General News & Information about Albert, Charlene & Family: January 2018 - July 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the message from Princess Charlène was unexpected and nice to see the Princess looking more relaxed and happy.

The appearance of Charlene at her husband’s side and participating in the New Year message appears to be a clear indication that we are going to see much more of her out and about fulfilling engagements in Monaco and perhaps representing the principality further afield. It is most welcome for all of us royal watchers who have voiced concern about how increasingly remote she had appeared to be during the last couple of years.

I think we have to remember that we don't know what goes on behind palace walls. Think of Masako and Mette Marit and everything between those two conditions.

We never really know. She may just be his supporting wife at home or we may see more of her.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was very impressed by the fact that she still cannot speak French after so many years living there. In the video of the wishes also his message, albeit very short, was in English.

There are three languages in Monaco, french, English and monegash
In the card of the Christmas , the wishes are in french, English and monegash
The births of the twins were announced in french, in English and monegash and the official announces of their births were published in the palace in the three languages

There are more people called 'the residents' who are English, german or who are speaking in English than native monegash people , Albert said the message in french for the native monegash people , Charlene wished the happy new year in English for the résidents and Albert finished in wishing happy new year in monegash

No matter, Charlene is speaking in french, in English or in volapuk, she was near the prince to wish with him the new year for all the people who are living in Monaco and that is the most important

No need for Charlene to speak in french, Albert already wished the happy new year in french, the palace wanted Charlene to be here to wish the new year in English for the résidents
They did a very beautiful and good team

Some persons talked of a divorce, they are far from it

The appearance of Charlene at her husband’s side and participating in the New Year message appears to be a clear indication that we are going to see much more of her out and about fulfilling engagements in Monaco and perhaps representing the principality further afield. It is most welcome for all of us royal watchers who have voiced concern about how increasingly remote she had appeared to be during the last couple of years.

The Princess looked unhappy for sometime and her recurring absences did attract quite a lot of negativity hopefully we'll see more of Princess Charlene accompanying her husband on trips from 2020 onward.

No need for Charlene to speak in french, Albert already wished the happy new year in french, the palace wanted Charlene to be here to wish the new year in English for the résidents
They did a very beautiful and good team

Some persons talked of a divorce, they are far from it

I actually agree. Albert already gave the message in French so I don't see anything wrong with her doing it in English. She also looked very relaxed and genuinely happy behind the eyes here so I hope whatever problems she had in 2019 are behind her now.

I think the princess spoke in English deliberately. In 2015, she delivered a live speech in French so I'm sure she could have said "Happy new year" in French in a video that's pre-recorded and edited had she been asked to. I believe the point was for the Prince to speak in French and for her to speak in English to cover both bases.

I also believe it was very brave of HSH to come out and speak of how she'd experienced a low in 2019 and to address her mental health.

Last edited:
I think the princess spoke in English deliberately. In 2015, she delivered a live speech in French so I'm sure she could have said "Happy new year" in French in the a video that's pre-recorded and edited had she been asked to. I believe the point was for the Prince to speak in French and for her to speak in English to cover both bases.

I also believe it was very brave of HSH to come out and speak of how she'd experienced a low in 2019 and to address her mental health.

I agree, I also think that it was planned for her to do the message in English for the same reasons metioned above.

I am also very happy for Charlene that she is feeling better now and looking forward to see her more in 2020!

Ps. Where can I read Charlene's full interview in English please?

I thought there was already a Gala for her Foundation - in the autumn? Anyway, great initiative - nice to see another event added to the calendar.

Appointment of a manager appointed head of press and public relations for SAS Princess Charlene

Nomination d'une responsable des relations presse et publiques de la princesse Charlène - marriane eklablog.fr

The appointment was noiced in the official journal of Monaco last frifay

Her name is Barbara Lorenzi

It's about time she has her own press and PR manager ! I hope this means that she will be more present this year.

It's about time she has her own press and PR manager ! I hope this means that she will be more present this year.

I hope it does mean she will be more present after the bad year she had in 2019, I think she will be.

Yes I agree its long over due hopefully we'll see a more visible Charlene in 2020 and the Greta Garbo complex is a thing of the past.

Excellent news - hopefully there will be much better communication about her work and we see more of the Princess.

This must mean Charlene is feeling better. She herself said in that interview that 2019 was a difficult year and she was stressed and sad over several things in her personal life, unrelated to being Princess of Monaco.

Last edited:
This is a great move. I hope this means we will be seeing more of her at engagements - and those with Albert, too.

Beautiful children! And many happy returns to P Charlene.

They are so cute.

Princess Gabriella seems to like the spotlight. And Prince Jacques doesn't mind to be a little bit outside. He is a "gentleboy".

Very cute vid ? It's going to be fun watching them grow up, I bet they can we handful together :lol:

Lee-Z, I agree with you. They are double trouble! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our beloved Charlene!!!!

Such a sweet video! Gabriella seems to be a little character and Jacques seems to be the shyer one for sure. As is often the case when there's a more outgoing sibling, the younger sibling often copies the older sibling so I am sure that Jacques becomes louder when he's playing with Gabriella ?

Some very interesting facts above. The cookbook of P Grace...that must be special. Thank you TRCRoyal

I was sorry to see that Prince Albert was not at the commemorations for the 75th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz. I gather the Foreign Minister represented Monaco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom