Princess Laurentien's Fashion and Style Part 1: April 2004 - February 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm weird but I love her sense of fashion! It's so Typically...Laurentien! :flowers:

Thanks for sharing Her_Majesty! She looks really cool & relax.I love her pink style!

The colors are lovely with her complexion, but she really doesn't look good in those pants. They look like pajamas on her.

99% always over the top - Look at me! look at me!

The outfit is definitely out of the top and on any other person it probably would have looked plain ridiculous. But Laurentien just pulls it off; she has this individual style, which cannot be copied and which looks acceptable only for her.

Yes Laurentiean pull off almost everything I think. I love this outfit! It is "very Laurentien!" The colors are great. She look wonderful as usual.

Her style is very special - few people can get away with some of the outfits we've seen her in in the past. But she wear everything with such elegance. I don't know how she does it, but she can get off with everything.

Everything except that green/blue trousers outfit we saw her in a few years ago. That is the only one I never liked on her. She had a huge hat, high waisted trousers with buttons down by the side, and the blouse war kund of a flowerprint. I'll see if I fint it again.

But the outfit presented in the thread above here, I really liked it! Cerise is a great color for her. :flowers:

Here it is, the outfit I never liked as I mentioned in my previous post. I hope the link works!

But Laurentien pulls off this one too! But I never liked theis outfit. But I respect her for being so independent and so creative and brave with what she wears.

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/4540/53460597rp9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here it is, the outfit I never liked as I mentioned in my previous post. I hope the link works!

But Laurentien pulls off this one too! But I never liked theis outfit. But I respect her for being so independent and so creative and brave with what she wears.

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/4540/53460597rp9.jpg

To be honest, I don't like this outfit, either! Sky blue & green colors aren't suit together in outfits(in my opinion).

That is one big ugly frock Laurentien is wearing combined with that horrific hat thingy. OK we all know that her taste is different but this outfit can go straight into the "worst ever" thread :yuk:.

P Laurentien always looks like she borrowed her outfits from the local stage productions back lot. Not Good!!

Someone is designing these big event outfits for her. She is shown a sketch and OK's these ugly outfits?
What is she thinking?
She obviously has no taste at all. But to continue on dressing like this over the years boggles my mind. She rarely (if ever) wears the same outfit twice, so she must be spending a lot of money every year on clothes.
But, if she has a "deal" with a designer and gets these ugly clothes for free to save money, then she is doing herself a great disservice.

When looking at questionable choices made by Princess Laurentien, I wonder what Prince Constantijin may think about them. How would her husband feel about subtle mean smiles aimed at his wife's poor fashion choices?... a bit sad ... perhaps... She can not be a punk Princess like Furstin Gloria von Thurn und Taxis used to be. It seems to me that she feels obliged to follow her signature style. "very Laurentien" means no sense of fashion at all, in my personal opinion. Thus,there is nothing to be proud of.
As for the latest outfit, words simply fail me.

She has worn a lot of strange outfits in the past, but this one takes the cake. I wonder what the philosophy is behind this dress??

Weird would to me be an understatement. So many great outfits lately that weren't "kooky" and now this! I love her enthusiasm and zest for life, but she needs to torch this when she gets home.

She cannot possibly think that this outfit looks good on her. She looks ridiculous.

Ok a few days ago another outfit was the worst Laurentien outfit I've seen. Now it has changed. THIS is the very worst I have ever seen her in. Ok so she matched the cherise flowers on that coat with charise shoes, but she looks like......I'm speachless. This is ugly. :eek:

(Does anyone, miss a shower curtain, by any chance?? :whistling: A very ugly one, may I add???)

A shower curtain is an apt comparison indeed. The bathroom effect is reinforced by the hat that has got a strong resemblance to a fancy shower cap. Does Princess Laurentien listen to anybody, when she selects her outfits for major royal engagements such as Prinsijesdag?

I certainly wonder what her husband thinks about his wife's clothes. The man must be a saint or else they have a private bet going.

Maybe Laurentien is fed up with all the princesses that look like models everywhere (Mary, Madeleine etc.) and she decided to be the Vivian Westwood amongst them. It must be something like that or indeed a bet with her husband, because I cannot believe that any even remotely fashionconscensious woman would look like she does on a public outing.

Um....something must be seriously wrong with me...I actually don't think it looks that bad. I mean come on, we are talking about Laurentien.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom