Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 10: September - November 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, I had the opposite impression...from the video I thought she looked extremely nervous, looked like she was missing having Felipe by her side and from the way she read her speech she came across as lacking confidence...perhaps it was a bad idea to have her give her speech sitting down as I don´t think this is the best way to project yourself. Practice will make perfect, so hope she has a few more solo outings.

Practice? Letizia is the one princess that came into a royal family with a journalism background and experience as a reporter and tv news anchor. I think she has had her share of practice. Yes, she has not been a current journalist but she appears to me to always be really comfortable when it comes to any form of public speaking.

When I first heard that she was a journalist and former news anchor when their wedding was reported about. I thought lucky for the RF and lucky for Letizia. She has a background in public speaking/communication that can not even begin to compare to other royals(those that have been born royalty and those that have married in).

Yes. But royalty is much more than knowing some good technics to undertake a public speech. If it was this way, I, myself - I have a Communication, periodistical degree- could be a royal and I know I'm not.

Royalty is a kind of magical word. Even if could marry a Royal, I doubt seriously that I could became 100% a Royal. I bet I will not! :D:ROFLMAO:

Vanesa.

i find it quite shameful that 20 minutos decides to put up a video in which in the end you can hear reporters who took photos and filmed saying "how modern does she look with those shoes! yes, obviously, since she doesn't have to pay for them" and other quite cheeky comments. they could at least have ommitted the sound in that part of the video.

It's not only tasteless but blown out of proportion. I mean, what level are we talking about here? These shoes look cheap and ugly and do not look good at all with the suit. What is Letizia thinking when wearing these open toe platform killer heels all the time :eek:. I doubt they were expensive and maybe, just maybe I would understand such a comment if she had worn $1.000 Jimmy Choo's but the shoes she is acutally wearing don't look like too many people would pay a fortune to get hold of them :yuk:

at what time will she receive the award of Oviedo?? is it tonight or during the afternoon???

Thanks for the pics and the video Lula!:flowers:
Letizia looks pretty in white and she has a beautiful voice. I don't like her shoes and the heels are too high. Why does she wear those extremely high heels also when Felipe is not there?:ohmy:
Perhaps because she likes them, like millions of other women (myself included).

at what time will she receive the award of Oviedo?? is it tonight or during the afternoon???
Lula has just opened a thread for this special event!! all pics and comments about this evening should be posted there:flowers:

Perhaps because she likes them, like millions of other women (myself included).
Millions of women wear high heel shoes and look elegant but IN MY OPINION most of Letizia shoes are ugly and, believe it or not, high heel shoes look nicer worn by women with long legs, and that is not only my opinion.
People should wear things that look nice on them, not only because they like them or because they are in fashion,.....if they want to look elegant, of course

A few pastrycooks, natives of Cordoba, create a Princess Letizia of chocolate!
Three months they have inverted to give form to this figure of chocolate that weighs 320 K. The statue, of natural size, reproduces the Princess with Lorenzo Caprile's famous red dress that she used in the dinner of Frederik's wedding.
Antena3

Letizia looks great today! I like the suit she is wearing. But why white? She's worn appropriately colored outfits for autumn for the entire month of October. And then today she shows up looking like Spring has sprung or summer is around the corner. Sorry, it just looks odd to me. It's my own weird issue.

It seems like white is now color you can wear all year. The stores even carry white winter coats!

Millions of women wear high heel shoes and look elegant but IN MY OPINION most of Letizia shoes are ugly and, believe it or not, high heel shoes look nicer worn by women with long legs, and that is not only my opinion.
With all due respect, that is your opinion. It's not a fact.

With all due respect, that is your opinion. It's not a fact.
Yes it is my opinion, that's why I wrote IN MY OPINION in capital letter in my post!
Do you mean that I am not allowed to write my opinion?

You said,
"Millions of women wear high heel shoes and look elegant but IN MY OPINION most of Letizia shoes are ugly and, believe it or not, high heel shoes look nicer worn by women with long legs, and that is not only my opinion"

It sounded like you were trying to imply it was a fact.

You said,
"Millions of women wear high heel shoes and look elegant but IN MY OPINION most of Letizia shoes are ugly and, believe it or not, high heel shoes look nicer worn by women with long legs, and that is not only my opinion"

It sounded like you were trying to imply it was a fact.

I meant, that many people - a lot of shoes stylists included -, say that heels must be proportionate to the lenght of the leg to look nice and elegant, as you probably know it already.
So, it is still an opinion, but not only mine.
THAT' S WHY I WROTE IT IS NOT ONLY MY OPINION!

Last edited:
I love Princess Letizia's choice of shoes!!!! She looks great when she wears high heels. I can't imagine Her without those kind of shoes. POLISH former First Lady ( respected by many people in the world, like Hilary Clinton, Queen Sofia) and admired by many peole for her style ( personaly speaking, I don't like her, but I must say that her sense of style is great) believes that women who wear high heel look very elegant, however she admits that those shoes are very uncomfortable!

I meant, that many people - a lot of shoes stylists included -, say that heels must be proportionate to the lenght of the leg to look nice and elegant, as you probably know it already.
So, it is still an opinion, but not only mine.
THAT' S WHY I WROTE IT IS NOT ONLY MY OPINION!

You don't have to look far. In Hollywood there are many petite celebrities who wear stiletos. To name a few at the top of my head are Reese Witherspoon, Eva Longoria, Jessica Simpson, etc.

I think Princess Letizia looks great! The white suit fits her well. It's interesting to see a white suit after summer...but I guess that 'old belief' is dying away!
I don't get it why some of you hate the shoes she's wearing? Because they're too high? I always thought higher heels look good/better on shorter people, since tall people already have the longer legs and do not need to elongate their figure.

I don't get it either why some have issues with Letizia's high heel shoes. She looked petite next to her Borbon sister-in-laws (just like most women in this world), she didn't look petite at all standing next to the likes of Jane Fonda or Tipper Gore. I always thought high heel shoes suits the medium size women like Letizia the best.

RSC. LA PRINCESA LETIZIA PRESIDIRÁ EL MARTES UNA ENTREGA DE PREMIOS A LA INTEGRACIÓN DE PERSONAS CON SÍNDROME DE DOWN

THE PRINCESS LETIZIA WILL PRESIDE ON TUESDAY AT A DELIVERY OF PRIZES TO THE INTEGRATION OF PERSONS WITH DOWN's SYNDROME

The princess Letizia will preside next Tuesday at an act summoned by the Foundation Down's Syndrome and for the management CEIM of Madrid, in that the prizes will be delivered to the companies distinguished by the collaboration with a project of persons with this disability labour integration.

CEIM

Her Royal Highness the Princess of Asturias presides an act of the Project Stela to support persons with Down's Syndrome

Next November 6 at 21 p.m. in the Racetrack of theZarzuela will take place an act summoned by the Foundation Down's Syndrome of Madrid and for CEIM, Managerial Federation of Madrid, that will be presided by Her Royal Highness the Princess of Asturias and in the one that will do delivery of the prizes to to the companies distinguished by their collaboration with the Project Stela.

To this dinner there is foreseen that there come more than 700 businessmen who collaborate with the Project Stela, which is an initiative promoted by the Foundation Down's Syndrome and which object is the persons with Down's Syndrome and intellectual disability incorporation to a working place, as route for their full social integration. Up to the moment they are more than 90 the young people who have obtained work with this project.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lula, isnt this a huge event for Letizia? I mean over 700 businessman are expected to attened, this is big for her as solo event, but this is intresting

Princess Letizia Ortiz during the XII Dinner of the Stela Businessmen Club, organized by the Spanish Down's Syndrome Federation, at the Zarzuela Hippodrome in Madrid

ANP Beeldbank

Photos terra

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071106/72174dbb6b853g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071106/72174dbba1069g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071106/72174dbb8fe09g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071106/72174dbb951adg.jpg

Princesa dice trabajadores con discapacidad son un ejemplo de perseverancia

Princess says workers with disability are an example of perseverance

The Princess of Asturias has affirmed this night that the workers with intellectual disability or Down's Syndrome are a ' example of perseverance ', as well as a ' example of how one works of efficient and responsible form '.

This way Dona Letizia has expressed during the dinner at that she has presided before more than 800 businessmen on the occasion of the commemoration of the XII anniversary of the creation of the Project Stela, which has obtained the integration of 90 young people with intellectual disability or Down's syndrome in the labour world.

Last edited by a moderator:
letizia seems really confident she has grown into her role as the crown princess and i think she is dong a great ambassador's job for spain

nice outfit

She looks pretty! Wow, seemed like a grand affair...

Her hair and skin are glowing. I thought her skirt was really pretty, it is a shame it wasn't a dress made of the same material as that would have looked great :flowers: Those close up photo's, wow, she is radiant;)

I begin seeing the really Princess Letizia, remind me when She was a Journalist, She was so confident and INTELLIGENT, since she got married, I wanted to see her like that, being by her own. MAGNIFICENT.

Today my dream begin come true.

Her hair and skin are glowing. I thought her skirt was really pretty, it is a shame it wasn't a dress made of the same material as that would have looked great :flowers: Those close up photo's, wow, she is radiant;)

I agree with you. I hope she had worn a dress instead of a T-shirt on top. I think she had gained 1 kilo or 2 during the long weekend (so did Felipe), that had made a big difference on her face (I already noticed yesterday).

On my screen it looks as she is wearing a silk or cashmere two piece top - very elegant. Perfectly suitable for the occassion.

She looks perfect, her smile is beautiful!!. I like so much her outfit today:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom