Charlene Wittstock Current Events 2 : April 2006 - June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, how can Charlene be a smoker and be all about her training? Any serious swimmer with Olympic ideations wouldn't be caught smoking. Further yet, you might expect to see that person in a pool. I don't believe she had any intention of training. She was trying to look better when she said that.

Its my first time to be in this thread.I thought Charlene Wittstock is a gf of Pierre coz I've seen Charlene's name on Monaco thread but I didnt dare to check what was it all about.Its just now that I've learned about Charlene being Prince Albert's official girlfriend..What does she do?..Is she a swimmer?..I think she has an athletic swimmer's body..

yeah, I answered it myself after reading the previous thread pages,lol...she's a swimmer..my guess is right..

tbhrc said:
Some more from Deadline
Nothing want to add about Charlene - she looked well on this event...But PA' eyes suprised me with unexpected sadness and suriousity. When you are really in love with someone your eyes' expression is different...

I am surprised to see Charlene smoking...I always thought one of the main rules as a professional swimmer - NO SMOKING. Maybe she stopped swimming and resumed this habit or started a new habit...who knows...

As times goes on, there will be some interesting things coming to the surface about Charlene. I am still keeping an open mind :)

Well, maybe with most of the family smoking she thinks she has to do it to fit in ;). It shows at least that she has definetely given up any ambition for a medal in the OLympics.

todays paper has them with a pic from the gala on the last page. It claims that it fuels rumours of love and mariage. The picture that was chosen though does not show that IMO. They don't look at each other (she straight into the camera, he somewhere else) and the smiles are not natural. A couple happily in love looks different to me. I have seen plenty of pics like this with PA with alleged GF.

paca said:
todays paper has them with a pic from the gala on the last page. It claims that it fuels rumours of love and mariage. The picture that was chosen though does not show that IMO. They don't look at each other (she straight into the camera, he somewhere else) and the smiles are not natural. A couple happily in love looks different to me. I have seen plenty of pics like this with PA with alleged GF.

If you take a look at those - they seem perfectly happy here to me.
Pics are taken within seconds, you know, it is possible to look irritated in one, with thoughts elsewhere in another, and happily smiling in the third ...

paca said:

I try to keep an open mind but somehow I don't like Charlene Wittstock. She dropped out of school and is proud of it in public - I don't think this is the material the wife of a Head of the State is made of. What kind of mother will she be? Okay, she has had a career as a swimmer but now she is smoking in public on claiming that she wants to become a gold medaillist in two years time? What about the necessary discipline in archieving a goal? What about being the focus of public attention as a sports star - IMHO she should give a positive example in her position.

And really - if you compare pics of Philippe and Mathilde, of W-A and Maxima, of Frederick and Mary: now these couples look not only sweet with each other but you see that there is a flaming attraction there that is only restrained by good manners and the codex of behaviour in public. Somehow Albert already looks as if he was prince Charles before the separation was announced.

As there are people who have seen the interaction of Charlene and Albert - do they touch and smile about secret jokes only they share?

tiawanika said:
what she got in her mouth??, in some she looks really bored. pics from brunopress link below if you want to see the rest

http://www.brunopress.nl/fotoweb/GridNormal.fwx

I think she is simply learning what she can and cannot do in public, without facing scrutiny. In time, she'll either become better at public protocol or show her indifference. :rolleyes:

Okay I think it's time to stop to act as if all you say is fact.

For example: She didn't even say that she's proud to have dropped out of school rather early. She said that for her it happend this way and that's all.

On the other board they say that the future will be unbaring for Stephanie and Caroline because Charlene will 'rule the house' - sorry but I've never heard so much nonsens in all my life ...
I have one question : HOW DO YOU KNOW ?????

You just speculate - you've never talked to any of them.
It is all rumours, all rumours : That Caro told Albert to pass the title of soverain on to her .... again : HOW DO THEY /YOU KNOW ???
This is kind of rediculous. Caroline has always been fine with her role. She has her family, her functions - point.
Both sisters now (as it seems ) will have to work out duties and scedules and stuff with Charlene ( again: as it seems, nothing is sure) - And believe it or not : I don't think they'll have huge problems with it. They will probably have little ' cat fights' or whatever from time to time - but isn't that only normal in a family ?!

You ( don't know how to adress the community of Charlene and Monaco situation haters really ) say that she's tacky, a stupid girl - hey the world has called Stephanie the same and a lot of you were among them.
So what's the deal ? Do you need something to hate, to criticize ?
Do you feel any affection for this family - than why can't you try to wait for things to happen and see how postive things can be ?!
Really, what's your fun is kicking on everything ?

Jo of Palatine said:
I try to keep an open mind but somehow I don't like Charlene Wittstock. She dropped out of school and is proud of it in public - I don't think this is the material the wife of a Head of the State is made of. What kind of mother will she be? Okay, she has had a career as a swimmer but now she is smoking in public on claiming that she wants to become a gold medaillist in two years time? What about the necessary discipline in archieving a goal? What about being the focus of public attention as a sports star - IMHO she should give a positive example in her position.

And really - if you compare pics of Philippe and Mathilde, of W-A and Maxima, of Frederick and Mary: now these couples look not only sweet with each other but you see that there is a flaming attraction there that is only restrained by good manners and the codex of behaviour in public. Somehow Albert already looks as if he was prince Charles before the separation was announced.
As there are people who have seen the interaction of Charlene and Albert - do they touch and smile about secret jokes only they share?
What is Charlene's highest level of education?

That picture of her smoking is disgusting. She's dressed like a streetwalker, flirting with all men present ..If I were in Monaco I would be crying! She is the anti-Grace for sure! Paris Match should seek revenge and put the smoking picture on its cover. All the royals in Europe are probably hysterically laughing at this.Rainier knew his son--this is a nightmare. She is an uneducated,unattractive, unemployed opportunist-----what a desecration to the memory of Princess Grace. She is a high school drop out --turned athlete--what athlete smokes?? She is LETHAL!

Last edited:
pama said:
Charlene and albert from abaca press

What was the event??

btw I love her dress, the off sholder dress looks great on her!!

Stephanie and Caroline smoke as well.
What about all the other princesses around.... some smoke, some don't - some have been loved from the beginning - some not - you never give them a chance. You aren't even able to admit that she looked sweet and normal and cute and lovely at the Gala. She will learn , like all of them learn.
She's a human being for gods sake - like Grace was too and Princess Diana who is praised all over the place but who didn't ahve a very high education neither ( in fact she wasn't that much of a light-brain at all , or was she...? ).
You compare Charlene with Grace - this is the biggest mistake - even race's daughters couldn't make it to her perfectness ( as if there was any) in peoples eyes.
You compare Charlene with Stephanie and suddenly you praise Steph to the highest - what a **** - this is more than unfair.

How good to know that Albert, Caro, Steph and the whole family is much more relaxed and positive than any of you !!!!!

sebastian said:
Pics are taken within seconds, you know, it is possible to look irritated in one, with thoughts elsewhere in another, and happily smiling in the third ...
I am perfectly aware of that. So why did the paper chose one that doesn't show them happily in love, when they print their first picture? They waited until pics were printed everywhere else, they didn't even mention her existence until today and now they print one almost out of context and a bad one to top it. Don't forget that the palace has a word in the local paper. One should expect from the press office to insure that she starts of in the best possible way, right? They don't seem to be doing a good job on CW here considering the criticism she is receiving. They have badly handled the NC affair and they are not doing too good here either. the only ones who seem to be having a good image at present are Caro and especially Steph this last year. Her public appearances were spectacular and she did a great job. She has managed to keep her private life fairly out of the spotlight, although (lack of other news) they keep bringing up Daniel as possible rerun, but the pics I have seen with them look just friendly and harmless to me. Parents taking care of their kids. Perfect patchworking. I don't see that with regards to PA, CW and NC. And the last spectacular appearance was when he held his speech last July, IMO.

sebastian said:

Sebastian, happyness is not only in the smiles, first of all, it is splashing into our eyes! :)
Just for comparison, look at pics of Mary's dad. He was pictured on the lecture, but HOW HAPPY are his eyes! He is REALLY happy and selfsufficient man (post #98): http://crownprincessmary.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=271&pid=115686&st=90&#entry115686

teense said:
That picture of her smoking is disgusting. She's dressed like a streetwalker, flirting with all men present ..If I were in Monaco I would be crying! She is the anti-Grace for sure! Paris Match should seek revenge and put the smoking picture on its cover. All the royals in Europe are probably hysterically laughing at this.Rainier knew his son--this is a nightmare. She is an uneducated,unattractive, unemployed opportunist-----what a desecration to the memory of Princess Grace. She is a high school drop out --turned athlete--what athlete smokes?? She is LETHAL!

Even though your words are strong, I have to say I agree with you. She needs class/etiquette lession asap. At least then she could hide her flaws a bit more.

Poor Charlene! You've "torn her to pieces" as they say in my native language.
I agree that she's not an outstanding beauty, and that she needs some training as a princess, but she isn't that bad... I have seen rougher women by Albert's side... As for not appearing happy in the pics, well... IMO she looked more uncomfortable among all those people at an official event, she not yet used to, rather than unhappy. Besides it's obvious she felt out of place in a circle of people she hardly knows, from a totally different walk of life, and having to be examinated by your future sister-in-law, a woman who's admired the world over.
You compare her to Princess Grace; apart from the fact that she unique, I read in many articles and biographies that the Monegasques weren't that welcoming to her when she became Monaco's princess. She was harshly criticized for being too American.
Sebastian I thought the same as you: how did those people know?
I guess it's just a matter of...jealousy.

Actually I know very little about Charlene, and I don't have a definite opinion about her yet, but sincerely I don't have very high expectations about Albert's future wife. I've read and heard many interviews by his previous girlfriends and I was always disappointed by the extremely low standards he set for his women; I don't have much faith in Albert's taste when it comes to women, so I don't expect him to chose anyone very educated or interested in culture.

As for wanting the best for the Family, I just want to say that I follow their lives because they are interesting, and sometimes inspiring, but I don't think we are obliged to like every member of the Family, or to keep following them even if we don't like their choices; so, in full respect of everybody and without bashing or insulting anyone (each human being deserves respect no matter what) I see nothing wrong in disagreeing with Albert's choice of a wife...we are not his sisters, and have no obligation to accept him and his future wife(?) in spite of our own tastes...

Kisses

Last edited:
Everyone knows smoking is bad for your health and as a good athlete you shouldn't but many do. The proper etiquette for a lady who smokes use to be only while sitting never standing or walking.

Sebastian if you look closer to those posts you will see one of those people was at the events and the information came from there. Its likely Caroline isn't happy with this relationship also common knowledge from sources close to her she wanted the Throne feeling as the first born it should be hers. She believes as Rainier did divine right to rule. According to Grimaldi genealogy they have it.

Charlene isn't liked for several reasons Sebastian and that you and others will have to accept until such time as she shows herself in a better light. For example in an interview she was only for training but her actions show differently. She speaks to the press about her relationship with Albert from the first time the meet while Albert isn't making comments. Her actions in a photo in public don't give off a good impression at the Olympics. Her being caught kissing Albert on the chest didn't come across well either. It was suppose to be private time with him, however it was caught. I think it would have been better had she learned to do things only in private behind closed doors which is the place to do such things. There is also the difference of age she is young enough to be his daughter and that is hard for some to get past. For myself age does play a part in a relationship a ten year gap can sometimes be to much. Albert did say he likes being with younger woman then an old so in so and that people should understand it. I mentioned this remark before in another post.

Posted by Grace
I see nothing wrong in disagreeing with Albert's choice of a wife...we are not his sisters, and have no obligation to accept him and his future wife(?) in spite of our own tastes...
I have to agree with her.

Question, maybe it was posted before but - what Albert's family (sisters, nieces etc.) think about Charlene? Anyone know?

magnik said:
Question, maybe it was posted before but - what Albert's family (sisters, nieces etc.) think about Charlene? Anyone know?

We don't know, but to me Caroline's face said it all.

Charlene's recent appearances in Monaco these last days have certainly fueled a lot of rumors and speculations.

When Albert was rumored to be dating Claudia Schiffer, Karen Mulder, and Tasha de Vasconselos the 3 of them appeared next to Albert at certain galas and events, and family members like Prince Rainier, Princess Caroline, and Princess Stephanie were present. Claudia attended 1995's Rose Ball and the 1994/1995 WMAs, Karen was at 1993's GP and there's even a pic of her talking with Andrea, Tasha attended the Tennis Masters, the Red Cross Balls from 2000-2003 and even in 1998 she was photographed next to Caroline at a Charity event in Monaco. I guess only time will tell what happens with Charlene.

There'll never be another Grace, Caroline, or Stephanie for Monaco that is for sure. I just hope the next Princess of Monaco, if there will be one, is cultivated educated woman, discreet about her private life, loving mother, and why not with a touch of elegance and class.

I agree with you Monaco70!

I would liko to add also:

Alicia Warlick with Albert & caroline at Princess Grace Award (2002)
Tasha Vasconcelos (same balcony of charlene) at Gran prix in 1998
Angie Everarth at Gala for the opened of Cannes Festival in 1997
Nicole Coste at gala for Aids Research

I don' t like Charlene, but I hope that they are happy.
If albert his happy, I'm Happy too.

I'm daughter of a Monegasque... and as Monegasque I think that we don't need another Grace, but a Woman that can do something of good for us.

I think that Albert should marry a girl with Class, Elegance, but also a Strong Woman, with project, passion for political life... for example a woman like Letizia ortiz... or a Mature woman like Annablond!!

Concerning AnnaBlond, I woul like to say that looking photos I see that albert with here seems more happy that when he is with Charlene.

Well, they all were on the balcony to watch the car race. And if you look at more pics from the event (for example Abaca) you will see that they were deeply interested in that race. That is why they look shocked or nervous on some pics. Perhaps a car crashed in the minute they were photographed or their favourite did not win. That´s it. And after such a race with suspense I think it is normal for some people to smoke. That´s it. You cannot judge by only looking at one or two pics.

I can appreciate Lady M and Grace’s point of view. However, some people feel different and they express their beliefs.

In my opinion, people have to understand the real man behind the mask Albert has never displayed the type of attitude most people think a Prince should be. If you read some of the interviews given by his colleagues in college, journalists, his closest friends, news articles and even his father, Albert is laid back and very friendly.

Albert is not the type of man who will judge or condemn anybody. He views people from the inside out, not the outside in. He probably will never date or marry the type of woman similar to his sister Caroline. Caroline has all of the traits and demeanor of what a princess should be. She has the class, the elegance, and the attitude of a princess. Caroline is 100% regal. However, this is not to say Albert is a knucklehead because he is not. Albert is brilliant in his own way. He just does not seem to enjoy the company of the prime and proper type of woman. I am not saying he never dated any respectable woman just never the princess-like type. Albert talked about what a wife should be to him. He never said he was looking for someone like his mother. The media created this story and people ran with it. I do not remember reading anything about Albert stating he wants a wife just like his mother. If someone has a piece of writing tucked away somewhere, please post and share. I just never read anything where Albert made this statement.

If Albert decides not to marry Charlene, there will be other girlfriends. People will start all over again posting their comments of what type of wife he should marry.

I will continue to keep an open mind.

Just my opinion on this matter :)

Just my two cents....

The pictures of CW smoking are AWEFUL. I never really believed her when she talking about "training" anyway. She is too old. But, the smoking pictures are not quite as bad as the ones from the maldives where she had her mouth on PA's chest (likely nipple). YUCK, don't want to see it....:eek:

I really do not know where she's going to go for "Princess Training"?

You cannot teach class.....you either have or do not.

leahteresa said:
Just my two cents....

The pictures of CW smoking are AWEFUL. I never really believed her when she talking about "training" anyway. She is too old. But, the smoking pictures are not quite as bad as the ones from the maldives where she had her mouth on PA's chest (likely nipple). YUCK, don't want to see it....:eek:

I really do not know where she's going to go for "Princess Training"?

You cannot teach class.....you either have or do not.

i agree. all the money in the world cannot buy you class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom