The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 9: November 2018 - November 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The green evening gown is beautiful, and the combination of the color and the design is perfectly suited to the occasion. She really looks stunning.

The vast majority of comments I have seen seem to be running along the lines that Rudolph quoted above, that Pakistani commenters are touched by Catherine's efforts, and see it as a positive thing. William got some enthusiastic comments, as well!

They both look staggeringly chic..

I only wish she was wearing some serious emeralds or diamonds with this gown.

The green dress is beautiful, and a fine choice to opt for green in a compliment to the host country.

As well as that color of green looking fabulous on the Duchess. She looks wonderful and I don't blame her for going to Packham for an important evening gown. Catherine always looks great in Jenny Packham.

Last edited:
Absolutely stunning dress, that green is to die for and she’s been rocking it really well lately.

Stunning green gown on the duchess looks amazing.

Indeed Catherine looks wonderful - the design and colour are perfect on her.

The Huffington Post has an article up:

“Pakistani fans are really into Kate Middleton's royal tour wardrobe #RoyalVisitPakistan”.

She looks stunning in evening gown!! Full of grace!!

They look extremely well suited and booted.

But...

I hope we will see Kate at this journey still with some extreme "bling". Queen Maxima for example wore yesterday in India a tiara with diamonds which were huge... :cool:

(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that when trying to showcase local dress, its best to go with local designers who actually know how to make such wear. It also, IMO, helps with the issues of cultural appropriation.

She can wear British and showcase British design, but I don't think that means having British designers do their "riff" on local dress.

Just MO of course. Doesn't mean I don't understand where Kate is coming from by trying to have a British designer she trusts do some traditional dress and see that as a happy marriage of the two.
I agree. The dress is still a really good one and the color is flippin' gorgeous on her, but it would be the perfect opportunity to showcase the talents of local designers and seamstresses.

But...

I hope we will see Kate at this journey still with some extreme "bling". Queen Maxima for example wore yesterday in India a tiara with diamonds which were huge... :cool:

Well Maxima is a Queen, Catherine is not and her husband is not even the next heir. Plus different culture and situation.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:

But...

Queen Maxima wore a tiara in India yesterday as she was attending a state banquet. We won't see Catherine in a tiara, nor huge bling as there is no event that calls for it during this trip.

Well Maxima is a Queen, Catherine is not and her husband is not even the next heir. Plus different culture and situation.

LaRae

Yes, you are probably right!

(But the Ladies in Pakistan love "bling" too, at least that is what Google shows in the pictures search, if one enters "pakistani + bling".)

So far the only dress she’s worn on the trip that’s good.
But aren’t they overdoing the tribute to Pakistani dressing? Don’t remember the same on any other tour. Not even neighbouring india

I agree. The dress is still a really good one and the color is flippin' gorgeous on her, but it would be the perfect opportunity to showcase the talents of local designers and seamstresses.

Yes, exactly. It is, for me, a minor quibble more of "it would be nice" but not something that takes away from the thought or the beauty of this gown (I still dislike both CW pieces immensely). This is just some things I've heard from some of my Pakistani friends who are following the tour while still enjoying seeing aspects of their culture represented.

At the end of the day, I still think her clothing choices have been a lovely touch even if I think something else may have elevated the gesture even more :flowers:

So far the only dress she’s worn on the trip that’s good.
But aren’t they overdoing the tribute to Pakistani dressing? Don’t remember the same on any other tour. Not even neighbouring india

Perhaps the local expectations are different. And it’s been made clear that this tour is very important.

The Pakistanis seem to like it- can’t be over- doing it if the host country is happy imo.

That shade of grern is to die for and the Duvhess lloks beautiful,i lovz the earrings too

This is one of my favourite evening dresses on Catherine so far this year. She looks absolutely gorgeous.

Kate is wearing an absolutely smashing gown tonight! My one quibble is that its NOT a local designer despite trying to evoke that sentiment. But the gown itself is a winner!

(Also wish she would do something different with her hair)

Video of them arriving.

William looks very good in the sherwani. Very pls'ed to see him wearing one.

Well done by the couple! Great dress on Catherine and the combination with William's traditional dress makes it even better.

I love the style. Its a beautiful nod to the country they are in ?

And the color is stunning on her :flowers:

But sorry I rarely like sequins, and this is not a case I do. If head to toe, I need a dark like black. She looks like a Christmas tree, sorry.

Just glad she didnt wear any flashy big jewels with this. Already enough flash.

Posts and comments discussing the Duchess of Cambridge's weight have been removed according to the TRF rules. Thank you for your understanding!

She looks lovely, I ADORE the headband.

The Duchess of Cambridge looks stunning tonight at the annual Festival of Remembrance.

A gorgeous look. Love the hairstyle with the hair band.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom