General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 16: August 2016 - December 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful news from the Crown Prince family today :wub:

"Yesterday the Crown Prince family welcomed their new dog Grace at Gråsten Castle. Grace is a border collie and is in family with the family's former dog Ziggy."
Photos: Crown Princess Mary"

There are 2 pictures. Isn't she adorable?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWC9lC_gkDM/

Last edited:
Oh I am sooo happy for them! Yay!????
It is great they chose a breed they are familiar with and use to.
Welcome to the family Grace!

Beautiful dog. I know the family will enjoy her.

Maybe when the tabloids said that Mary and Frederik were going to have a fifth child, they were talking about little Grace;)

Jokes aside, I'm glad that the family have gotten a new furry friend. I can imagine that Grace has filled Ziggy's gap and made the family complete again. I hope they have a lot of happy memories with her. Welcome to the DRF Grace!

Oh, I'm glad they got a new dog. They obviously had a great time with Ziggy and it's nice they're familiar with the breed. She's cute!

She is beautiful! I know they will love having her in the family.

Did Ziggy pass away? I know that he must have been getting on in years.

Yes, Ziggy was put to sleep a couple of months or so ago.

Wow a new fluffy cuddly puppy to love and enjoy. Now isn't that the same as introducing a new baby to the family...

(Tongue in cheek comment obviously.)

Yes, she was ill and put to sleep back in April, IIRC.

The new puppy is absolutely beautiful. Wonderful for the family to have a dog again!

How wonderful that a new baby, a fluffy puppy is added to this loving family. Grace is a sweet name and she will bring such joy to them. Just look at that smile on Grace's face, such a wide grin and full of life.
Being a huge doggie lover as my furbaby rules our home and having many dogs, they know more then we do as we can learn from them.

Wow a new fluffy cuddly puppy to love and enjoy. Now isn't that the same as introducing a new baby to the family...

(Tongue in cheek comment obviously.)
Who'd have thought the tabloids would get it right. Mary was "expecting" after all, and what a beautiful baby it is.

What an adorable puppy :flowers:

After losing beloved Ziggy, I am sure the kids are happy to welcome a new pal.

Smart not only to stick to a known breed, but said from same family. Good chance Grace will have similar health and disposition.

Is Mary coming too?

[

About four minutes in - Frederik is chartering "Wild Oats 66", and sailing in the Whitsundays in Oz, in August.

Audi Hamilton Island Race Week | Australia's Largest Offshore Sailing Regatta
Audi Hamilton Island Race Week | Australia's Largest Offshore Sailing Regatta

Joachim is Rigsforstander for six days in August, - 17-23th August.
It's not unlikely Mary is coming, but I doubt it. The twins will just have started school and both parents leaving them, so soon after? Considering there could be transition problems for either Vincent or Josephine, I don't think so.

Last edited:
How great isn't this?
Here in Denmark you can go for a walk to your local baker and meet your Crown Prince and Crown Princess while your dog shares the hook out front with their dog Ziggy :flowers:

A Dane called Morten Raarup has taken this picture in the autumn last year (before Ziggy passed away) and writes this:

"Congratulations with your new dog, Grace, she looks nice. Here's a picture from September 2016 where Ziggy shared a hook with my dog ​​Bella in front of Emmerys bakery in Lille Strandstræde. We are looking forward to meeting the little new neighbor in the neighborhood. ".

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=b2cd4c028d94f79303d6128adec63a22&oe=5A3244B3

Does anyone know if the Twins are starting school this year? If so, do they begin some time in August?

IIRC, the DRF has yet to put out anything regarding the Twins schooling. But it's around this age Christian and Isabella started, no?

According to a Q&A in Billed Bladet some time ago they are to start this year. And depending on the school, the 0. graders start some time in mid August.

In Billed Bladet's magazine edition today (which is mostly about Benedikte BTW) they claim that now that Vincent and Josephine will start in school later this month, M&F will step up their workload another notch or two.
They base that on what is already known about the planned schedule so far of M&F for the next six months, and also on the ever increasing schedule in past years and M&F taking over in roles where it would have been more natural for the Regent Couple in general and QMII in particular to carry them out.

BB says the court has not yet announced details about when and where the twins will start in school.

--------------

- In other words: QMII will do a half-PH. i.e. she will mainly take on duties she has to do and otherwise focus more on what she likes to do. - Art, archeology and such like. I also believe we will see QMII take on an ever lesser number of visits abroad. They are after all pretty strenuous and better carried out by two anyway.
We have already seen how M&F have taken over almost completely in regards to incoming visits.

Now that all the children are in school, they will spend the better part of the day there in the future, giving M&F even more time to focus on work.
Next year will be interesting!
Frederik will turn 50 and that's going to be celebrated big time! I predict there will an official celebration, presumably including a balcony scene at Amalienborg. As well as celebrations nationwide. The marathons being one such celebration.
I'm also willing to bet ten bananas and three oranges that M&F will go on a summer cruise aboard Dannebrog in two steps. One to various places in Denmark. Aarhus being one of them. (Frederik has a close affiliation with the city).
The second will go to Greenland. I simply cannot imagine Frederik turning 50 without going to Greenland.
In a sense I think we can label it "Frederik's unofficial coronation-tour".

I'm also willing to bet ten bananas and three oranges that M&F will go on a summer cruise aboard Dannebrog in two steps. One to various places in Denmark. Aarhus being one of them. (Frederik has a close affiliation with the city).
The second will go to Greenland. I simply cannot imagine Frederik turning 50 without going to Greenland.

I would much rather have them visit the Faroe Islands. IIRC, the last visit was 2005.

I would much rather have them visit the Faroe Islands. IIRC, the last visit was 2005.

Me too, but considering the close bonds between Frederik and Greenland, that one is a pretty safe bet if I were to gamble.

In Billed Bladet's magazine edition today (which is mostly about Benedikte BTW) they claim that now that Vincent and Josephine will start in school later this month, M&F will step up their workload another notch or two.
They base that on what is already known about the planned schedule so far of M&F for the next six months, and also on the ever increasing schedule in past years and M&F taking over in roles where it would have been more natural for the Regent Couple in general and QMII in particular to carry them out.

BB says the court has not yet announced details about when and where the twins will start in school.

--------------

- In other words: QMII will do a half-PH. i.e. she will mainly take on duties she has to do and otherwise focus more on what she likes to do. - Art, archeology and such like. I also believe we will see QMII take on an ever lesser number of visits abroad. They are after all pretty strenuous and better carried out by two anyway.
We have already seen how M&F have taken over almost completely in regards to incoming visits.

Now that all the children are in school, they will spend the better part of the day there in the future, giving M&F even more time to focus on work.
Next year will be interesting!
Frederik will turn 50 and that's going to be celebrated big time! I predict there will an official celebration, presumably including a balcony scene at Amalienborg. As well as celebrations nationwide. The marathons being one such celebration.
In a sense I think we can label it "Frederik's unofficial coronation-tour".

Sounds very exciting. And as we have seen in the past years, it is something that Frederik and Mary have already started to do (official visits abroad and incoming state visits). Hopefully they do a summer cruise. :flowers:

I look forward to see twins on the first day of school! ;)
I cannot believe that they are 6 years old. I remember the day when Josephine and Vincent came to this world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom