Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 22: May - June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it is my opinion.

If people are allowed to state that there is love between a couple without giving evidence
then why shouldn't it be allowed to state there is NO love between a couple without giving evidence?

My support is
1. It was an arranged marriage to begin with.
2. Juan Carlos always avoided the word "love" when he spoke about their engagement/wedding.
3. It is well known among Spanish aristocrats that Juan Carlos always had a girl friend beside his wife.
4. Sophia looks like a deeply disappointed woman to me.
And what's about the rumours that she is spending more and more time in London?
5. Felipe always stressed out that HE would marry for love.
In contrast to whom?
Why should he say something like that if his parents had married for love.

Conclusio
There may be mutual respect between those two but no love.
And again, this is MY OPINION.

But I should not have said it's a joke, it's actually no joke.
Sorry for that.

Dr Ricarda Freud, it's your opinion but only an opinion. You are speaking for your thesis without others arguments than gossips, pseudo analysis, and tabloids 's rumors. YOU CAN'T SAID what are the feelings beetwen people in building your affirmations on you single sens of the life. I'm sorry but you have to know, it's a question of experience,that:

1. A man can love his wife and to have, as you say "girl (s ) friend ( s )
2. For the London's living live of the Queen, a question when with her agenda, she can spend "more and more time" in L.
3. For the Felipe's behaviour facing marriage for love, may be it's a little be more complicate that he want that by "contrast ". His own structuration needs to be confident the love total of woman as He had sais in his speech wedding and in others speeches about his aims. If there is " contrast " may be it's also BLOOD CONTRAST, if you see that I want to say !

;;;

adelaide said:
Dr Ricarda Freud, it's your opinion but only an opinion. You are speaking for your thesis without others arguments than gossips, pseudo analysis, and tabloids 's rumors. YOU CAN'T SAID what are the feelings beetwen people in building your affirmations on you single sens of the life. I'm sorry but you have to know, it's a question of experience,that:

1. A man can love his wife and to have, as you say "girl (s ) friend ( s )
2. For the London's living live of the Queen, a question when with her agenda, she can spend "more and more time" in L.
3. For the Felipe's behaviour facing marriage for love, may be it's a little be more complicate that he want that by "contrast ". His own structuration needs to be confident the love total of woman as He had sais in his speech wedding and in others speeches about his aims. If there is " contrast " may be it's also BLOOD CONTRAST, if you see that I want to say !

what wants you to say by BLOOD CONTRAST

http://mercado.segundamano.es/ScriptsB/Editorial.dll/g?PL=0&PU=4&T=0&AP=0&S=0&AR=113071

The Princes of Asturias will visit Alcala this Friday

The Princes of Asturias will visit on Friday Alcala inside their tour along the municipalities of the Community of Madrid, which began last May 16 with their tour for Móstoles and which later took Fuenlabrada to them.

Don Felipe and his wife, dona Letizia will come to the city little before the midday to spend in same the whole day, crossing the neuralgic points of the historical Complutensian hull, declared World Patrimony in 1998, and that every April is visited by his parents, don Juan Carlos and dona Sofía, to deliver the Prize Cervantes of literature. The princes will be accompanied by the regional chairwoman, Esperanza Aguirre, and by the mayor of the city, Bartolomé Gonzalez.

The Town hall will be the first milestone of their visit, which will include also the headquarters of the rectorado of the University of Alcala, San Ildefonso's college, for which courts and Auditorium will do the holding a permit visit that habitually is commanded by pupils of the institution by tourists of by foot. The Auditorium is a well-known room for the father of don Felipe, since it receives every year the ceremony of delivery of the Cervantes.

Lunch in the Inn

After eating in the Inn of the Student, the princes will visit a factory of the municipality, which name had not stayed awake to the closing of our edition, and will come back to the historical hull. Of return in the ancient city they will visit the House of Cervantes and Antezana's Hospital and will walk greeting the alcalaínos by the Major street.

The day will end, at about eight o'clock in the afternoon, in the Corral of Comedies. Before that Alcala, the princes have been in Móstoles and Fuenlabrada, where also the town halls and paths visited companies, beside inaugurating an elders' residence, to meet representatives of the society mostoleña and fuenlabreña in sendos cultural centers or to share a few minutes with the most tiny neighbors in a center of infantile and primary education. In Móstoles, two young who waved a republican flag they were sdetained, which has provoked IU's critiques and his absence in the following visit, that of Fuenlabrada, with the exception of the meeting in the Town hall. A situation that is probable repeats itself in Alcala.

ricarda said:
Well, it is my opinion.

If people are allowed to state that there is love between a couple without giving evidence
then why shouldn't it be allowed to state there is NO love between a couple without giving evidence?

My support is
1. It was an arranged marriage to begin with.
2. Juan Carlos always avoided the word "love" when he spoke about their engagement/wedding.
3. It is well known among Spanish aristocrats that Juan Carlos always had a girl friend beside his wife.
4. Sophia looks like a deeply disappointed woman to me.
And what's about the rumours that she is spending more and more time in London?
5. Felipe always stressed out that HE would marry for love.
In contrast to whom?
Why should he say something like that if his parents had married for love.

Conclusio
There may be mutual respect between those two but no love.
And again, this is MY OPINION.

But I should not have said it's a joke, it's actually no joke.
Sorry for that.
Actually, when you use phrases such as "well known" and "it was," then there needs to be evidence to back those points up. What makes it "well known" that Juan Carlos had other women with whom he was romantically involved with in addition to his wife? What are the sources to back that up? And what are the sources that state that the wedding between Juan Carlos and Sofia was arranged?

I support comments that Sofia looks like a "disappointed" woman to you as being your opinon. That's fine, although it would be helpful although not necessary, if you stated why. To me, such comments are put out there for the sake of being an attention-grabber and to stir the pot without any back up, whether with credible sources or with examples, so what's the point of make a superflous statement that borders on being slanderous?

Alexandria
Spanish Forum Moderator

Last edited:
infanteleonor said:
what wants you to say by BLOOD CONTRAST

Very clear, Infantaleonor, it's the Prince himself who had said that the Gotha's market for his future wife was very narrow. May be, it's only a supposition of my part, the Prince found that the MILLENARIOUS ( for him )BLUE BLOOD is remaining a field too tigh to chooze his wife, and by contrast he had opening his eyes on "openfields ";)

But I repeat it's only a suposition.....:D

!!!

adelaide said:
Very clear, Infantaleonor, it's the Prince himself who had said that the Gotha's market for his future wife was very narrow. May be, it's only a supposition of my part, the Prince found that the MILLENARIOUS ( for him )BLUE BLOOD is remaining a field too tigh to chooze his wife, and by contrast he had opening his eyes on "openfields ";)

But I repeat it's only a suposition.....:D
do not divide your opinion considering the circumstances if it were the case I do not think that it aurrait selected in first letizia to point out you who she was divorced in my eyes no problem but hard to make pass for a prince in this case why he would have become complicated the life

I thought this was a thread for current events about the Prince and Princess. Can't discussion about Juan Carlos and Sofia be held on a more appropriate thread?

Does anyone have info about the dinner tonight?

I think we should calm down about this. We have our opinions about them, good or bad is our opinions and get confronted with people because they think different will take us to any place. Life is very short to spend in such discussions. They are grownups, if they married by love or by other reasons is their business. What matter is that they conduce their lifes in a good way, respecting moral and social values, that they do the work, Spain expects them to do. For what i can see, they do that. We cant judge them for facts we dont know or rumors we may have heard, as they may not be true.

http://www.lne.es/secciones/noticia.jsp?pNumEjemplar=1289&pIdSeccion=45&pIdNoticia=410184

The conflict of Hoisting forces to cancel the visit of the Princes to Gijon

The workers of Hoisting Gijon, supported by a group of prejubilados of the public shipyard, took yesterday, before the headquarters of the PSOE of Gijon and before the Mayoralty, their protest against the plans of the central Government to liquidate To hoist with a privatization of its four centers of work: the shipyards of Gijon, Sestao and Seville and the factory of Manises's engines (Valencia).

As consequence of the mobilizations, the Government of the nation and the Royal House they have decided to suspend, of definitive form, the official delivery, next June 12, of the new ship - hospital "Juan de la Cosa", as well as the visit to Gijon, for the above mentioned act, of the Princes of Asturias.

I guess if they had a planned act on the 12th it means they wont be going to the Diamond Jubilee of the King of Thailand, a pitty they never seems to attend royal gatherings.

Im not sure about this. We dont know if there are other members of the srf that will go.

Larzen said:
I guess if they had a planned act on the 12th it means they wont be going to the Diamond Jubilee of the King of Thailand, a pitty they never seems to attend royal gatherings.

It is a shame, but I thought that the King and Queen were attending, therefore it would be highly unlikely that Felipe and Letizia would attend.

I know that every events that the Princes of Asturias went are important, but, i just wonder why they couldn't slip in these royal gatherings. Yes, the Princes of Asturias has different agenda with the Kings, and they rarely attend events abroad together. But, why oh why?
I'm quite dissapointed hearing they wont attend the King of Thailand's jubilee celebration. After not attending the King of Sweden's 60th birthday, they also won't attend the next royal gatherings??
Well, i'm losing hope on seeing them with other royals...

Why would they not be able to attend the King of Thailand's jubilee?

I thought that it was some kind of rule that says that both the King and Prince cannot be out of the country at the same time.

I've heard this before but I'm not 100% sure it is true.

ldt20 said:
I thought that it was some kind of rule that says that both the King and Prince cannot be out of the country at the same time.

I've heard this before but I'm not 100% sure it is true.
Yes, there are some security reasons, or sth like that. I would also love to see them with other young royals. If they don't go to Thailand, maybe we will see them in other occasions, like Princess Victoria's wedding (when oh when:D). Hope we won't wait too long...:confused:

For what I can remember regarding the Spanish Royal Family, the King usually only leaves the country to attend events like anniversaries and funerals, but I don't remember seeing him at a wedding (unless the ones of the Greek Royal Family, as far as I can remember).

I am going to try to explain it.

This type of acts, they are festive celebrations, are official a bit particular acts. Every Royal House has its own rules.

Normally there is tried that the King and the Prince do not do many united trips for safety questions. Only they do it in familiar events or of Royal Families with those who have a very nearby relation.

The law of the equal ones follows. The King travels only to weddings,birthday, funeral or anniversaries of other Kings ... of his equal ones. One is in the habit of the same thing continuing with the rest of the family. Each one goes to those acts of the that are equal to them.
Normally if even act the King comes, the Prince does not come. Because they can´t travel in the same plane, mess is too much. Then the Queen and the Infantas can travel with any of them.
To the acts it is in the habit of coming more or less members of the Family, depending on the relation that exists with the Royal Family or from which members of the Family could travel.

Besides, if they are not very important acts how weddings or funeral, normally, the assistance of some member of the family depends on the agenda of acts in Spain.

But the King is not going, he is not listed among the monarchs who has accepted an invitation, the monarchs are listed and the rest are sending representatives, including Spain. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/403732-post19.html

Before Felipe married he attended many royal gatherings abroad, and his agenda was just as busy then, even something as "insignificant" as Princess Victorias 25th birthday, you have to agree that sine his marriage there has been a change. You usually manage to attend what you want to attend, and this celebration is not comming from blue sky we have heared about it for a year already.

And taking two plains how is that a mess, you just order two tickets (Im sure he has someone to do it for him), this is the same in all the other houses excpet the Dutch where they dont seem to have a trouble loading, 1,2,3 and 4th in line on the same plane

Larzen said:
But the King is not going, he is not listed among the monarchs who has accepted an invitation, the monarchs are listed and the rest are sending representatives, including Spain. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/403732-post19.html

Before Felipe married he attended many royal gatherings abroad, and his agenda was just as busy then, even something as "insignificant" as Princess Victorias 25th birthday, you have to agree that sine his marriage there has been a change. You usually manage to attend what you want to attend, and this celebration is not comming from blue sky we have heared about it for a year already.

And taking two plains how is that a mess, you just order two tickets (Im sure he has someone to do it for him), this is the same in all the other houses excpet the Dutch where they dont seem to have a trouble loading, 1,2,3 and 4th in line on the same plane

The Kings have travelled recently to Thailand in Visit of State. It will be necessary to wait to know the one who comes.

Not if you have read evil or I have explained badly. Like the King goes to the birthday of a King. The prince inheritor goes to the birthday of a Princess inheritor. Each one goes to the acts of that one that is like he. Like the King went to Rainiero's funeral, and the Queen to that of the Great Duchess of Luxembourg.

On the topic of travelling together, it depends on the safety measures that exist in every Royal Household, in case of the Spanish Royal Household these measures are more strict. And it is very habitual that King and inheritor do not travel together.
Certainly, the Kings and Princes I me imagine that to this type of acts travel in private flights, and not in normal planes. And one more plane if it costs a lot of money.

On the acts to which the Prince comes, I believe that he comes to the same acts that he was representing before.

- To the Danish baptism he did not come because ihe had to travel to latin America, and this trip are fundamental and priority part of his work.
- To the Norwegian baptism, I believe that only there came those who they were godfathers, and some member of the neighboring countries.
- To the Swedish birthday the Kings came, therefore the Princes were not going to go.

The Princes came to the wedding of the major son of Hussein and Noor in their honeymoon, and also they travelled to Jordannia to celebrate with the family the days before the wedding of the second one.
The Prince has come to several funeral of Arabic Princes.

Last edited:
http://www.casareal.es/esp/cronicas/Acto.jsp?acto=3331

Dinner - delivery of the " Premis Cambra 2006 ", granted by the Chamber of Trade of Terrassa

Terrassa Recinto (Barcelona), on May 31 2006

It will be presided by Their Royal Highnesses the Princes of Asturias

Their Royal Highnesses the Princes of Asturias will preside at the act of delivery of the sixth edition of these awards, which grants the Chamber of Terrassa's Trade - coinciding with 120 anniversary of its creation, the most ancient of Catalonia and the third one of Spain-, to recognize the management, effort and dedication of the companies of the zone in the following six categories: Internationalization, Innovation, Sostenibilidad, Managerial Formation, Trade, Services and Tourism, and New Entrepreneurs

http://www.eleconomista.es/mercados-cotizaciones/noticias/23284/05/06/Principes-Asturias-entregan-premios-Camara-Terrasa-2006.html

Princes Asturias deliver prizes Chamber Terrasa 2006

The Princes of Asturias have presided in Terrassa at the delivery of the Premis Cambra 2006 in an act that has assembled to near eight hundred businessmen and that has possessed the representatives' presence of the Government, the Autonomous government of Catalonia and of Terrassa's Town hall.

The Prince of Asturias has emphasized the importance of the awards granted by the Cambra de Terrassa, which they recognize " the decisive role of our companies for the development and well-being of our citizens ".
" The effort of our businessmen and professionals they cannot be passed by high place - he has added-, and the society has of being able to estimate and value them due them ".

Don Felipe de Borbón has put in relief " the institutional labor of the Chambers in hissupport to the creation, to the promotion or to the managerial initiative, which re-dresses special relevancy in a moment as the current one, in which the competition measures up to universal scale and the pace of the transformations that imposes the vital cycle of our companies is increasingly dizzy and complex ".

Photos from terra:

Attachments

• 72.jpg
    72.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 300
  • 720.jpg
    720.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 164
  • 7207.jpg
    7207.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 287
lula said:
I am going to try to explain it.

This type of acts, they are festive celebrations, are official a bit particular acts. Every Royal House has its own rules.

Normally there is tried that the King and the Prince do not do many united trips for safety questions. Only they do it in familiar events or of Royal Families with those who have a very nearby relation.

The law of the equal ones follows. The King travels only to weddings,birthday, funeral or anniversaries of other Kings ... of his equal ones. One is in the habit of the same thing continuing with the rest of the family. Each one goes to those acts of the that are equal to them.
Normally if even act the King comes, the Prince does not come. Because they can´t travel in the same plane, mess is too much. Then the Queen and the Infantas can travel with any of them.
To the acts it is in the habit of coming more or less members of the Family, depending on the relation that exists with the Royal Family or from which members of the Family could travel.

Besides, if they are not very important acts how weddings or funeral, normally, the assistance of some member of the family depends on the agenda of acts in Spain.

Thanks for the explanation, that makes a bit more sense. If the King isn't going though, i wonder why Felipe and Letizia cannot go instead.

It is wonderful to see Letizia looking so comfortable in her role, I love how she has started doing different things with her hair and wearing a variety of clothes. She looks so happy and beautiful.

Letizia and Felipe sure do work a lot, it is a good thing they do their duties together otherwise they would never see one another.

I agree with you EmmieLou, she seems to have changed lately her way of dressing, she uses more variety of clothes and not just the business like suit. The way she is doing her hair, has also improve a lot lately and is giving her a more refreshing style. The other day I saw a picture of her looking so radiant that i was asking myself if she was pregnant as she looks as radiant as she was when she was expecting.

From Casa Real

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 194
Dear Ariel, at wich pic do you refer to think that may be th Princess is expecting ? I have quiet the same feeling whithout nothing else that " my feeling" but I see that I'm not alone....

Ariel said:
I agree with you EmmieLou, she seems to have changed lately her way of dressing, she uses more variety of clothes and not just the business like suit. The way she is doing her hair, has also improve a lot lately and is giving her a more refreshing style. The other day I saw a picture of her looking so radiant that i was asking myself if she was pregnant as she looks as radiant as she was when she was expecting.

Ariel, I must say I 've had the same feeling many time this week while looking at certain pictures of the princesses. I wondered if she was not pregnant again because she looks absolutely radiant, it is too much. :)

adelaide said:
Dear Ariel, at wich pic do you refer to think that may be th Princess is expecting ? I have quiet the same feeling whithout nothing else that " my feeling" but I see that I'm not alone....

:D Indeed you're not the only one adelaide. I don't know which picture exactly. I'll have to search for them. But I've had this feeling especially at the exposition when she was wearing that blue outfit with the ponnytail. In many pictures that were recently posted she looks delighted. But it's just a "feeling" as you said. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom