wondering, it looks a little different...

Princess Caroline is president of a jury that has to decide between 18 chasubles of which one will
be worn at the centenary of the cathedral's consecration. The chasuble will maybe also be offered
to Pope Benedikt during his visit in Monaco in 2012.

The following pics were taken on Thursday, May 5th, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 **

I guess the article link will only be a temporary one, as usual with that site:

** nicematin: Les chasubles primées à la cathédrale ** translation **

It is wonderful to see Princess Caroline looking so happy and relaxed

I was rather perturbed by photo 2 where Caroline genuflects before a priest......

Last edited:
Yes, I agree with your assessment, debrann, but are you sure it's the same outfit? Just wondering, it looks a little different...
Nadine I am quite sure it is the same outfit...perhaps PC is a little thinner in the present photo:ermm:, but the edgings of the outfit are the same if you look closley and the collar and the cuffs are the same;)

Princess Caroline is president of a jury that has to decide between 18 chasubles of which one will
be worn at the centenary of the cathedral's consecration. The chasuble will maybe also be offered
to Pope Benedikt during his visit in Monaco in 2012.

The following pics were taken on Thursday, May 5th, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 **

I guess the article link will only be a temporary one, as usual with that site:

** nicematin: Les chasubles primées à la cathédrale ** translation **

Thanks, iceflower, for both the pics & info!!!! :cool: :)

This is wonderful news, almost makes up for none of the Monaco Princely Family showing up for Pope John Paul's beatification ceremony, almost, but not quite, still things are looking good! :flowers:

ps: debrann, yep, I conclude you're right, it is the same outfit, and after taking a second look, I like it then and now. :) As well as her most recent outfit, especially the turquoise ring, divine!

I was rather perturbed by photo 2 where Caroline genuflects before a priest......

Well, I think he's the priest you see at many of the palace-related events, so I'm sure it's expected....

Ah, these last pics you posted of Caroline at the Cathedral are my absolute favorite ~ hands down ~ she's still got it! :cool:

Pearls combined with beautiful blouse and outfit, a winner. :) Elegant, chic, stylish, classy ~ all words synonymous with the name & persona of Princess Caroline, House of Hanover & Grimaldi. :flowers:

It's always disturbing to see a human being kneel before another human being, priest, king or emperor... But maybe for P. Caroline is something natural, after all she was raised as a catholic christian and always showed a strong religious sense. Even in those days of legal quarrel against the Vatican.:royalrobes: :royalrobes::royalrobes:

Strong religious sense? For someone who divorced, got knocked up out of wedlock I'd be very careful with using such adjectives.

Strong religious sense? For someone who divorced, got knocked up out of wedlock I'd be very careful with using such adjectives.

I dol´t see the relation between having a religious sense and private life. Because she had a strong religious sense she should have stayed with Junot all her life??

I think we have to be careful with moral judgements more than adjectives.

This is not morality. It is just ironic that someone like her who lived a life not really according to the catholic moral is labeled as " very religious". I don't see all this strong religious sense in her.
I am not even a religious person, so please you be careful with telling me about moral judgements.

Maybe Caroline and all of the family are more spiritual than religious. IMO, "religious" implies a rigid adherence to traditional doctrines. Spiritual is more open. You can be kind, loving, compassionate, and have a sense of humanity's connectedness to a universal energy. That is more spiritual than religious.

This is not morality. It is just ironic that someone like her who lived a life not really according to the catholic moral is labeled as " very religious". I don't see all this strong religious sense in her.
I am not even a religious person, so please you be careful with telling me about moral judgements.

I´m not telling you what to say. Everyone has the right to live the way they want to live, even if it is "not according to catholic moral", and still belong to the church and participate in it. You are no one to call her behaviour hypocrite.

At least she had the courage to fulfill her dreams and expectations of life. She took risks, she tried and failed. But she was always coherent in her attitudes and her believes and she always acted accordingly. I don't think God should asks us for much more... She always faced the consequences of her actions, never threw the towel and even her most difficult moments she found a way to carry on, and try again. If this isn't faith i don't know what it is. Religiouness is a much broader concept than a few human ( catholic or not ) rules determine. Besides, we can also see things from another perspective. Ok., P. Caroline broke a considering number of the Church ( remember she couldn't take the Holly Communion when she was married to Stefano although she kept going to the Church and had her, then « ilegitimate» children baptized ). Dosen't the monegasque Church and clergy adopt an hypocratic attitude towards her, when she's asked to attend masses, shake the Bisop's hand, or presides a jury in a «clerical» competition? :sad: :ermm: :sad:

What's hypocritical is the Catholic Church looking the other way while many children are being molested by priests. What PC has done is trivial compared to that.

^And she hasn't even "done" anything wrong. I mean, divorce is just a part of life. It's a mistake. It's not good, but it's not a crime.

Oh, sure, a Catholic with the likes of Mel Gibson's confused brain will say divorce is a "sin" but that is just rubbish. I mean, even if it is a sin, it must also a "sin" to point a finger at someone and call them sinner. A "sin", whatever you will define it, is between a person and God (and that person's God is formed in a personal meaning too, not one idea of "man in the sky") and no one else. :)

I found that picture intriguing. I don't know how religious or spiritual Caroline and her family are.
My guess is that she kneeled or curtsied out of protocal to a Bishop or Arch Bishop, is that a Cardinal?
I'm Russian Orthodox, so I don't know Catholic rankings. Btw, for what it's worth divorce is acceptable in the Eastern Orthodox faith. As long as the Bishop of the Diocees gives the ok.

Time to get back to the topic of this thread! Thanks!

DITTO - she looks professional, but classy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom