Infanta Leonor, News and Pictures Part 2: February - August 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leonor wearing a bikini awww :p

biboquinhas said:
I'm not judging the way Letizia dresses her daughter, but I only think she could go out more with her like Princess Mary does!I think Leonor has just came out a few times and only for official pictures!

Felipe and Letizia appear to be more judiciously guarding their daughter's privacy. What's wrong with that?

highpriestess said:
Felipe and Letizia appear to be more judiciously guarding their daughter's privacy. What's wrong with that?

I dont think it is a matter of being more judiciously, because i dont think it is a bad choice to decide to take their baby with them once in a while, i dont think they are giving too much of his privacy. Everybody would like to see Leonor more often like we have seen her cousins. The fact that Leonor is not around that much is probably because her parents are always busy doing things, not a matter of privacy but a matter of agenda.

I would like to see more little Leonor, in not oficcial acts.
But I understand that her parens what to guarding their daughter's privacy or may be they wants to separate the Public life with the privacy life.

But......the royal family soon go on vacacions so..... I´m sure we willl see funys and naturals pics of Leonor...may be in BiKINI:D ;).

Paty said:
I would like to see more little Leonor, in not oficcial acts.
But I understand that her parens what to guarding their daughter's privacy or may be they wants to separate the Public life with the privacy life.

But......the royal family soon go on vacacions so..... I´m sure we willl see funys and naturals pics of Leonor...may be in BiKINI:D ;).

well I think it is a bit difficult to keep privacy once you are a Princess, and keep her ate home is not the rigth thing to do! I think they should go out more often with her

They will leave with the girl, but they are not going to be calling to the press so that photographs to them. Although they are princes have right to their privacy, and mainly the girl, who is a baby.

Im sure it is difficult to handle their privacy, journalists and paparazzis are like flees, you find them even in the soup. When managing Leonor's public appearance, I imagine that it is quite difficult to know what is better and for explaining this comment, we can see that having her out of the public sight for a long time, it just bring more gossips and attention to her. Having too much of appearances which is not the case, it is just out of the question for a small baby. I think that they have noticed this as we have seen her more often in recent months. Every parent have their own style and even in the spanish royal houses each family of the kings' children have managed the privacy of their children in different ways. Probably Elena's is more equilibrated than her siblings.

Last edited:
biboquinhas said:
well I think it is a bit difficult to keep privacy once you are a Princess, and keep her ate home is not the rigth thing to do! I think they should go out more often with her

The fact that we do not see the Infanta Leonor, it´s not want to say that she is every time in home. Evidently they do not have to pose with the girl everytime that thay are out of home.:rolleyes:

The whole people have right to his privacy even The Royalty. It is a right ;)

I don't see the fact of not having Leonor's photos day in day out it is a question of keeping her privacy or protecting her from paparazzi.

She is having a normal life an under one year old has, staying with professional people while mum and dad are out for work.

Only a person who didn't raise or saw children being raised could find weird not to see Leonor everyday with her parents. The Princes work and they don't take their daughter to work, as simple as that.

I am sure they take her for strolls, shopping and other things they do in their spare time. And we've seen that when they went shopping with her, someone tiped the press where they were. The other time they took Leonor to the dentist (well, this time was more Leonor who took mum :D) the press could only take a bad photo - to our big despair;) - of her because I think it was only one photographer that happened to be there.

Gossips and bad comments will always be there and I hope the Princes don't change their family life and their raising plans of Leonor just to shut bad people mouths.

Leonor before an Infanta of Spain is a child who needs to have her own schedules, have sleep, have meals and have fun accordingly to what was planned to raise her. And the Infanta of Spain before Leonor has to be prepared accordingly to what is expected for and from her. And that can only happen if she is granted the privilege of being a baby who for now only goes, surrounded by press, where the Crown requests her to.:)

Regards,
mtbcm :)

Ariel said:
Probably Elena's is more equilibrated than her siblings.

Elena also has problems with the press, a few months ago she got angry with a few journalists who were in the door of the college of the children. The Infanta Cristina did not like the photos of her children in pyjamas.

It is a problem of a type of press that has lost the course :confused: . For example, the President Zapatero has prohibited that no mass media should publish images of his daughters, and the mass media are obligated to cover the face of the children, if they do not have permission of his parents, things that not always make.

Leonor is a baby, and she it is before being Infanta, the logical thing is that her parents they want that while it is possible the girl has a normal life, thing that surely will lose when she begins the school. Her life is going to belong very different from it from her cousins, the expectation that exists with her is very much major. For certain factors (the place where they live, the safety, the privacy, the harassment of the press ...) the Princes are not in the habit of coming to many public places out of their official activities ... at some time to the cinema, to having dinner ... and often to houses of relatives and friends ... but nothing more.

The Princess causes many expectation, and Leonor furthermore... Letizia already has remained almost enclosed in a shop because the door was full of people. When they went to Chinchón with the Princes of Vidin, there spread the news of which they were there and the whole people surrounded them. If they were taking the expectation to Leonor with them it would be very much major, and real problems might be created. In Atocha the Princes had to protect the girl because the people wanted to touch her, and it cannot be, because she is a baby. Because of it it is normal, that her appearances are very controlled, and limited to more familiar acts.

Leonor does not even have, is going to have a normal infancy. And it has good things and bad things.
Lately the press chases very much Erika, and several Erika's images have published with her father, her stepmother and her daughter Carla (even with her ex-), enjoying all of a field day, riden horses. Nice images of a close family, and of a grandfather delivered with her granddaughter, playing constant with her. The magazine was doing the commentary of what they would like to see these images with Leonor. Also they were commenting on something that seemed to my me to be very hard, not if a hypothesis of the magazine or something real, and it is that they were commenting that the parents of the Princess were conscious that they might never have with Leonor the relation that they have with Carla.

Do what the princes do this summer, the press is not going to have sufficiently and always they are going to want more. I assure you that they will not conform to a few official photos initially of the vacations.

Last edited:
mtbcm said:
I don't see the fact of not having Leonor's photos day in day out it is a question of keeping her privacy or protecting her from paparazzi.

I agree with you but...I suppose that for example now that they begin their vacations in mallorca, they would like to go with his baby of soping without being followed for parazzis.:)

Paty said:
I agree with you but...I suppose that for example now that they begin their vacations in mallorca, they would like to go with his baby of soping without being followed for parazzis.:)

If the paparazzi were kept to a prudential distance and were not a nuisance nothing would pass, but the problem, it is that already do not behave this way. Before real paparazzi it was hiding and doing photos without nobody saw him ... now they chase and harass. Besides, if the paparazzi start creating mess immediately the people realize that they are there and start centering.

I remember last year the day of the Cup Breitling, and the face of burden of the Prince when a photographer chased them up to a private zone.
This is a business, and the photos that the whole world has do not cost anything, which matters are the photos that nobody has and cost a lot of money. Because of it always they will want more.

lula said:
If the paparazzi were kept to a prudential distance and were not a nuisance nothing would pass, but the problem, it is that already do not behave this way. Before real paparazzi it was hiding and doing photos without nobody saw him ... now they chase and harass. Besides, if the paparazzi start creating mess immediately the people realize that they are there and start centering.

I remember last year the day of the Cup Breitling, and the face of burden of the Prince when a photographer chased them up to a private zone.
This is a business, and the photos that the whole world has do not cost anything, which matters are the photos that nobody has and cost a lot of money. Because of it always they will want more.
Yes, I agree. I remember a video that was hosted somewhere here, I can't remind the source, though. Paloma Rocasolano, Leti's mother, was going home after work, and a few journalists were running after her and shouted questions like "is Letizia (Letizia, not the Princess) pregnant again or is Leonor seriously ill or will she be operated". It was just 4 or 5 months after Leo's arrival! They repeated it at least few times. Of course Paloma didn't answer but it was impossible for her even to walk normally, they were chasing her. Disguisting. It would be great to see Leo more often, but we shouldn't compare her with other royal babies IMO, since the situation in every country is different and so are the media.

Last edited:
The habit of compare royals is boring, i think it is part of human behavior to tend to compare things, but most of the time, specially with royals it is being misused just for the purpose of make someone looks better than other. That is not fair and i am quite sure, those royals, who by the way are human beings, have a good relationship between them and they are far from looking being compared and gain respect because they do things better than other royals. It is not a competition and each country will evaluate their royals by their own standards not by the standards that royals can be measure in other countries.

Leonor conquista Palma de Mallorca
http://www.especialeshf.com/bodareal/noticias/noticia230.htm
The daughter of Princes of Asturias is the absolute protagonist in her first summer in the Balearic island.

SARInfantaLeonor12.jpg

Although his sailboat, the "Aifos", came in as the last of the twenty participants of the Breitling Regatta, the Prince had his special prize with the visit of his daughter, the Infanta Leonor. The little one, who turns nine months old on July 31, already had her baptism of the sea and sun in Mallorca.

The youngest granddaughter of Their Majesties has been the absolute protagonist of the weekend in the Balearic island. With a pacifier, with gorrito, a striped dress and the sandals menorquinas or with a pink t-shirt, Leonor has taken a walk by Puerto Portals - where the regata took place and where her grandfather also participated, -with her mother and the Queen.

On Saturday Don Felipe was seen doing his role as father. The Prince was spellbound with his daughter, and apart from giving her kisses and caresses, he wanted his teammates to know the "apple of his eyes".

The Prince then handed over the little one to her mother and later, Doña Sofía, Letizia and Leonor embarked in the "Somni" to watch the regatta on the high seas.

Leonor is already almost nine months old and is starting to stammer her first words. Among them is "amama", which is what the little one calls her grandmother, the Queen. That is also what the other grandchildren call Doña Sofía, which was the same affectionate form that the Spanish Sovereign called her grandmother, Victoria Luisa of Prussia.

When the daughter of the Princes calls her grandmother, with a little help of "translation" from Doña Letizia, the Queen's face lights up. Doña Sofía is proud of her granddaughter and, during their strolls by the sea, it has been possible to see the image of a grandmother totally spellbound with the girl.

Leonor learns fast, and if last Saturday her mother helped her with greeting the people who were calling for her, the following day the Infanta moved her little hands on her own.

So that the rumors that Doña Letizia does not like to spend the summer in Palma de Mallorca are finished, the Princess made it clear that she is enchanted with the island and that she is very happy there.

Also taking advantage of the presence of the various media outlets there, the Princess de Asturias clarified that she does not have any nutritional [eating] disorder: "I am not [getting] thin, [I already] am thin, as are my mother and my sisters".

cute pic there by Diez Minutos. :D translation and editing by yours truly. :)

Last edited:
She is deffinately one of the most cute royalbabies...:wub:

I still wonder what is wrong with her nose? That little scab or scratch never seems to go away. Anywho, I agree with the consensus, Leonor is the cutest royal baby out there!!! Her pale skin and bright blue eyes, she's gonna be a heartbreaker...:p!

Ani

What Leonor has in her nose is a 'hemangioma' (sp?). It's a birth mark that is sad to go away as time goes by.

I love photos of Queen Sofia and her grandchildren. I don't yet see a clear resemblence to either of her parents.

I truly believe she looks exactly like her father......which

The German press already found a fiancè of height to Leonor Elsemanaldigital.com MARINE PRINCESS With its vestidito of white red rays and and its small hat to game, Leonor, without to have turned a year, already learns to salute. PRINCE On board The first boat trip of Christian was official more than the one of Leonor, but the boy seemed to enjoy, protected by his mother Mary always well. In the sea, Doña Letizia gives one hundred and borders to the proud Stretcher As much the daily Bild sensationalist, published by Axel Springer, like the Bunte magazine, dedicates to this special Wednesday attention to the vacations of the Kings of Spain. 2 of August of 2006. While papa Felipe and the grandfathers Juan Carlos participate in the most important regata of the Majorcan summer, the small Leonor observes everything with curiosity everything what happens around to his. First vacations in Majorca are his and seems enchanted of their marine life of the yacht Fortune in company of the Sofía grandmother and Letizia mother on board. Very far from warm Mediterranean waters, in Scandinavia, a small prince, in arms of his mother Mary, princess of Denmark, also lives his first marine experiences on board on a boat. One is Christian, successor of the throne that at the moment her grandmother occupies Daisy and that later his papa will occupy Federico. The papas of Christian and Leonor married with one week of difference, in May of 2004. Princess Mary gave to light in Copenhagen the 15 of October of 2005, the daughter of Doña Letizia and Don Felipe was born in Madrid the 31 of October of 2005. They are many coincidences in his lives and, according to Bunte, the marine liking of both can be the beginning of a pretty friendship, since they will have many occasions to agree in the next years. The magazine, like Bild, dedicates an ample gallery of photos to the sport vacations of the Spanish real family.
http://www.elsemanaldigital.com/arts/54737.asp?tt=

Oh! What a lovely thing! Just imagine infanta Leonor being Prince Christian's fiancée!!! The cuties of the cutiest!!! :wub:

Did you notice what a wonderful bunch of royal babies we have? They are all beatiful...Infanta leonor, prince Christian, Prince Sverre Magnus, Prince Aiko, Princess Catharina-Amalia and her sister Alexia. They are such lovely little cutie pies! :heart:

Vanesa.

Vanesa said:
Oh! What a lovely thing! Just imagine infanta Leonor being Prince Christian's fiancée!!! The cuties of the cutiest!!! :wub:

It would be quite impossible for Leonor and Christian to be together as they're both destined to inherit the throne (I firmly believe that the law will be changed and that Leonor will be Queen).

But Leonor and Sverre...:ROFLMAO:

Why would Leonor choose anyone else when she will have her picks among all dark and hunky Spaniards? :cool:

I wonder what Felipe thinks about German Press already looking for a boyfriend to his little girl..

Mari_* said:
I wonder what Felipe thinks about German Press already looking for a boyfriend to his little girl..
I have a picture in my mind...:ROFLMAO:

As for the royal toodlers she could date...:rolleyes: Well, we have two blond brothers of Princess Elisabeth of Belgium and her twin cousins (they are only a litttle bit younger than Leo), Prince Sverre, Marius, sons of Prince Joachim of Denmark... Tough decision!!!:ROFLMAO::lol::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
LaChicaMadrilena said:
I have a picture in my mind...:ROFLMAO:

As for the royal toodlers she could date...:rolleyes: Well, we have two blond brothers of Princess Elisabeth of Belgium and her twin cousins (they are only a litttle bit younger than Leo), Prince Sverre, Marius, sons of Prince Joachim of Denmark... Tough decision!!!:ROFLMAO::lol::ROFLMAO:
Prince Joachim has two really handsome boys, i love them. They are good potential boyfriends for Leonor :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom