The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2021, 09:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
You are correct about civil suits but you mentioned criminal defamation, and Meghan is not in danger of criminal prosecution. The royal family could sue, but they couldn't prosecute her.

I edited out criminal shortly thereafter, as it was not the right word.

Old 03-07-2021, 09:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I can't see Harry's relationship with his sibling, cousins and other relatives being what it once was after this interview. They might forgive but they won't forget.

He was supposed to be quite close with Eugenie. Eugenie seems to be VERY family oriented. I can’t see this going down well with her.

Old 03-07-2021, 09:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGoalHighDreams View Post
Meghan comparing herself to The Little Mermaid, who loses her voice because she falls in love with a prince.

Oh golly, does this mean they will name their daughter Ariel?
Old 03-07-2021, 09:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Can Beatrice or Eugenie occupy that place? or even the Counts of Wessex and Princess Anne ...
I should have put The Earl and Countess of Wessex and Princess Anne in my post. Thanks for the reminder

Funny enough, I only just watched a Channel 5 documentary on Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie which was released October 2020 (but only recently published on Youtube). One of the commentators actually did speculate that one day Beatrice and Eugenie could step up to the plate. This was given after Prince Philip retired, Harry & Meghan leaving senior working roles and Andrew's role suspended. Hence four working royals out. Hint: This happens towards the end of the documentary

Old 03-07-2021, 09:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Meghan comparing herself to The Little Mermaid, who loses her voice because she falls in love with a prince
Guess who guilted their husband into leaving.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Harry brought out how over 70 MPs spoke out in solidarity against the horrific treatment received in the press but no one member of his family did.....Yikes!
Old 03-07-2021, 09:31 PM
Courtier

Very interesting.

Harry says that the Royal Family is "a very trapping environment that a lot of them are stuck in. They have the mentality of 'this is how it is. We've all been through it. You can't change it.'"

Says what is difference for Meghan was the race element. In other words, the treatment Meghan received was different to the treatment everyone else had endured. Says the family should have showed public support to Meghan. Says Parliament showed support to Meghan but his family did not.

On his family: "That hurts."

Of his family: "How scared they are of the tabloids turning on them."

Says tabloids "control [the family] by fear" and this is the reason the institution survives.
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Quite a whine-fest.

Did anyone else think Meghan's face looked strangely immobile?
[...]
This is really funny, she is now into fairy tales, 'The Little Mermaid" who fell in love with a prince and lost her voice, but it's a happy ending, she gets her voice back at the end.
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC21091968 View Post
I should have put The Earl and Countess of Wessex and Princess Anne in my post. Thanks for the reminder

Funny enough, I only just watched a Channel 5 documentary on Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie which was released October 2020 (but only recently published on Youtube). One of the commentators actually did speculate that one day Beatrice and Eugenie could step up to the plate. This was given after Prince Philip retired, Harry & Meghan leaving senior working roles and Andrew's role suspended. Hence four working royals out.

It would be ironic if this was how Andrew got what he always wanted. Ie a role for his daughters as working royals. But I still think it will mostly be Edward and Sophie that will slot in.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:32 PM
Majesty

I just think: if Diana were alive, which side would she be in this story? it's interesting, but we'll never know.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Scot View Post
So everyone should keep believing that Meghan made Kate cry?

I think Meghan should have shut up period. Not discussed it at all. ALL of this garbage was completely unnecessary. I have no respect for Meghan for giving this interview. None.

And I have no idea if what Meghan said was true at all. I’m sure not inclined to take her word for it. She’s not going to give an interview that makes herself look bad. Why should I take Meghan’s word for anything?
Old 03-07-2021, 09:33 PM
Courtier

Wait, am I dreaming or Harry thinks that his family turned on Meghan, because they thought she was going to be as loved and successful as Diana was?
Aristocracy

Quote:
I just think: if Diana were alive, which side would she be in this story? it's interesting, but we'll never know.
No side. She would have loved both of her sons.
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Ester View Post
This is really funny, she is now into fairy tales, 'The Little Mermaid" who fell in love with a prince and lost her voice, but it's a happy ending, she gets her voice back at the end.
I wonder if she ever read the real fairy tale because that does NOT have a happy ending. The little mermaid actually doesn't get the prince and turns to seafoam.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:34 PM
Majesty

So Harry thought the UK government should provide 24/7 security while his family lived permanently in Canada ? Or did he think that the Canadians should do it?

I wonder how the reaction to that statement will be in Canada.

And how exactly is he safer in California where everybody still knows where he lives and he has no government security either?

Quote:
Meghan comparing herself to The Little Mermaid, who loses her voice because she falls in love with a prince.

That particular fairy tale didn't end well, did it?
Old 03-07-2021, 09:34 PM
Courtier

Diana became an 'outsider' I think she would sympathize with the Sussexes. Diana even contemplated buying a home in California.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Seriously? Meghan does have a flair for the dramatic. I’m just rolling my eyes reading this.

Thanks to people who are watching. I never could have sat through this.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I don't think the palace should respond. They would only be giving more prominence to Harry and Meghan. It is best for BRF to ignore this interview.
I agree. The palace should totally ignore this. If they give an unprecedented response, that will give Meghan more fuel, which is what she wants. I saw a few comments where it was speculated about this playing on the ignorance of the American people. It does not matter one bit what the American people think (and I am American). It only matters what the people of the UK think about the Royal Family.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
I agree. Diana regretted her Panamora interview and Charles regretted his with Jonathan Dimbleby. Too bad Harry didn't think of that when he talks about history repeating itself.

Neither Harry nor Meghan seem to think long term before doing anything.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:36 PM
Aristocracy

Harry admitting he would NOT step back if not for Meghan.

THERE IT IS!

Closed Thread