Princess Caroline's Fashion & Style, Part 1: October 2003 - July 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden
August 4, 2000 not that grand

August 9, 1996

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 858
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 1,623
Last edited by a moderator:
Although many of the other princesses seem to don lots of hats, Princess Caroline seems to wear them on few and far between occasions.

Monaco's National Day, hat one.

www.pro.corbis.com - Monaco's National Day, hat two, with baby Alexandra.

www.pro.corbis.com - Monaco's National Day, hat three, with Ernst and Alexandra.

www.polfoto.dk - Funeral of Queen Ingrid of Denmark.

ETA copyright sources/Mandy

Attachments

• MO_caroline_100b.jpg
    MO_caroline_100b.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 745
  • MO_caroline_family_120a.jpg
    MO_caroline_family_120a.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 680
  • MO_caroline_family_121.jpg
    MO_caroline_family_121.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 854
  • DK_ingrid_funeral_550.jpg
    DK_ingrid_funeral_550.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 5,190
Caroline does seem to be very fond of hats, doesn't she? And rightly so because for the most part she looks wonderful in them!

In a fur hat on the cover of Royalty Magazine.

Caroline and Ernst at another wedding...

www.ibl.se

Monaco National Day

www.ibl.se

Attachments

• CarolineHat.jpg
    CarolineHat.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 5,080
  • CarolineHats.jpg
    CarolineHats.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 6,429
  • CarolineHats2.jpg
    CarolineHats2.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 5,314
Thanks for the pic Julia.

I love that hat as well. It seems to be both masculine and feminine at the same time and Caroline pulls off the look very well.

Overall ... Caroline has beautiful taste in hats.

Its what I call a dual compliment ... each hat compliments her, and she compliments it.
:)

The pillbox isn't my favorite on Caroline, but I must agree w/ King Christian; overall Caroline has excellent taste in hats and she wears them well.

yeah, Caroline always has a great hat... sometimes those British pick crazy ones... Caroline always seems to have a good one though!

Rose ball "Jubilee"

March 20, 1999

1998 "Bal de la rose" (rose ball) in Monaco -

27/04/2001

23/6-01

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 6,209
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 6,846
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 6,459
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 6,771
The one from 27/04/2001 is gorgeous! I love the shimmering, irridescent quality to the fabric.

Attachments

• Caro_shoes.jpg
    Caro_shoes.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 1,178
  • caro_shoes2.jpg
    caro_shoes2.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 1,795
  • caro_shoes3.jpg
    caro_shoes3.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 783
  • caro_shoes4.jpg
    caro_shoes4.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 821
  • caro_shoes5.jpg
    caro_shoes5.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 729
  • caro_shoes6.jpg
    caro_shoes6.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 590
  • caro_shoes7.jpg
    caro_shoes7.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1,020
  • caro_shoes8.jpg
    caro_shoes8.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 1,433
  • caro_shoes9.jpg
    caro_shoes9.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 576
  • caro_shoes10.jpg
    caro_shoes10.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,174
Great pics Julia. Caroline looks beautiful in all of them. Is she wearing a wig in the first pic or something? :blink:

It was nice seeing some of these pics again.

Glad you like them, monaco70s! They are great photos of Caroline, aren't they?

In the first photo I don't think Caroline's wearing a wig. I know I can find a larger photo that is a close-up....

Yeah great pics :) Thanks Julia that would be nice. BTW don't u think Caroline and Charlotte look very much alike in the 1983 Chateau de Marchais pic? It's the one where she's wearing boots.

Originally posted by monaco70s@Dec 28th, 2003 - 3:53 pm
BTW don't u think Caroline and Charlotte look very much alike in the 1983 Chateau de Marchais pic? It's the one where she's wearing boots.
Yep, I think that Charlotte is a dead-ringer for her mum and you can definitely see it in the Chateau de Marchais photo. ;) They really look alike!

My fav pics are the ones from 2000's Floral Contest and 2002's Floral Contest :p lol Yours?

Nice shoes. I especially like the two yellow pairs.

Caroline has always looked elegant in everything. I think she could put a paper bag on and make it look like The New Thing.

Has anyone ever seen her look just wrong in an outfit? Wear the wrong thing to an event? Or just look bad? I'm wondering about silly fluff like this. :p :p

To be completely honest, at the (i think it was) 2002 Rose Ball, that white and black dress that looked like it was made out of some sore of fringe. I hated it, absolutely. And, of course, at the Danish royal wedding in May, that dark blue number, too drab, too funeral-like. And she does tend to stick to black and white a bit more than anyone would recommend. Aside, from that, I'd say 99.9% of all times, she's stunning and very graceful; and 100% of the time, her face balances out her dress.

Hi!

I wouldn't call it a "faux pas" but I think she looked quite messy at the wedding cerimony in Spain.

She looked absolutely (she even won Hola's competition) ravissant at the dinner the night before, but for the wedding she looked as she had picked the first thing from her closet. (Her hair, the way she hided below her hat, her almost washed out face :wacko: )

I would say 90% of time she looks very elegant. But I miss her happy look with the first husband. It was a happiness that made her glow above the dresses the make-up...

Regards,

Portuguese_Member

I agree about the suit that she wore to the Spanish Wedding, the jacket looked almost 2 sizes bigger for her.

Well, it wasn't ugly per say...but the black dress she wore to the Danish wedding was entirely inappropriate. I mean, who wears BLACK to a wedding?! It was a nice dress, but it was not fitting for the event AT ALL!
~Kathleen

yeah... like 1 time... maybe 3 yrs. ago at the pgfusa thing in nyc... she was wearing a clashing 2 piece green & gray combo at the 'after awards' deal... & she was très angry with herself... cuz... she wouldn't let anyone snap a shot of her... & so she was left totally out of the photos of that part of the shindig... but she looked totally ok b4 until she changed!!! & when she goes casual... it's totally casual 2!!! i mean like u'd think she was going 2 wash her car!!!

totally marianne...
totally outspoken manhattanite by birth...

To me, in all the pictures I've seen, Princess Caroline goes for a look I'd describe as sophisticate, jet-set chic. Sometimes, she drops that completely, like, at the Danish wedding with that stiff black number and that gigantic tower of hair topped by that anal-retentive crown- i don't say tiara, because a crown is what it looked like- in other words, much too large and imperial for a wedding like that- (the whole garb aside from making her look like a widow, made her look older as well). She has made faux pas like this, but, aside from that, she's bang on with her intentions and the majority of her look- although I would recommend more spring colors to her- especially light blue and peach, as they would be much more flattering to her age and bone structure than always wearing basic black or taupe as she has tended to do. I do fear (not too much, as too much fear over things like this is stupid) that she'll go towards frumpiness as she gets older- which, to be honest, would accentuate her wrinkles and make her appear to have many (which, if you've seen pictures of her without makeup, she has quite a few- but, she's a 47 year old smoker- that's what the devil sticks will do to you) Ok, seems like I'm getting much too long winded for my own good, so, I think I'll now take a deep breath and search my apartment for my inner zen. Love, peace, and rich husbands to all, Grecka

Originally posted by Portuguese Member@Jun 25th, 2004 - 6:46 am
Hi!

I wouldn't call it a "faux pas" but I think she looked quite messy at the wedding cerimony in Spain.

She looked absolutely (she even won Hola's competition) ravissant at the dinner the night before, but for the wedding she looked as she had picked the first thing from her closet. (Her hair, the way she hided below her hat, her almost washed out face :wacko: )

I would say 90% of time she looks very elegant. But I miss her happy look with the first husband. It was a happiness that made her glow above the dresses the make-up...

Regards,

Portuguese_Member
I agree. Some one named her the best/worst dressed at the wedding. By far the best dressed the night before and one of the worst on the day of.

The dress that she wore to the Danish wedding was not black but a very dark blue.

Grecka, I had to laugh at your closing - "Love, peace, and rich husbands to all". :p

That wasn't me, that was my mother's spirit channelling through me. (by the way, she's not dead, she's just back in new Jersey- land of a thousand smells)

Over the years .. I have seen Caroline - like with that stringy black and white creation, and at the Spanish wedding - with the occasional outfit that just doesn't seem to 'fit' some-how ...

let us imagine ourselves ;) in her stead, and wring our hands just a bit .....

"...oh, but I've been with Chanel? for years on end, and its only just now that .... tis deesgusting talking abou' thees contract stuff.... dat I em getting a break on ze dresses. You tink, maybe zey are ... how you say .... ripping me off?"

I think it´s great to never make a "faux pas"...in my opinion it´s ridicoulous to make it.
Anyway a princess must look like a princess...

The dress she wore at the Rose Ball in 1998 still remains among my favourites. Red is the colour that suits her best!

Ciao bellissimi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom