Infanta Cristina and Family, Current Events Part 12: July 2008 - March 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As one poster had already been saying, it's easy to say it in theory, however when it really happens, it's really like taking away the things you really love and are very much accustomed to. I don't think Elena had much an issue. She was always being said to be the least ambitious member in the family.

If that was true, the relationship would have been difficult from the start but it only went cold in around summer 2007.

I don't think Letizia had anything to do with Zarzuela's decision on removing Inaki's business, she doesn't have much voice there IMO. My point was that the previously close relationship between Cristina and Felipe had turned cold, why didn't people ask 'why' ? The press has only been interested at the 'wars' between women, those trivial gossips said by them likely wouldn't have caused a close relationship between brother and sister turning cold (I have a brother myself too).
I know the final decision was definitely from JC to remove Inaki's business in Spain, however Cristina could be disappointed if her brother hadn't supported Inaki along the way IMO. Now more people can see it was a wise decision, but at that time, not everyone involved could think rationally, Inaki was said to be extremely angry about the decision in the book written by JC's friend collecting 16 letters written by JC to Felipe when he was studying at Georgetown.

Felipe will have as little say in this as any other family member - its the King who will decide and nobody will dare to turn against his decision.

And even if Cristina was angry because of Felipe's behaviour, why turn against her sister in law and not against her brother?
I still believe its something personal between both women, maybe a clash of character after the gloves came off (Cristina behaviour almost came across as rude at some point), nothing to do with Inakis business interests.

Happy to see them walking together looking happy.... I love this couple !

If that was true, the relationship would have been difficult from the start but it only went cold in around summer 2007.

I think Cristina didn't like the photo session in Mallorca summer 2007 and it showed on her face, but this probably didn't have much to do with Letizia alone, even if Felipe and Letizia pushed for the photo session, the final decision was still from the King.
Letizia had no solo act at the beginning. Letizia started to have a bigger role after Sofia was born. The resource has a limit, especially the security resource, Zarzuela couldn't do unlimited acts even if they wanted to.

Felipe will have as little say in this as any other family member - its the King who will decide and nobody will dare to turn against his decision.

And even if Cristina was angry because of Felipe's behaviour, why turn against her sister in law and not against her brother?
I still believe its something personal between both women, maybe a clash of character after the gloves came off (Cristina behaviour almost came across as rude at some point), nothing to do with Inakis business interests.

I don't see any difference between her attitude towards her s-i-l and her own brother, picutures sometimes gave wrong impressions and the press liked the 'war' between two women. The previous closeness between her and her brother has obviously lost, they rarely talked in public (the same between her and her s-i-l), they no longer hanged out in Barcelona before/after the acts. Inaki's business could be one of the few things all together IMO. I know the King had the last say always, but sometimes you just wanted your close sibling to support you, whether it was effective or not was another story.
Now Cristina and her family moved to DC, with distance and space, some of the previous 'frictions' (if existed) would get smoothed out.

I think Cristina didn't like the photo session in Mallorca summer 2007 and it showed on her face, but this probably didn't have much to do with Letizia alone, even if Felipe and Letizia pushed for the photo session, the final decision was still from the King.
Letizia had no solo act at the beginning. Letizia started to have a bigger role after Sofia was born. The resource has a limit, especially the security resource, Zarzuela couldn't do unlimited acts even if they wanted to.

I don't see any difference between her attitude towards her s-i-l and her own brother, picutures sometimes gave wrong impressions and the press liked the 'war' between two women. The previous closeness between her and her brother has obviously lost, they rarely talked in public (the same between her and her s-i-l), they no longer hanged out in Barcelona before/after the acts. Inaki's business could be one of the few things all together IMO. I know the King had the last say always, but sometimes you just wanted your close sibling to support you, whether it was effective or not was another story.
Now Cristina and her family moved to DC, with distance and space, some of the previous 'frictions' (if existed) would get smoothed out.

Yes, maybe the existing tensions were a side reason for the King to allow his daughter to live abroad, with Inakis business being the main reason.

Actually there were two public events where Cristina openly showed her disgust towards Letizia -one in September 2006, Sofias Alzheimer Gala where Felipe wasnt present and the Mallorca dinner in 2007. The pictures of both events show quite open hostility.

But back to topic and its good that the couple is seen together again (although not at this event)
La Infanta Cristina gana el jubileo en la catedral de Santiago. larioja.com

Yes, maybe the existing tensions were a side reason for the King to allow his daughter to live abroad, with Inakis business being the main reason.

Actually there were two public events where Cristina openly showed her disgust towards Letizia -one in September 2006, Sofias Alzheimer Gala where Felipe wasnt present and the Mallorca dinner in 2007. The pictures of both events show quite open hostility.

But back to topic and its good that the couple is seen together again (although not at this event)
La Infanta Cristina gana el jubileo en la catedral de Santiago. larioja.com

not to derail the topic, but recently i believe the asturians and cristina were at samaranch's funeral and cristina and letizia looked quite happy to see each other. genuinely so. maybe with time and distance, whatever friction, if it did exist is not a big deal anymore. well not that it matters

The Infanta looks lovely and happy in that picture of the shop´s opening.I sincerely hope this bad phase - and especially the gossips prove to be not true.

Loved the pictures of the Infanta, Iñaki and their children in Washington.Can´t believe how grown up is Irene!

I never saw before Infanta Elena giving an speech, but it seems she is a great speeker. thanks for posting ladejesus.

Cristina de Borbon and her husband, Iñaki Urdangarin attend the Americas Society awards ceremony held in New York. Chairman of Telefónica, César Alierta, and Panamanian businessman Stanley Motta, were awarded with the Gold Medal of the Americas Society.

BelgaPicture - Category details

June 22, 2010 - The Dukes of Palma de Mallorca, Cristina de Borbón and IEaki Urdangarin, remain living in Washington happily with their four children, Juan Valentín, Pablo Nicolás, Miguel and Irene. The Duke of Palma de Mallorca, husband of princess Cristina of Sapain, was caring of his young daughter while taking her first byke ride in front of the house. Irene wore a helmet but with the help pf auxiliar side wheels she did not have problems to ride some metres despite her lack of experience. IEaki, former handball champion, always tought his children his love for sports, and followed closely the maniouvres of his daughter, as well as the games of his sons Pablo and Miguel, who played basket but stopped to see their daughter riding.

Picture Gallery

I love this family. I wish the best for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom