The Duke & Duchess of Sussex with Oprah III - Post-Interview, March 9th 2021 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is correct that they have passed over e mails to Omid Scobie they have hit an unbelievable low. her pal appeared on morning tv the other day, saying nothing much until at the end she did mention there were emails that proved everything although I picked it up as being the request for help with mental health issues.
There is a pattern here again of behaviour, the interview with Tom Bradbury , which he followed up with mention of big interviews and books, which have happened, on the tv the other day the mention of e mails and would you believe it Omid has e mails. Demanding privacy on one hand but divulging private e mails on the other.

They have the cheek to talk about privacy, sued about articles and letters.
Meghan is obsessed with Kate.
I am now beginning to think that these are all threats via the media, about what they are going to do next.
Give us what we want or else.

I feel that this is it exactly. I think that Meghan saying that a member of the Royal Family wondered about the color of Archie's skin, and then refusing to say who, is an "implied threat" to hold over their heads so that they can get what they want. I don't think holding a threat over the Queen's head is going to work. Also, I find it interesting that as litigious as they are, they have not sued The Times over their article about her alleged bullying of her staff.

I have read part of Omid Scobies article, can Meghan and Harry go any lower, they obviously can.
I struggle to believe that this is what Harry wants.
He is allowing his grandmothers reign of nearly70 years to be destroyed I cannot see a way back from this.
She is devoted to the Commonwealth and he does this to her.
I didn't agree with them losing their titles but now, I am not so sure.

I am reminded of Meghan's half brother's open letter to Harry telling him he did not need to marry Meghan, particularly this sentence: "Its [sic] very apparent that her tiny bit of Hollywood fame has gone to her head, changing her into a jaded, shallow, conceited women [sic] that will make a joke of you and the royal family heritage."

And now Scobie has access to the emails. There can really be no doubt anymore that they provided all the scoop for his book. Is there anyone in their circle with a clear head? With the ability to tell them to stop and think about their actions? It's starting to look vindictive. I'm beginning to wonder how much of the rift in the Markle family wasn't Meghan's fault.

I think we’re way past STARTING to look vindictive. This is vindictive.

I see Meghan and her relationship with the Markle’s very differently now. I’ll leave it at that.

I think the Sussexes are surrounding themselves with yes- people. So I would say clear, level headed thinking is out. Anyone with sense would at the very least point out how absurd it is to preach kindness and compassion in their foundation and do something like this. And then to keep on mowing the family over AFTER they’d had their supposed one and only say.

In fact- my guess is the reality is that they never listened to the advice they were given if it was contrary to their own opinion. I’d bet that a big part of their failure lies at their inability to LISTEN.

And now Scobie has access to the emails. There can really be no doubt anymore that they provided all the scoop for his book. Is there anyone in their circle with a clear head? With the ability to tell them to stop and think about their actions? It's starting to look vindictive. I'm beginning to wonder how much of the rift in the Markle family wasn't Meghan's fault.

Oh, but wait. I thought they said they were finished talking after this interview :whistling:

I am reminded of Meghan's half brother's open letter to Harry telling him he did not need to marry Meghan, particularly this sentence: "Its [sic] very apparent that her tiny bit of Hollywood fame has gone to her head, changing her into a jaded, shallow, conceited women [sic] that will make a joke of you and the royal family heritage."

Dang. That was accurate. And Harry stands there and helps her do it.

Since I have nothing better to do (thanks unemployment) I am following this story on various different forums. Something interesting that is being mentioned is that H&M are in serious financial difficulties. They’ve run out of whatever they got from Netflix as seed money (as much as $10 Million USD) and Spotify with no monies to produce the content they need to sell these platforms to get more money. COVID-19 has hurt the launch of their “brand” and they’re fast losing whatever relevancy they has and are now trying to get the RF to cover their bills- through whatever means necessary.

I don’t know how true that is, because if they were seriously about to go out on the streets, I have no doubt that Charles would step up.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14301228/meghan-harry-warned-bbc-impartial-oprah-interview/

I am lost for words :eek::eek::eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I have nothing better to do (thanks unemployment) I am following this story on various different forums. Something interesting that is being mentioned is that H&M are in serious financial difficulties. They’ve run out of whatever they got from Netflix as seed money (as much as $10 Million USD) and Spotify with no monies to produce the content they need to sell these platforms to get more money. COVID-19 has hurt the launch of their “brand” and they’re fast losing whatever relevancy they has and are now trying to get the RF to cover their bills- through whatever means necessary.

I don’t know how true that is, because if they were seriously about to go out on the streets, I have no doubt that Charles would step up.

I thought they got millions from Netflix and Spotify.
If they have no money Harry is toast she will move on to the next one.
Oh my God she thought Harry was loaded, compared to ordinary Joe Bloggs he is but not compared to what William will inherit.

Interesting, but I hope they are not that irresponsible. If they ran into financial difficulties, I'm sure that Charles would ensure their safety, which would mean a secure home. Of course, they would have to sell their house with the chicken coop.

They are absolutely trying to do as much damage as possibilities to the BRF. If not destroy it. Who does that to their family? I don’t understand why anyone would defend Meghan and Harry’s behavior and make accusations towards the BRF without any consideration that there is a whole other side to this story. All these stupid “woke” celebrities, politicians and media mouth pieces are jumping on The race wagon and going after the BRF and Harry and Meghan are perfectly happy to watch and help it along.

I am absolutely disgusted.

I initially ignored reading the articles, since there were from the tabloids until I saw that The Telegraph has published an article about Meghan's staff criticising the BBC for using "middle-aged white men".

Duchess of Sussex's staff criticised BBC for using 'three middle-aged white men' to discuss race
An email was sent to the corporation after guests on the Today programme reflected on alleged racism within the Royal family
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...Echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1615492966

Apparently, according to some reports, Meghan herself launched a complaint to ITV following Piers Morgan's comment. This kind of explain why ITV did not persuade Piers Morgan to come back and stop him from resigning.

Meghan Markle Made a Formal Complaint to ITV About Piers Morgan
T&C understands that Meghan contacted ITV personally and it is the first time that she has done so.
https://www.townandcountrymag.com/s...155/meghan-markle-itv-piers-morgan-complaint/

A lot of free speech activists and those on the political right have criticised behaviour for effectively trying to influence the media. The term "cancel culture" has resurfaced again, especially when progressives tried to pressure institutions to sack their employee for not supporting or even agreeing with Meghan. Society of Editors Executive Director, Ian Murray resigned after his comment caused some upset amongst "160 journalists of colour and the editors of the Guardian, Financial Times and HuffPost UK previously issued statements saying they did not agree with the Society of Editor's position". Notice how these publications are all left leaning. The Society of Editors' position is not even controversial in fact reflect some posters' opinion here:

It was "not acceptable" for the couple to make claims of racism in the press "without supporting evidence"

Society of Editors executive director Ian Murray resigns after defending UK press over Meghan row
A number of editors condemned the society after it had said it was "not acceptable" for Meghan to claim racism without "evidence".
https://news.sky.com/story/society-...r-defending-uk-press-over-meghan-row-12242242

Here is the full statement from Society of Editors. I personally do not find the passage racist at all and I'm an ethnic minority who is sick of identity politics or when race is drag in to every single argument. Ian Murrary is entitled to his opinion and should not have resigned because of outrage from progressive left leaning media

UK media not bigoted: SoE responds to Sussexes’ claims of racism
https://www.societyofeditors.org/so...ed-soe-responds-to-sussexes-claims-of-racism/

Meghan herself has campaigned for the decolonisation of curriculum in the past as senior working royals and criticised "male, pale and stale". So it's not surprising that her staff has criticised the BBC of having three middle aged white men discussing racism. Personally, that is just race, age and gender discrimination (similar to the pejorative "gammon"). What if it's the other way round? There would be absolute outrage.

‘Oh my God’ — Meghan takes aim at male, pale and stale universities
The duchess is urging students to question ‘antiquated’ teaching and to push for more diversity among staff
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...at-male-pale-and-stale-universities-p8znzs5gl

Meghan Markle Reportedly Supports a Campaign for More Diversity in British Universities
The duchess was apparently shocked by the lack of women and people of color in professorial roles.
https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celeb...arkle-supports-education-diversity-acu-visit/

It's not hard deduce why most Conservative Party politicians and members dislike Meghan, given that they are strong critics of identity politics, critical race theory and quotas (positive discrimination). And let's not forget airing family dispute in public :cool:

Last edited:
I feel that this is it exactly. I think that Meghan saying that a member of the Royal Family wondered about the color of Archie's skin, and then refusing to say who, is an "implied threat" to hold over their heads so that they can get what they want. I don't think holding a threat over the Queen's head is going to work. Also, I find it interesting that as litigious as they are, they have not sued The Times over their article about her alleged bullying of her staff.

I have thought that as well. Anything is possible with these two after what we have seen this week. They are truly unbelievable.

Just think of all the money that have gone through with all these lawsuits they have launched against the media. If they are running low on money, there is a chunk of it gone right there.

Interesting, but I hope they are not that irresponsible. If they ran into financial difficulties, I'm sure that Charles would ensure their safety, which would mean a secure home. Of course, they would have to sell their house with the chicken coop.

Why should Charles do anything for them after what they have done? How could anyone not understand what these two have brought down on the BRF and expect it of him?

Why should Charles do anything for them after what they have done? How could anyone not understand what these two have brought down on the BRF and expect it of him?

I understand your frustration and I am sure Charles is quite angry and upset, but I think Charles deeply loves Harry and would always be there, regardless of how angry he is. He strongly believes in second chances, that is what the Prince's Trust is built on. Also, I strongly believe that Harry were broke, Charles would ensure his grandchildren have the security they need no matter how much Harry hurts him.

Considering Meghan believes there were racist attitudes towards her and her son, her mental health was ignored she appears to be more concerned with trashing Kate over a flower girls dress.

I initially ignored reading the articles, since there were from the tabloids until I saw that The Telegraph has published an article about Meghan's staff criticising the BBC for using "middle-aged white men".

Duchess of Sussex's staff criticised BBC for using 'three middle-aged white men' to discuss race
An email was sent to the corporation after guests on the Today programme reflected on alleged racism within the Royal family
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...Echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1615492966
Interesting. I wonder if Meghan is aware that Harry is a middle-aged white man.

I think Meghan and Harry are forgetting one thing in all of this vindictiveness... "The Crown always wins." They aren't the Crown. They won't win.

Interesting. I wonder if Meghan is aware that Harry is a middle-aged white man.

A white man married to a bi-racial woman. With a biracial son.

It boggles my mind in the 21st century that people don't grasp the difference.

I am sorry if you are a white person, you don't have a personal perspective on racism. Being married to someone of a different race, you experience a lot of criticism, staring and comments about 'keeping it in your race'. Harry definitely experiences racism through being with his wife and son. He will see what they face in society. Having a sister and several friends who are in mixed raced marriages I can tell you the stigma of 'mixing races' is still alive and well for many people in today's society.

Having white men commenting on what black people experience in society :ermm:

One could hope they could at least throw in some diversity when talking about racism in society. Instead they come off as 'white people trying to explain what isn't racist to minorities'.

Interesting Melanie McDonagh take, through a Diana lens: https://archive.ph/snrmO
However – how to put this? – what came across from Diana’s account of herself (admittedly when she was at a low ebb), is that she was truthful in saying how badly, or insensitively, she was treated. Her aloneness prior to her wedding, her husband’s undemonstrativeness, brusqueness and infidelity, her steep learning curve in the position in which she found herself so soon after her 20th birthday, her self-harm and emotional fragility; all that rang true because it was true.
Much of her daughter-in-law’s account of her victim status to Oprah does not.

I am sorry if you are a white person, you don't have a personal perspective on racism. Being married to someone of a different race, you experience a lot of criticism, staring and comments about 'keeping it in your race'. Harry definitely experiences racism through being with his wife and son. He will see what they face in society. Having a sister and several friends who are in mixed raced marriages I can tell you the stigma of 'mixing races' is still alive and well for many people in today's society.

One could hope they could at least throw in some diversity when talking about racism in society. Instead they come off as 'white people trying to explain what isn't racist to minorities'.

I'm sorry that I have to disagree with you

I'm an ethnic minority women and I dislike the idea that only certain ethnic groups can discuss about racism. It's simply exclusion and discrimination based on race. It's very patronising and condescending to suggest that only people from my ethnicity (but not those with European descent) can represent me. I am capable to form my own opinions and do not need special treatment on the basis of race.

I believe in best people for the job/role not based on box ticking quota exercise. And on the subject of diversity, may be we should focus on diversity of opinions not physical characteristics.

And this applies to men discussing women's issues or women discussing about men's issues. It should be about diversity of thoughts.

Last edited:

How do you know that none of the commentators are married to people of color? Also, race isn't just about Black and White, there are people of many nationalities in the UK.

I understand your frustration and I am sure Charles is quite angry and upset, but I think Charles deeply loves Harry and would always be there, regardless of how angry he is. He strongly believes in second chances, that is what the Prince's Trust is built on. Also, I strongly believe that Harry were broke, Charles would ensure his grandchildren have the security they need no matter how much Harry hurts him.

According to Harry, Charles stopped taking his calls some time ago and cut off support. If this is true, then Harry has already pushed Charles to a very stressful point that he had to draw a line and step away. So, do you really think that the humiliation and serious accusations that Harry and his wife dropped on the Royal Family in front of millions of people around the worlddeserves to be rewarded and financial support reestablished?

There is love, and then there is self preservation. Harry needs.to be dealt with in a very serious manner and held responsible for the damage he and his wife have done. Not coddled, patted on the head and given an allowance.

According to Harry, Charles stopped taking his calls some time ago and cut off support. If this is true, then Harry has already pushed Charles to a very stressful point that he had to draw a line and step away. So, do you really think that the humiliation and serious accusations that Harry and his wife dropped on the Royal Family in front of millions of people around the worlddeserves to be rewarded and financial support reestablished?

There is love, and then there is self preservation. Harry needs.to be dealt with in a very serious manner and held responsible for the damage he and his wife have done. Not coddled, patted on the head and given an allowance.

I am not saying that Harry deserves support from his father. I could be mistaken but I think that Charles, like most parents, loves his son regardless. That doesn't mean that he will ever fully trust him again, but I feel that if Harry really needed him, he would be there. The Queen seems ready to be there.

I am not saying that Harry deserves support from his father. I could be mistaken but I think that Charles, like most parents, loves his son regardless. That doesn't mean that he will ever fully trust him again, but I feel that if Harry really needed him, he would be there. The Queen seems ready to be there.

The only "being there" that Charles (or The Queen) should provide is a list of recommendations/suggestions on how HARRY can resolve his financial difficulties (if, indeed, there are any): sell the mansion, scale back security, rein in the wardrobe/household expenditures, etc. The Bank of Charles should remain closed.

By the way, here in Florida, there are a number of very nice, beach-front mansions available -- at about 1/10th of what they paid for their current home. :flowers:

The only "being there" that Charles (or The Queen) should provide is a list of recommendations/suggestions on how HARRY can resolve his financial difficulties (if, indeed, there are any): sell the mansion, scale back security, rein in the wardrobe/household expenditures, etc. The Bank of Charles should remain closed.

By the way, here in Florida, there are a number of very nice, beach-front mansions available -- at about 1/10th of what they paid for their current home. :flowers:

At 1/10th of the cost, they are still too rich for my blood.

The story about Meghan making Catherine cry was incorrect and factually wrong. Catherine using botox is an extremely personal issue. One warranted a statement, the other didn't.
Well, we don't know that. Meghan could have simply lied about that, the same way she lied about their "wedding before the wedding". Or maybe BOTH of them cried. It's quite interesting that the journalist who wrote the initial artcile as well as their sources are still standing by the original article. So perhaps there are two sides to this story :flowers:
And when a place of business is trying to use a member of the royal family to promote their services, it quite certainly warrants a statement.
It is interesting, isn't it? No problem with suing the Daily Mail for the letter, no problem writing to the ITV about Pierse Morgan, but not even a word of complaint about The Times? Though it's not surprising at the slightest. The Times is not a tabloid. Even when someone would have brought up to them the allegations of bullying by the Sussexes, they would have done their research on the subject.
I don't have any doubt that Charles loves Harry and will help him and his family if they get into trouble... on Charles' own terms. Yes, he's the Prince of Wales, yes, he's the future king, yes, he's rich... but he's not "mansion with 16 bathrooms in California for my youngest son" rich. So while I'm sure he would offer help, it would come with strings. And since we're living in an example of what happens when the Sussexes are not getting exactly what they want exactly how they want it, I doubt this help would be appreciated or accepted.

Even in California you could find something in Los Angeles or Ventura County featuring security, pool, guest home, acreage for privacy and in a reasonable distance to the ocean at half the reported price for their new home. They didn't have to settle in very pricey Montecito.

We don’t know what the Queen feels at this point. Of course she loves Harry and of course Charles does too, but Harry is consumed with Meghan and their mutual ambitions and as we have all witnessed they will do whatever it takes to get what they want regardless of the costs to others. It is extremely disturbing and if they did t know what they were dealing with before, I would hope they do now and will proceed with an abundance of caution because they can never be trusted after this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom