The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 4: August 2012 - October 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do love the gown too and the heavier shadow or false eyelashes. Too bad her hair was down with this dress, really ruined the look of it for me.

Last edited:
I don't think that the Festival of Remembrance is formal, although I could be wrong.

I love the dress, but I think the look would be more appropriate at a function like the Festival of Remembrance at The Royal Albert Hall.

The red clutch looks good, thats about it. I never liked this dress, quite frumpy, and Kate has the worst posture of all Princesses (along with Mette Marit). Hair hanging down and Kate slouching along ... whats new.

I'm pleased to see Kate rewearing one of her evening dresses. :flowers:

Same here.

I think it is a nice dress, not my favourite, but very appropriate for the occassion. Also good to see she glammed it up a bit with the red clutch.

Ugh. No like this get up. Makes her look terribly older than her years. :bang:

Black lace dresses are very popular in the UK for all ages - they are not considered to be just for "older" women which appears to be the view of many of the US contributers.

But it is definitely a look that that people seem to either love or hate!

I think black lace can actually be pretty flattering. This particular dress, however, is not my cup of tea.
Don't hate it, just not one of my favourites. Kate looks good in it though.

What I really, really dislike is the hairstyle. Yes, I know I probably say this for every evening outing where Kate has her hair in her usual style but I really do think that some effort could be made for an evening look. I'm not saying she should have gone for an elaborate hairdo, just something different.
Yes, Kate has gorgeous, healthy looking hair and the current style is probably her comfort zone, but I wish she was a bit more adventurous.

I have no isdues with her recycling. The drrss is not bad; a bit too much lace, but not too bad.

I do love the gown too and the heavier shadow or false eyelashes. Too bad her hair was down with this dress, really ruined the look of it for me.
I too love this gown and have to agree with you about the hair. I do wish she would have pulled it back, even a half up would have been good for me. But it just looked sloppy this latest outing.

I didn't care for the black lace dress the first time Catherine wore it and my opinion hasn't changed. I just can't warm up to the light fabric under the black lace. I know it allows the pattern of the lace to show through but I prefer to see the underdress or lining made of the same color as the lace. It seems more elegant that way. Also, thank goodness she had that horrible skull removed from the McQueen clutch. In its original form it is revolting.

I don't think that the Festival of Remembrance is formal, although I could be wrong.
I know the ceremony at the Cenotaph isn't, but doesn't HM and other members of the BRF attend a concert at TRAH this time of year for veterans that is?
I thought it was called Festival of Remembrance, could be mistaken!

roseroyal said:
I know the ceremony at the Cenotaph isn't, but doesn't HM and other members of the BRF attend a concert at TRAH this time of year for veterans that is?
I thought it was called Festival of Remembrance, could be mistaken!

It took place on Saturday evening. Neither Catherine nor William attended. It seems to be an event for full time royals.

Yes, you're right. It's an evening event but the style is more "somber cocktail-hour" rather than full-length dresses.

QUOTE]

Last edited:
Posts discussing Duchess of Cambridge's fashion on her recent outing has been moved to the
The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 10

Thread

Kate today at The Natural History Museum's Treasures Gallery opening:

- Hair and makeup

- Close up of the outfit
- Complete outfit
- Side view

I'm not normally a fan of this particular style but I actually like this dress; maybe the colour saves it for me.

Is it just me or Kate is wearing a lot less makeup than usual? She appears to have used a softer colour (taupe or light brown) for an eyeliner instead of the horrible black, and the blush looks much softer and natural-looking too (probably a cream one).

Just a little information on the dress: Kate is wearing the same Mulberry "Cabbage" dress she had worn ia back in November of 2011 at the Reception For Media to mark the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations. Just in case someone from DM is reading this, the dress has a £1400 price tag.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the colour and Catherine looks beautiful tonight :)

Is it just me or Kate is wearing a lot less makeup than usual? She appears to have used a softer colour (taupe or light brown) for an eyeliner instead of the horrible black, and the blush looks much softer and natural-looking too (probably a cream one).

I notice it around her eyes. Less eye makeup, although she always looks beautiful to me :)

If the hem were lower I think the proportion would work better. It's nice to see softer makeup and different hair cut.

I like this dress. In some pics, it looks a bit too matronly on her but in general it looks good.

But I'm not a fan of the new haircut. The fringes don't suit her, they cover her face way too much... maybe if it was on only one side of her face it would look better

But I'm not a fan of the new haircut. The fringes don't suit her, they cover her face way too much... maybe if it was on only one side of her face it would look better
Kate has gained a bit of weight lately and her face appeared slightly fuller than usual (which, incidentally, suits her); I believe she opted for fringes because they "hide" the sides of the face, making it appear slimmer. I don't mind the new haircut; to me, it's a welcome diversion from her usual one.

That dress is beyond awful. This is not the kind of dresses she can pull off. Only women like Alexa Chung are able to pull off the granny-chic look.
She should've atleast put her hair up.

I think she is looking good - the dress is ok but I think I'd prefer the neckline to be open so as to give a softer look. And I am not a fan of "shiny" material. This might look good but the flash photography doesn't do it any favours.

she's experimenting with a new look and that's good. Low/nil lighting plus flash photography never gives a clear indication of how someone really appears. Tomorrow in daylight will tell.

I guess she gain some weight ,,, But I didn’t like her new haircut Or hairstyle ,,, I always like this women style but today she’s not stunned me (...)

Duchessmary said:
ACK! Get the hair out of your eyes, Kate! :whistling:

Totally agree! The dress looks like something my gran would wear.

The dress is awful. Hair is a mess. She is lively, but the whole look is wrong.

Meant to write lovely not lively.

One could quite literally stick Princess Anne's head over those pics of Kate and the dress would not look out of place. On top of that what is that hair all about? Has Kate banged her head and thinks she's woke up in 1975? IMO she is often poorly styled and it's only the emperor's new clothes attitude of the media that saves her from being slated. I mean, many of her clothes would easily suit the Queen herself and she is almost 87 years old.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom