The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 9: November 2018 - November 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, she looked lovely in this dress. I second the idea of smaller heels to improve her posture

I have asked for this list of rules pertaining to royal protocol and still waiting....

LaRae

i so wish that Catherine would work more on her posture. She'll regret it as she ages, if she doesn't work it out now. There was one photo amongst the Diplomatic Reception photos where he neck was bent almost at a 45 degree angle. And it is more noticeable when her hair is up.

That gown, indeed, is very fairy tale like (especially the back).

And it is more noticeable when her hair is up.

And when she is wearing a tiara :bang:. Always hope she stand straighter especially when I saw her in white tie event.

i so wish that Catherine would work more on her posture. She'll regret it as she ages, if she doesn't work it out now. There was one photo amongst the Diplomatic Reception photos where he neck was bent almost at a 45 degree angle. And it is more noticeable when her hair is up.

I don't know exactly what the problem is with her posture. If you notice, her back is extremely straight [look at many photos] but it is her neck that seems to jut out at an off angle when talking to someone or even just walking. I wonder if it isn't exactly her posture {back not curved over, tight core stomach, straight foot carriage} but how she holds her neck that throws her "look" a bit off. Wonder if she was ever in an accident of some type, even in sports that affected her upper spine/neck.

This has already been pointed out, numerous times. The only frenzy seems to be coming from media that doesn't really pay close attention to the various royal ladies, and seems to have their ideas stuck somewhere in the mythic past.

Yes, I think it's been pointed out here in another thread about Kate's use of dark nail polish. Some portions of the media are responding to other portions bringing up royal protocol. And there are plenty of comments on the Internet by public observers about some royal ladies breaking royal protocol, so it's not just the print media. But yes, the tabs enjoy blindly stirring things up.

Anyway, it's always nice to see Kate mixing things up and not adhering to being overly conservative. It's been said recently that even the Queen has pooh-poohed absolute adherence to 'mythic' notions of stuffy 'royal protocol.'

I don't know exactly what the problem is with her posture. If you notice, her back is extremely straight [look at many photos] but it is her neck that seems to jut out at an off angle when talking to someone or even just walking. I wonder if it isn't exactly her posture {back not curved over, tight core stomach, straight foot carriage} but how she holds her neck that throws her "look" a bit off. Wonder if she was ever in an accident of some type, even in sports that affected her upper spine/neck.
This is the most typical posture problem called forward head. So much of what we do requires us “hunching” forward with head down. Driving, sewing,cooking, Computer work, looking at the phone or texting, called “text neck”. Her posture has always been bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if the dress Kate wore to Prince Charles's 70th birthday has been identified, but could this be it? It is by Tory Burch.

Last edited:
I don't know if the dress Kate wore to Prince Charles's 70th birthday has been identified, but could this be it? It is by Tory Burch.

I think you mean the dress she wore for the Queen's Family Christmas Luncheon.:flowers:

The dress she wore for Charles' birthday was a one shoulder evening gown.

:previous: A gorgeous red dress for Catherine and a great winter party look.

Lovely dress and color for a party!

That red dress is absolutely stunning. A wonderful dress.

her mother must have a lot of heating in her house, this is a summer dress! lovely but summer! I like the dress

They were at Pippa's house/flat for the birthday celebrations.

LaRae

With a lot of people in a room, you don't need external heating.

I think the Middleton family can easily afford to overheat their places in order their guests to feel confortable with summer outfits.

That said the color is beautiful. She looks great in red :flowers:

But I was never that fond of this dress. Reminds me style wish of the dresses my Nana brought back for us from a Mexican vacation as a souvenier.

Fortunate she was in her sister's house which should be warm for this look.

her mother must have a lot of heating in her house, this is a summer dress! lovely but summer! I like the dress

I read that the party had a summer theme, with the guests all in sandals and light clothing.
So the red dress was an excellent choice.

Reportedly this was a tropical themed party so the dress seems quite appropriate. She's wearing a coat for the short walk from the car to the house, so she probably didn't catch a chill.?

Posts carrying over a discussion from another thread, in a manner which the moderating team does not appreciate, have been removed.

I was wondering when they'd arrive! Looks like a bridal gown but I'll wait for better shots

I dig the off the shoulder look.

Last edited:
I don't love very the white colour but i like the desigh of the dress and on Duchees is so elegant! Very beautiful tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom