Royal Ladies Wearing RED: August 2006 - October 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks iceflower for the beautiful picts of Caroline, does anybody have the one she wore at the Rose Ball in the 80s, with black gloves??

You are most welcome, rosana. I think I know which pic you mean, I'll take a look if I can find it..:)

Some more pics of CP Mathilde:

2enn6li.jpg
2csbe3d.jpg
44k1l43.jpg
35017qo.jpg

(belga, HOLA)

Thanks for your help, tbhrc :flowers: I also had those pics from 1985 in mind!

Princess Elena wearing red:

4hbk51s.jpg
47b0hma.jpg
34o7aeu.jpg
3yxhf9u.jpg
2e0k38z.jpg
3zhld1x.jpg
2e6bv2o.jpg
47ntmb8.jpg
4harxif.jpg

(gettyimages, seeger)

No wonder Elena was seeing red...just look at that cape-thing or whatever that her husband had on. Did he forget and thought he was going to a costume ball as Count Dracula?! :huh:

Sister Morphine said:
The best red dress I've seen on a royal lady was the dress that Princess Madeleine wore to the Nobel Prize gala/banquet.....it's the same dress she's wearing in the official picture on the the Royal Family's website.

Some might have said she showed a little too much decolletage for something that formal, but I think she pulled it off and looked amazing.

prmadwebb2gs5.jpg

Credit: From http://www.royalcourt.se/denkungligafamiljen/prinsessanmadeleine/forstoring.4.53abbbfd7ffdfa677fff1195.html

I totally agree with you, Sister Morphine. This dress is my favourite too. Princess Madeleine is usually wearing light blue, pink, white... But she is looking really fab in red:flowers:

Incas said:
No wonder Elena was seeing red...just look at that cape-thing or whatever that her husband had on. Did he forget and thought he was going to a costume ball as Count Dracula?! :huh:
LOL Very funny, Incas :lol: and I agree with you two, Sister Morphine and Tartucat, Madeleine looks wonderful with that dress.

Queen Sofia in red:

2qi3c0p.jpg
2qvft3k.jpg
2vi5q2h.jpg
2cg0jeo.jpg
4379utw.jpg
2pr7kw9.jpg

(cover)

Count me as another one who loves Madeleine's Nobel dress. I remember seeing a picture where she wore another red long dress, but I can't remember the webpage. :sad: She must have been still 17 I think, because she looked still very young and had shorter hair. It had no sleeves, no embroidery and I think it was a halterneck. Does anyone know this or the occasion to which she wore it?

@iceflower: I think it's fantastic that the Swedes talked so openly about it. Eating disorders are very dangerous. An example I read last year: The Charité in Berlin wants to expand their therapy centre. They said they have only space for 20 patients, but each year are ca. 1000 asking for a place. :sad:

@iloveroyals: That thread would be fantastic. Blue is one of my favourite colours. I think Madeleine would top the thread though. ;)

Last edited:
Thank you so much!!! Its the one from 1988, i had the magazine when i was a child but i lost it. I´ve always love that dress and the way she looks, like a diva!

Princess Madeleine is wearing a "censored" version of the famous red dress in the picture above. The original dress did not have lace covering her bosom. It was added later - probably at mom and dad's orders. It definitely covers more than the original dress. Still very pretty.

grevinnan said:
Princess Madeleine is wearing a "censored" version of the famous red dress in the picture above. The original dress did not have lace covering her bosom. It was added later - probably at mom and dad's orders. It definitely covers more than the original dress. Still very pretty.

I don't know, in this picture here.....the dress looks identical:

1681090zq5.jpg

It might be the angle of the official picture, but the lace is already on the dress. She also might have been wearing a different bra for that picture than she is for this one...hence why it looks a little different.

Credit: Getty

Ms Griffin said:
@iceflower: I think it's fantastic that the Swedes talked so openly about it. Eating disorders are very dangerous. An example I read last year: The Charité in Berlin wants to expand their therapy centre. They said they have only space for 20 patients, but each year are ca. 1000 asking for a place. :sad:
I agree, eating disorders are a terrible problem, and the kids with that kind of problems are getting younger and younger, even 6-8 year old girls start to make diets..I think it would be great if a princess would make a special worldwide project about that theme. Red would be a strong colour to support such a campaign :) So, back to the topic:

The latest pic of Queen Paola only days ago wearing red, and Queen Sofia wearing red Part 2:

401llwp.jpg
2ql8nxf.jpg
4c2xxch.jpg
34fobrp.jpg
42viqyq.jpg

(belga, cover, polfoto)

Please post the dates and the occasions when these ladies wore their red attire otherwise it becomes a picture dumping thread. It would also be nice to have some dicussion as to why you like these images.

Thank you.

Mandy
House of Fashion Moderator

Princess Märtha Louise with some of her red dresses:
1. 2002 at a press conference shortly before her wedding
2. 1997
3. 1991 at her brother's birthday
4. 1999 at a gala dinner
I've chosen those as I like her in that short and elegant red day dresses, but in my eyes the two long evening dresses aren't that perfect for her :)
2v7xfs9.jpg
40q0x8o.jpg
2r7n61l.jpg
4geh4sl.jpg

(profimedia, polfoto, anp)

I really like the two red galadresses of Märtha Louise!
IMO red is a colour that suits her alot!
she really has some beautiful gowns!:flowers:

Thank you for the beautiful photos of Queen Sofia, K!! :flowers:
IMO, all tha ladies look great wearing red. It's a wonderful color and the contrast with their skins is beautiful.

iceflower said:
Queen Sofia in red:
4379utw.jpg
Just a question K: when was this photo take?

Sister Morphine said:
I don't know, in this picture here.....the dress looks identical:

1681090zq5.jpg

It might be the angle of the official picture, but the lace is already on the dress. She also might have been wearing a different bra for that picture than she is for this one...hence why it looks a little different.

Credit: Getty

No, this one only has lace detailing on the left brest, whereas the other has it fluting across the entire front. Much nicer too, I think.

This one kind of screams "Hollywood Red Carpet", the other breathes regal elegance. (Even the hair is subtly different!) :flowers:

(ps: Princess Madeline looks absolutely wonderful in such rich colour. Pastels have a tendency to make her look washed out or insipid.

Last edited:
iceflower said:
34fobrp.jpg

(belga, cover, polfoto)
Mmmmmm....... that outfit is to die for. The cape is wonderful, the dress and shoes marvelous, and what a scrummy little purse!
All in all, a great look.:mrgreen:

The Countess of Wessex wearing red for a charity dinner:

(Credit: Abaca Press)

I love red, I could say almost every princesse/ queen / lady looks good in red, even on CP Masako who has different tone of skin colour to other ladies:flowers:, thanks for the pictures.

I love theese color treads!!! Lets make more! Green, blue, yellow, pink etc.

Lone

Queen Silvia in red, I love that colour on her as it goes so well with her dark hair :)

1. 1999 in Athen
2. 2003 at a dinner
3. 2003 buying the first may flower
4. 2003 at a charity soccer game
5. 2003 at her husband's birthday
6. 1997

2jb9r0x.jpg
3yh7msj.jpg
2l91s2d.jpg
2s10wnq.jpg
2rwkuuf.jpg
2poplky.jpg

(polfoto, seeger)

iceflower said:
Queen Silvia in red, I love that colour on her as it goes so well with her dark hair :)

1. 1999 in Athen
2. 2003 at a dinner
3. 2003 buying the first may flower
4. 2003 at a charity soccer game
5. 2003 at her husband's birthday
6. 1997

http://i9.tinypic.com/2poplky.jpg
(polfoto, seeger)

The last picture is from the wedding of prince Joachim and princess Alexandra november 1995...

Last edited by a moderator:
I really love the queen's red coat. Wonder if I could afford one just like it?:ROFLMAO:
Seriously, I wish I could.:sad: :sad:

Is it just the picture or is that really a red dress the queen is wearing in photo #1? It looks kind of tangerine orange to me. Regardless, either way it looks good.

Sophus said:
The last picture is from the wedding of prince Joachim and princess Alexandra november 1995...
Thanks for your correction, Sophus, Seegerpress sometimes does not give the right dates..Maybe it's the same with pic number 3 in this post.
Kerry, me too I wasn't sure about that ;)

1. 1997 Golden Wedding Anniversary of the British Monarch
2. 2002 750 years of Stockholm
3. 1997
4. 2006 in Finnland this month
5. 2001 in Belgium

2h87exs.jpg
2j4vga9.jpg
2lcbrpt.jpg
2i9tvus.jpg
2hs3q76.jpg

(gettyimages, HOLA 2002, seeger)

rop81 said:
What an awful hat! It ruins the otherwise good outfit :ermm:
I agree with you, rop81, the hat changes the dress into an uniform, maybe the dress of a traffic warden if it wasn't red ;)
How do you like the dress in pic 3, in my eyes the grindings are a bit too much.

1. Carl Gustav's birthday in 1990
2. at a gala in the 1990s
3. in Germany in 1998
4. at a concert in 2004

(Frau im Spiegel, Seeger, Polfoto)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom