The Duke & Duchess of Sussex with Oprah II - Interview, March 7th-9th 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC is making out Meghan said the rules over titles were changed while she was pregnant - that can not be right??!
No, it's not. If any rules would change, a new LPs would have to be published and that's public knowledge.

So did she really claim the Palace didn't want her to go out and see her friends because she would be all over the media and overshadow other members of the RF?

Thanks Fem, I actually meant Meghan can not really be claiming that? Surely that is such a lie that is so clearly a lie she wouldn't think it would stick?

Harry publicly admitted that he was seeing a mental health professional to cope with his grief and issues. And now his wife wants us to believe her the BRF did not let her to see anyone when she was having suicidal thoughts while pregnant.

Sure, Jan.

:previous: Agreed. This is very difficult to believe that Meghan would have been denied access to mental healthcare professionals especially since Prince Harry has gone on record to state that he had been receiving care. Also Harry's mother had the opportunity to seek care as well.

I understand that Meghan wants to share "her truth" but some of the statements that she's making are incredible.

She did state at one point that Archie & the other Sussex children will become prince/princesses once Charles becomes king and mentioned what she called the "George V or VI protocols." But that seemed to go right by Oprah who questioned whether Archie's skin color was part of the reason for his lack of a title. The conversation went on so long I had a hard time keeping up and can't remember all the questions & answers. She was very concerned with the fact that without a title Archie was not entitled to security.

Archie would not be entitled to security with a title either. Beatrice and Eugenie are Princesses and don't have security. Archie, as the first child of the "spare" is actually in the same position as Beatrice. It's disgusting of her to imply that he would not get security because of his skin colour and that he is being treated differently than the rest of the family. Meghan certainly knows that Beatrice and Eugenie do not have security.

Harry publicly admitted that he was seeing a mental health professional to cope with his grief and issues. And now his wife wants us to believe her the BRF did not let her to see anyone when she was having suicidal thoughts while pregnant.

She would essentially have us believe she was kidnapped- she did not have her passport, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank you, that's what I thought. Her story rings so false in that light.

Probably both. It is plausible. There has never been a senior member of the royal family who has been a person of color. They core family doesn't have any multicultural experience.
Think of all the things the DofE has said in the past.
Are we seriously supposed to believe that a member of the RF did not know that Harry married to a biracial woman, might have a child with a darker skin tone? Or are they implying that said member thought that Meghan and Harry had control of what their child’s skin tone would be?

She is now getting into dangerous territory as far as defamation law is concerned if her story about the Palace's reaction to her suicidal thoughts proves to be untrue.

She also claimed she was essentially kept in home arrest.

Last edited:
The fact she made the comment "It would be damaging to them" like that isn't a damaging comment. :ermm:

I honestly can't see how the BRF can't come out and comment on some of what has been said. I don't think there's any coming back from this for H&M. I feel really bad because I think this just tears the family apart for good.

Last edited:
Thanks all for the comments. I would have wanted to see if her acting deserves an award, maybe later.

I'm a nobody and I would like to think that if tomorrow someone offers me fame to be followed by fortune if only I'd air my family's problems on primetime TV, I would have the class to say no...

Meghan keeps calling the Royal Family "they" in a very derogatory way, I find that really obnoxious to call your in-laws "they",
Now, I am very curious about what Harry will say.

I honestly can't see how the BRF can't come out and comment on some of what has been said.

They will not say anything, they will ignore the entire episode.

Thanks Fem, I actually meant Meghan can not really be claiming that? Surely that is such a lie that is so clearly a lie she wouldn't think it would stick?

She also claimed she and Harry were married twice (the first time by the Archbishop of Canterbury three days before their actual wedding).

Archie would not be entitled to security with a title either. Beatrice and Eugenie are Princesses and don't have security. Archie, as the first child of the "spare" is actually in the same position as Beatrice. It's disgusting of her to imply that he would not get security because of his skin colour and that he is being treated differently than the rest of the family. Meghan certainly knows that Beatrice and Eugenie do not have security.

True and neither do their younger cousins Louise and James. Security has been scaled back for the Gloucesters and Kents to only when they are performing official duties.

I honestly can't see how the BRF can't come out and comment on some of what has been said.

I think they will have to refute some bits - the title especially- which is seems Meghan is lying out (mistaken if we want to be kind).

And also Savannah Phillips, Isla Phillips, Mia Tindall, Lena Tindall, August Brooksbank and Baby Tindall do not have royal or even noble title either, despite all being great-grandchildren of The Queen. August Brooksbank is also the son of a princess. It's all under 1917's Letter Patent and 2012's amendment, it's nothing to do with race. These royal great-grandchildren are not the children of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales (The Duke of Cambridge), hence they are not style as HRH Princes/Princesses.

Even Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie, Lady Louise Windsor and James, Viscount Severn do not have royal security, despite they are legally HRH Princes/Princesses

Last edited:
BBC is making out Meghan said the rules over titles were changed while she was pregnant - that can not be right??!

I'm not sure - the whole conversation about Archie's lack of title went on and on in circles - Oprah seemed to be obsessed by it, especially whether or not his skin color played a part. Meghan knew he would not become a prince until Charles becomes king. I *think* Meghan said there was a discussion about changing the rules while she was pregnant.

The Duke & Duchess of Sussex - Interview with Oprah March 2021

The fact she made the comment "It would be damaging to them" like that isn't a damaging comment. :ermm:

Exactly. It is damaging period just that she said it. Meghan is throwing the whole family under the bus. Over and over again. Just the fact that she’s telling all these stories about Kate, skin tone, the psychiatrist, etc.

This interview is horrible from what I’m reading.

I honestly can't see how the BRF can't come out and comment on some of what has been said. I don't think there's any coming back from this for H&M. I feel really bad because I think this just tears the family apart for good.
I kind of want to go back and count how many times I was told that this interview will not change anything and the family will not be mad, that they will welcome the Sussexes with open arms. Yeah, I highly doubt that :whistling:

BRF is in a tough spot. Tbh it's not a good idea to comment and not a good idea to not comment.

I think they will have to refute some bits - the title especially- which is seems Meghan is lying out (mistaken if we want to be kind).

Yes, I think they have to refute that bit at least.

I don't think there's any chance of Harry and William repairing their relationship, at all following this. Ever.

Security is based on threat assessment, if ISIS made Zara Tindall their target she would be protected. Likewise many with HRH don't have police protection or vastly differing degrees of it - W&K get much more protection than Anne, Edward and Sophie who in turn get much more than the Kents and Gloucesters yet all are HRH while Beatrice and Eugenie have no official police protection anymore.

But I remember Robert Jobson on a tv show after Archie was born, and the hosts were sayiing something about Archie looking like Harry. And Robert Jobson said, "Thank God!"

That is an available video to search for. I saw it on YouTube.

Can you provide the link to this video, or to an article describing it?

So Meghan wants Archie to have a title for security. Meghan wants the privileges but she doesn't want the obligations?

Much of this is very clearly untrue - it does not seem to matter.

I don't think there's any chance of Harry and William repairing their relationship, at all following this. Ever.

Totally agree. It's damaged forever. And it's sad he let a woman come between he/his family.

I don't care what anyone says: They should act to remove their titles and remove Harry from the line of succession.

It is widely known that Charles has plans for a more scaled down monarchy when he becomes King.

It makes sense that Charles insists that Archie not get a title now and in the future.

Well he got his scaled down monarchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom