The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 02:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Queen Paola looking good in green on the Abdication/Inauguration Day today, July 21. The dress and jacket are by Natan.

** Full view ** Upper part **
Great color but I don't like the print or the hat.

Old 07-31-2013, 08:07 AM
Courtier

Here you see one belated addition from King Albert and Queen Paola's visit to Liège on July 19, 2013:
http://1.lavenircdn.net/Assets/Image...7.jpg.h600.jpg (full view)
http://1.lavenircdn.net/Assets/Image...2.jpg.h600.jpg (upper part)
http://1.lavenircdn.net/Assets/Image...2.jpg.h600.jpg (close-up)
Does anybody know if the dress is new? All other recent outfits in July (cf. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...3-a-35400.html) -except Her Majesty's green Natan two-piece of course- looked familiar to me...

Old 07-31-2013, 12:37 PM
Administrator

That dress she wore in Liege has been a great choice!

Today, July 31, at the mass held for the 20th anniversary of the death of King Baudouin in Brussels Paola chose a combination in dark blue:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **
Old 11-15-2013, 11:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Paola suprises with a new look at King's Feast today

video and article

I love this new haircut. She's ageing stylish and gracefully.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Wonderfull surprise of the new look of Queen Paola. I like also her new haicut.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
Queen Paola suprises with a new look at King's Feast today

video and article

I love this new haircut. She's ageing stylish and gracefully.
Wow that's a change and a surprise,I hadn't noticed the new hairstyle at the Mass earlier as Her Majesty was wearing a hat!
Old 11-15-2013, 02:09 PM
Nobility

Nice surprise. The new haircut and color looks very good in her, it makes her look younger.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:00 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I'm probably the odd one out here as I don't like Paola's new haircut, it's too short for my taste and I preferred her previous style. At first I didn't recognize her! Changing the subject slightly; she looked good in black and I think her brooch is very pretty.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 11-16-2013, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

You're not the (only) odd one, HereditaryPrincess. I also don't like this new haircut, but in general I don't like short hair on women.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:23 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
You're not the (only) odd one, HereditaryPrincess. I also don't like this new haircut, but in general I don't like short hair on women.
Neither do I, although some shorter hairstyles can look OK; I have a friend who has short hair with a side fringe, and it suits her (I have seen a photo of her with long hair, and she looks like a completely different person).

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 11-16-2013, 02:38 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I'm probably the odd one out here as I don't like Paola's new haircut, it's too short for my taste and I preferred her previous style. At first I didn't recognize her! Changing the subject slightly; she looked good in black and I think her brooch is very pretty.
I too do not like the Queen Paola's current haircut. It makes her look harsh.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:34 PM
Aristocracy

I am normally not a fan of short hair like that on women , but I think she looks fabulous...love the color too
Old 11-16-2013, 04:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I'm probably the odd one out here as I don't like Paola's new haircut, it's too short for my taste and I preferred her previous style.
I agree with you! and I can confirm that in Belgium, also in the press there were many and very mixed comments.
No, I don't like it...
Old 11-30-2013, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Queen Paola has attended a concert organized by Equinox and 'Muziekkapel Koningin Elisabeth - Chapelle musicale Reine Elisabeth' at the Flagey Hall in Brussels today, November 30.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery ** apa/picturedesk gallery **
Old 12-02-2013, 04:49 PM
Administrator

Queen Paola and King Albert attended the annual Christmas concert of the Queen Paola Foundation at the Plaza Hotel in Brussels this evening, December 2, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **
Old 12-03-2013, 05:25 PM
Administrator

Queen Paola attended a ceremony to celebrate the 15th anniversary of Child Focus, the foundation for missing and sexual exploited children, at the Federal Parliament in Brussels today, December 3, 2013.

** Pic ** belga gallery ** apa/picturedesk gallery **
Old 12-12-2013, 04:20 PM
Administrator

King Albert and Queen Paola viewed the exhibition 'The body of Indian Art' at the Europalia India International Arts Festival at Bozar in Brussels this afternoon, December 12. Europalia is held every two years to celebrate the country's cultural heritage.

** belga gallery ** apa/picturedesk gallery ** gettyimages gallery **
Old 01-28-2014, 04:34 PM
Administrator

King Albert and Queen Paola attended a gala concert of the Chapelle Musicale Reine Elisabeth at the Palais des Beaux-Arts in Brussels this evening, January 28, 2014 - it was the launch of the celebrations of the 75th anniversary of the Music Chapel.

** belga gallery ** facetoface ** apa/picturedesk **
Old 02-20-2014, 02:34 PM
Courtier

I am a bit behind on things. I just saw a picture of Queen Paola on another site and was really surprised to see her with lovely white hair. So I came over here to see when the change happened. I think I know why she cut her hair. I think she had been coloring her hair and decided to stop. I speak from personal experience on this.

About 4 years ago I was coming up on a hair appointment to have my color done, when I saw several articles on women who had decided to let their hair go gray. I had been wondering just how much of my hair was gray so I decided I would stop the coloring just to see what it looked like. When I went to my hairdresser, I told her she was going to think I had lost my mind. Actually, she thought it was a good idea. She told me that the best way to go about it would be to cut my hair really short, so that the difference between the dark brown and the gray would be less obvious. That was what we did and in the end the whole process took a good bit less than the six to nine months my hairdresser thought it would take. After I got through the whole process, I let it grow out some but I may be going back to a shorter version.

Getting back to Paola, she may let her hair grow out some more but I kind of like it short. Its different particularly for a royal.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:03 AM
Administrator

King Albert and Queen Paola have visited Bologna, Italy, here are a few pics:

** svenskdam.se: Albert och Paola turistade i Bologna ** translation **

Tags
fashion, queen paola, style