The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2021, 02:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
I agree to an extent but Oprah also knows the professional victim mentality. If there’s backlash from the interview, this couple will give a few more interview blaming Oprah— which is what Oprah won’t want. She’s already in enough trouble for not being supportive enough of her fellow blacks
Interesting and yes Oprah certainly is savvy enough to ensure via editing etc..that she come out looking good as well. She's worked too long and too hard to let anyone damage her image and influence.

Old 02-21-2021, 02:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
If HMQ or the PoW had come out publicly against Harry and Meghan's marriage they wouid have been branded as racists around the world. The condemnation would have been immediate and unforgiving. The entire BRF would have been "cancelled" on Social Media.

I am 100% convinced of this. And I say it as a WOC.

The die was cast the day that TV starlet (I forget her name) introduced Harry to Meghan. There was no turning back.
100 % agree on the cancel culture but look at it now. People are still implying the reason they left is because of racism. If you look up Prince William and Kate racism there's so many comments online without any proof.

Clearly though they should have approved it. No one knew what would happen but let's say Meghan had ulterior motive no one would know.

Old 02-21-2021, 02:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
Her presence was very fake I thought as was the presence of a lot of other celebs. I read that Harry really wanted to attend Lady Gabriella Windsor's wedding because he and William had been close to her and her brother growing up yet LG, among others in the family, was not invited to H's wedding while people like Oprah were. I definitely saw Meghan's hand in that and I also believe she never intended to stay in the UK after the wedding. I think the UK press played straight into her hands with criticising her a lot as it gave her the perfect excuse to go.
I found the Clooneys presence at the Sussex wedding equally "fake". I find George charming and his wife elegant beyond belief. But why did they make it a point to be there for Harry/Meghan nuptials but turned down their invitations for Jack/Eugenie a few months later?

Jack after all is George's employee...a brand ambassador for Casamigos tequila, founded by none other than Clooney himself. It would have made perfect sense for him to be there.

But then again...Eugenie and Jack are not as high profile as Harry and Meghan...nor was their wedding quite the "happening" that the Sussexes was.

I truly loathe celebrity culture.:

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 02-21-2021, 02:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I found the Clooneys presence at the Sussex wedding equally "fake". I find George charming and his wife elegant beyond belief. But why did they make it a point to be there for Harry/Meghan nuptials but turned down their invitations for Jack/Eugenie a few months later?

Jack after all is George's employee...a brand ambassador for Casamigos tequila, founded by none other than Clooney himself. It would have made perfect sense for him to be there.

But then again...Eugenie and Jack are not as high profile as Harry and Meghan...nor was their wedding quite the "happening" that the Sussexes was.
Jack isn't George Clooney's employee anymore. George Clooney, Rande Gerber and Mike Meldman sold Casamigos already in 2017 to Diageo.
George Clooney’s Tequila Company Sold for Up to $1 Billion - The New York Times
Old 02-21-2021, 02:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess_Watcher View Post
If I married into the Royal family, I would never want my husband to leave what he has always known. His family, his town, his duties, patronages and more. I would opt out if I had a problem but I would never move him away. But that's just me. It seems like Harry left everything behind and Meghan hasn't.

I am sure Chelsy and Cressida loved Harry but they didn't want to be in the institution and didn't want him to leave so they chose to move on.
I think he wanted to leave. Harry may be stubborn and if she tried to encourage him to stay he would not listen. I think Chelsy loved Harry and considers him a friend now. He may have confided in her about how he felt--she'll never tell. He apparently was very fond of her family in South Africa and they were a support group to him. Meghan and Harry are both in a New World for them. I truly hope they do well in charity work.
Old 02-21-2021, 02:57 PM
Courtier

No one knew who Meghan Markle was, the series of Suits wasn't that great, or it would not be cancelled. I watched about 30 min. of it and lost interest. The engagement and marriage to Harry gave her the fame she so craved. She was a so so actress not really noticed by anyone, she wanted to be an A Lister what ever that means in their field. For me an A Lister is way something else, but prancing around in super low cut dresses and making stupid Statements?. Harry to me is a disappointment, I believe Diana would not be happy with him either. Putting all his problems and the blame on his mothers death for it won't cut it anymore. Meghan wanted fame she got it this way, she was not happy in the UK, so blame it on her being biracial, any excuse is better then admitting that all she wanted is fame and money she could not get it any other way. If the RF is such a disappointment to her ditch the HRH and the Dss, since she was not born with it anyway, but NO she wants that. I really hate to say this, but all the negativity which is said by her sister and father about her has a ring of trues to it??. For Oprah, she Meghan is a money maker and Harry is a side product like a little puppy being let by the nose. As long as Oprah's show was about the audience being the main factor the show was good, but when she became the VIP and everything was about HER it lost a lot. It seems EGO and GREED is not a good combination. I said it before she would have no problem with the RF as long as Harry would be in Williams place and she would be the next Queen this would be the cherry on the top. This may sound harsh to some , please connect the dots. Harry is in 6th place, he has about as much chance to be King as I have to be an Astronaut. If this sounds harsh to you so be it. I am a Realist and am able to put two plus two together and get four not 5.
Old 02-21-2021, 03:04 PM
Serene Highness

There's a long history of women being blamed for their husbands' decisions. Henrietta Maria. Marie Antoinette. Alexandra Feodorovna. Yoko Ono got blamed for The Beatles splitting up. Victoria Beckham got blamed for David leaving United. I'm not a fan of Meghan, but Harry is a grown man in his mid 30s. Interesting point that the possibility of Harry leaving the Royal Family to marry Chelsy never seems to have come up, though. They could have moved to somewhere in southern Africa, which would have been much more Harry's thing than California (no offence to California).

And I don't think the Queen could have stopped the marriage even if she'd wanted to. Harry would have walked out and married Meghan anyway. Anyone who raises doubts about a relative or friend's choice of partner will find that they usually choose the partner over everyone else.
Old 02-21-2021, 03:08 PM
Aristocracy

Real Countess, 1000000 % every word you said lol. She would not have had any problem staying if Harry was the director and she'd be in Kate's shows (AKA Queen) one day.

Here's how I get suspicious: Meghan claimed she didn't know anything about the Royal Family but she blogged about Kate Middleton. She shut down the blog after she married Harry and people found out about this. She even had a photo outside the Buckingham Palace but claimed she didn't know anything about them (Oh girl come on!)

She could easily say I will no longer be called Duchess of Sussex because I o not want to be Royal. Why are they so hell bent on using the title? Harry should remain HRH Prince Harry but she shouldn't use her title since she chose to leave the UK and go to California. But she loves that darn Duchess of Sussex and she will be eager to have it forever.
Old 02-21-2021, 03:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
I don't get that at all. Princess Angela of Lichtenstein has been around longer. Why not admire her?
Many people don't know where Liechtenstein is, let alone their royal family.
Old 02-21-2021, 03:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy345 View Post
I don't think it will be controversial. Just have a feeling.

I really hope it isn’t controversial, I might be naive but I can’t see what the Royal family did wrong any way,!?...... From what I saw it was the press and her family stirring all the time , am I missing something?
Old 02-21-2021, 03:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy345 View Post
I don't think Harry had any negative reaction to William's higher profile. For one thing it will be years yet before Harry is King and Harry always knew that Wiliam would be the one to be King. I think Harry accepted this long ago. I think though there are some frustrations of "spares". Princess Margaret complained she was not given a better education as she grew up and so forth. With the Oprah interview, I don't think it will be a Dimbleby/Bashir sort of interview. I hope they talk about their charities. I would like to see them talk about their causes. Harry needs to speak up for veterans for instance and continue to be an advocate for them.
I remember reading an article shortly after George or Charlotte was born, which stated that Harry said he only have a few years left before William's kids stole the spotlight from him. I always thought that statement was a bit odd and almost sound passive-aggressive, especially coming from a guy who was supposedly friendly to all children. But then again, we haven't seen pictures of Harry interacting with the Cambridge kids, so Harry might not be as close to the Cambridges as we would like to think.
Old 02-21-2021, 03:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Jack isn't George Clooney's employee anymore. George Clooney, Rande Gerber and Mike Meldman sold Casamigos already in 2017 to Diageo.
George Clooney’s Tequila Company Sold for Up to $1 Billion - The New York Times
Thank you. But Clooney founded the company. His name is forever connected with Casamigos.

He or Amal could have put in an appearance at the Brooksbanks wedding. They just didn't see an opportunity to "see and be seen" like at the Sussexes.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 02-21-2021, 03:43 PM
Courtier

Randy DRX, Andrew said more or less the same thing, saying now that Charles and Diana had their children there would be less pressure on him and he apparently didn't want to be King and the attention would be on the Wales children. It did turn out that Harry and william got more attention than he did. Harry's interactions with the Cambridge children had been kept quiet and not photographed. Harry talked about going to visit them and play with the children. I imagine they wanted some privacy for these times. Similarly there are no pictures of Pippa playing with the Cambridge children and no doubt she's a doting aunt.
Old 02-21-2021, 03:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyDrx View Post
Many people don't know where Liechtenstein is, let alone their royal family.
I certainly know. And I knew of the Princely Family of Liechtenstein long before Angela Brown married in.

I agree with the poster who said Princess Angela is a class act. Among European Royal prlncesses..she is second to none imo.BTW...you don't want to know some of the things said and written about that elegant and accomplished NON White woman when she married her Prince.

It wasn't pretty.

Old 02-21-2021, 03:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Oprah is well versed in these sort of big interviews. For various reasons over lockdown I've ended up watching quite a few of her interviews with big stars and there is a clear pattern to them that many others here have picked up on.

She asks quite pointed questions but always allows the interviewee to get away with quite bland answers. However, the question and the look on their face before they answer are always teased ahead, in reality most of the answers are an anti-climax but still it builds tension throughout when they keep going to break with a "...still to come..." moment. I think H&M will have chosen a few key things to say that aren't actually that horrendous but which will cause hurt - a bit like the "no one has asked me if I'm okay" and "we are on different paths", its not direct criticism of the RF and can be walked back - "I never said the RF were mean I meant the staff never asked if I was okay, the media never checked what they were doing was okay..." for example. It will be enough for Oprah and her team to make it seam a huge deal but H&M know which side their bread is buttered enough not to say "The Queen is a mean old racist who wouldn't give us what we want..."

H&M have much more to lose than Oprah in this - she can say it is her job to ask tough questions or can say "they've already been through enough" if she is said to be too tough / too easy. Charles has already turned down requests for interviews from her in the past and the likelyhood of her interviewing another other member of of the RF is slim to nothing. This is a bit of a swan song and she won't care how H&M look so long as its a ratings hit.
Old 02-21-2021, 03:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
100 % agree on the cancel culture but look at it now. People are still implying the reason they left is because of racism. If you look up Prince William and Kate racism there's so many comments online without any proof. .

According to all polls, William and Kate are among the most popular members of the RF in the UK after only the Queen. Most of the online negativity about them seems to come from Americans who are not citizens of the UK or any other Commonwealth realm (Australia, Canada, etc.) where Elizabeth II is queen. I don't see any reason for concern then.

Prince William has also spoken extensively and in an official capacity against racism in Britain and elsewhere.
Old 02-21-2021, 04:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I remember reading an article shortly after George or Charlotte was born, which stated that Harry said he only have a few years left before William's kids stole the spotlight from him. I always thought that statement was a bit odd and almost sound passive-aggressive, especially coming from a guy who was supposedly friendly to all children. But then again, we haven't seen pictures of Harry interacting with the Cambridge kids, so Harry might not be as close to the Cambridges as we would like to think.

Interesting and I'd forgotten about that comment which I also find a bit sad. I wonder if Oprah will ask Prince Harry about his feelings about what would have been his possible role for the remainder of QEII's reign and the future reigns for Charles and William? What were his thoughts about the future as his nephews and niece would eventually be the focus of attention like he and his brother were before?

I've read that it was reported that Prince Harry didn't care for the most recent four generations photos taken in 2020. It was done for the Royal Legion Christmas Pudding campaign with the Queen, PoW and Duke of Cambridge doing their best to not be splattered by Prince George's enthusiastic stirring.

Now that wasn't the first four generations photo taken as there was the one taken at George's baptism and another when he was about 2 or 3. He was standing on some books as I recall. If what was reported about the 2019 photo true, then I have to wonder if George's uncle had some concerns about those photos too? 2016 https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20...rare-portrait/
Old 02-21-2021, 04:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Ooh I forgot about this comment. We haven't seen him with Charlotte, Louis or Prince George. It's crazy to think that. I really feel bad that the Cambridge kids won't get to know Archie. He may be the forgotten child growing up as Eugenie, Beatrice, William, Zara and Peter's kids all grow up together. Quite sad.

15 years or so from now it's George's wedding day. Will Archie get an invite? Meghan? Harry? He'll have no relationship with his cousin.
Old 02-21-2021, 04:11 PM
Courtier

I think George is too young for dynasty pictures. He needs to be a child and enjoy himself. William I recall had his first dynasty photo when he was a teen. That said, I think Harry does love the Cambridge children and he was making an observation which is true. The Cambridge children will get a lot of attention especially perhaps when they become teenagers.
Old 02-21-2021, 04:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Ooh I forgot about this comment. We haven't seen him with Charlotte, Louis or Prince George. It's crazy to think that. I really feel bad that the Cambridge kids won't get to know Archie. He may be the forgotten child growing up as Eugenie, Beatrice, William, Zara and Peter's kids all grow up together. Quite sad.

15 years or so from now it's George's wedding day. Will Archie get an invite? Meghan? Harry? He'll have no relationship with his cousin.

Yes I find it a bit sad that Archie isn't enjoying time with the younger Phillips, Tindall, and Cambridge kids as at least two of them are very close in age to Archie. Just at the right age to start enjoying a little parallel play and later more fun together. Archie's future sibling would also have two other cousins just the same age as him/her.

As to future wedding invitations from the Wessexes and later the Phillps, Tindalls, Cambridges, Brooksbanks, etc..., I do believe that they'll be issued but we'll have to see if they're accepted.

Closed Thread