Infanta Elena and Family, Current Events Part 7: April - October 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No it has definitely been Elena who had a miscarriage. It was very sad actually. THe King and Queen announced Elena's pregnancy during a visit somewhere and were absolutely extatic about it, they looked so incredibly happy. The next day Elena lost the baby she was expecting. :bang: It was really terrible

Miscarriage is always sad, except if we think that generally speaking the nature is doung well the things. For the Infanta Elena it was very sad because she was not very young and it's sure itwould be tha last chance. And more, it was after the Jaime 's stroke, as the baby of the renewal for the couple it's because of that it would be very hard for them. But as we could saw, they were very stoic!

Noticias

The Infanta Elena will take part in the contest of the Equine in Arteixo

It was confirmed that the Infanta Elena will take part in the Jump contest that there organizes the Royal Sports Equine Society, who will be celebrated from tomorrow in Arteixo. Nevertheless, the Infanta only will be present on Mondays , on Tuesday and Wednesday

Noticias

The Infanta returns to compete in A Coruña

Dona Elena de Borbón will initiate today her participation in the competition that there organizes the Royal Sports Equine Society, after yesterday she was attending the development of the first tests of the contest that is celebrated in the sports complex of Put on two Brozos, in Arteixo, and she was enjoying of the day in company of some friends. The duchess of Lugo, who will take part with two mares, returns hereby to the equestrian tilts natives of Coruña, in whom already ishe took part years ago.

in Mallorca
in the official photographs of familie but especially in the vidéos it is very visible the cold distance between infant Elena and her husband...... are they always like that???

in Mallorca
in the official photographs of familie but especially in the vidéos it is very visible the cold distance between infant Elena and her husband...... are they always like that???

Yes, I've noticed this too. But it could be that they are just more formal in public than other royals. I could be a personal style preference.

Don Jaime de Marichalar's style is not very friendly. He always seems to be a little cold, and not only toward his wife. Maybe is just the way he is.

Vanesa.

I think it was reported that they were having troubles relating, esp after his illness.

It's not in my habits to discuss about of the relations between so and so and in particular when the persons live in my " field of interests ", especially Spain, but this year I find too that Jaime of Marichalar is not in a good form, more I find him bad tempered, whithout giving the least regard for his kids. You can see too that the children are doing like they avoid their father. Never, for example during the photosession , Felipe Froilan nor Victoria Frederica are trying to go with their father.

May be, Jaime is passing by a crisis due to his stroke. As it's difficult to say when you didn't never had a stroke, car accident or what ever which make you qiet invalid, he is suffering some pains difficult to support. He have all my compassion.

Interstitial - Noticia

Personalities of the culture and the letters dismiss Umbral:
la presidenta de la comunidad de Madrid, Esperanza Aguirre, el presidente del PP, Mariano Rajoy, el esposo de la infanta Elena, Jaime de Marichalar, y los escritores Jaime Peñafiel, Luis María Anson y Jorge Berlanga

it seems that an article in HOLA magazine is reporting the possible seperation between Elena and Jaime. I think the stroke he suffered not only changed him as a person but impacted their marriage and i don't believe that they currently have a loving and stable marriage as before his stroke - you only have to see the pictures in their earlier years of marriage before the stroke and after. Also, i've often wondered about how it's impacted on the kids, often at photo shoots, the kids stick to their mother or other members of the royal family and not their father. And at times they carry this rather sad look in their eyes.

it seems that an article in HOLA magazine is reporting the possible seperation between Elena and Jaime. I think the stroke he suffered not only changed him as a person but impacted their marriage and i don't believe that they currently have a loving and stable marriage as before his stroke - you only have to see the pictures in their earlier years of marriage before the stroke and after. Also, i've often wondered about how it's impacted on the kids, often at photo shoots, the kids stick to their mother or other members of the royal family and not their father. And at times they carry this rather sad look in their eyes.

May be you can to be right about the consequences of the stroke. As all accident suffered by some one, it could bring a lot of changes in a family but for the moment it's only journalistic speculations mad a the begining of the new autumnal season after the hollidays like if the newspapers are looking somethings to tell because this subject isn't new and since precesily this stroke, each year the journalists are going to speak about a such event.

Wait and see, that's all!

I don't understand, are they formally going to announce the seperation, or is it just a rumor that they are?

I don't understand, are they formally going to announce the seperation, or is it just a rumor that they are?

They are journalists' gossips, simply.
The only thing that has said the service of press of the Royal House before the question of a journalist is that they did not have knowledge of which it will go to announce anything in the matter.

I do hope they are only journalists' gossips, but Infanta Elena looks sad.
I hope it is only my wrong impression.

Don Jaime de Marichalar's style is not very friendly. He always seems to be a little cold, and not only toward his wife. Maybe is just the way he is.

i agree he seems oddly detached from everyone, even his children

Last edited by a moderator:
A beautiful picture of the family from El Mundo
Gente | elmundo.es
They are watching a basket match, Spain vs Russia, last saturday.

Last edited:

This is one of the classic symptons of depression, detachment from social things, from hobbies, from family and friends. He is known to suffer from depression, right?

In the pics of them taking the kids to school, I love Elena's outfit: the shoes, pants, V neck sweater, denim jacket. Brilliant look for her. The backpack purse is great too. She makes it chic. :)

20 Minutos carries the separation story:
Los Duques de Lugo desmienten su separación deportivamente - 20minutos.es
Nice pics of the basketball game and kids going to school at Hola!
LOS DUQUES DE LUGO ACOMPAÑARON A VICTORIA Y A FELIPE EN SU PRIMER DÍA DE COLEGIO

Last edited:

The illness he suffered a few years ago can also cause a severe change of behaviour/character that can be very difficult to deal with,both for himself and for all close to him.Must be extremely difficult to all.
PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/RadialPress/MD/GC/

The illness he suffered a few years ago can also cause a severe change of behaviour/character that can be very difficult to deal with,both for himself and for all close to him.Must be extremely difficult to all.

Definitely. He was a reasonably young man when he had his stroke(?) and this by itself causes trauma, let alone the emotional and physical difficulties involved in the recovery. Victoria wasn't born yet, but imagine how hard and confusing for his son to see his father going through this.

Definitely. He was a reasonably young man when he had his stroke(?) and this by itself causes trauma, let alone the emotional and physical difficulties involved in the recovery. Victoria wasn't born yet, but imagine how hard and confusing for his son to see his father going through this.

Actually, Victoria was already one year old, so poor Elena had to tend to her ailing husband, her one year old daughter and her three year old son. About a year and a half later, Elena also had a miscarriage just one day after her pregnancy was announced. Tragic times for the Marichalar-Borbon family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom