Royal Ascot 3: 2019 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I noticed the Sheikh of Dubai on several photos too, with the duke and duchess of Cambridge but without Pss Haya. Haya did attend last year's Ascot races but she has not been seen [in public] for months.

This is not the place to talk about this, but this is no good news. Not after what happened with Mary Robinson and Sheikha Latifah.

Eugenie's mustard coloured hat was a hard one to pull off with the teal dress, it was unfortunate that the tailoring of the bodice was not as good as it should have been.
I agree about the bodice darts - what was the designer thinking?:shock: As far as the mustard hat, the dress itself has a mustard stripe running down the left side, amidst the pleats. That stripe doesn't show in most of the photos I've seen, but it's there.

Last edited:
Lord and Lady Fermoy, Diana’s grandparents side of the family, will be in the carriage procession today.

And I thought I'd see it all. The hands down winner for a hat on Ladies Day at Royal Ascot has got to be that brave woman that stacked books into a hat!

As much as I love reading and all my books, I don't think I'll ever attempt to actually wear them. :D

Since it appears that QEII is wearing blue for the third day in a row, I wonder what that is doing to the betting on her hat color?

Since it appears that QEII is wearing blue for the third day in a row, I wonder what that is doing to the betting on her hat color?

Given all the other ladies in blue on the first day (and beyond, for some...) it makes me wonder if the Queen didn’t put out word that she’d decided to have a totally blue Ascot this year and invited others to join in. Could the color have some sentimental meaning in the family tied to some anniversary that’s going on now or something? Because this has been a LOT of blue!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Given the family's not too brilliant track-record of missing princesses, I hope that Princess Haya genuinely has an illness (in the nicest way possible) and that there isn't a bigger reason as to why she wasn't present at Ascot this year. It feels strange not seeing her there!

Gabriella and Tom are a lovely couple. I always enjoy seeing them together.

I like that each of the Queen's children and (most) of their (grown up) children have all had a day in the carriage procession

Day 1 - Charles & Camilla Andrew Anne Sophie & Edward William & Kate
Beatrice & Eugenie

Day 2 - Charles & Camilla

Day 3 - Anne & Tim Andrew Eugenie Zara & Mike Peter & Autumn

So all but Harry and Meghan and Louise and James have taken part, giving this Royal Ascot a real family feel in addition to all the usual family members attending not in the procession.

Louise and James are still school children and so would be at school every day so far. The only day they could attend would be Saturday.

Harry and Meghan could attend either Friday or Saturday or not at all.

It isn't an official engagement for any of them - other then the Queen. If they don't enjoy the races they don't have to go.

I think everybody was very well dressed today….

I like Thomas's top hap. He looks much younger than his age of forty.

I like the fact that Lord and Lady Fermoy participated in the carriage procession.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the fact that Lord and Lady Fermoy participated in the carriage procession.

Yeah, me too. I haven’t heard anything thing about the Fermoy’s in a very long time. They’re very good friends of the royal family.

My favourite day of royal race day fashion this year so far.
I love the clear sea tones on Anne and the deeper teals and blues on the younger women.
The Queen in the nearly lilac grey is very chic with her gold trim.
Love the way all ladies seem to go all out when attending Ladies Day.

That is a huge smile on Her Majesties face in the carriage with the umbrella. Perhaps she is thinking a wet track will suit her horse.

Lovely to see Lady Helen in the carriage with HM today.

The Queen looks lovely today. Although, the feathers in her hat is annoying her a bit.

Day 4

It is unfortunate that no photos of Lady Carolyn Warren are available. It seems to me that Earl and Countess of Snowdon decided not to attend the races.

Last edited:
Court Circular 18th June:
Windsor Castle
The Queen honoured Ascot Races with her presence today.

Court Circular 19th June:
Windsor Castle

Court Circular 20th June:
Windsor Castle

The Queen is the only one who gets a mention in the CC for Ascot.

A really nice surprise to see Lady Helen riding next to HM today! I missed seeing Beatrice, though perhaps she had other plans today.

Back
Top Bottom