General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 3: November 2008 - July 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My french isn't perfect either, but clearly understand that they just refer to Princess Benedikte as his mother, in order to explain the connection between Mary and Gustav. But they write that Carina Axelsson was also present.

I think Mary was godmother to another child of this couple, does anyone know if the little boy in the photo with Mary at the Christening her godchild?

Mary looks great.

I think Mary was godmother to another child of this couple, does anyone know if the little boy in the photo with Mary at the Christening her godchild?

Mary looks great.

is mary again godmother? i thought one person was chosen only once for each child. i think what the title means is that she "baptised" a new dress (robe is clothes, isn't it?).

i just saw the news in hola, but they say that she welcomed gustav and carina at her residence, which is not right, i guess. hola makes mistakes...

Ok, I dont have a link at the mo sorry but from what I can pick up from the non-English articles (lol), the background in the pics and the way the press is positioned, is this a 2nd christening following on from the one where Mary wore white and the mother wore a pink-purple swirly patterned dress????? That was a couple of years ago now.

I know thats one heck of a sentence, but if noone else understands me, maybe JessRulz or GlitteringTiaras will help me out later on!!!

:previous:

You're right marmi, this is the second Reedtz-Thott christening Mary's attended in the past few years. The first was in late 2006 when Mary was the godmother of the Baron and Baroness' second child, their son Holger, who I believe is the little boy Mary is talking to (his older brother is in the background).

Mary is not godmother of their daughter.

What is the little girl of the Reedtz-Thott's name? I know their two sons are called Ludvig (or Ludwig) and Holger...I love those names so I am anxious and curious to know what Otto and Helle (love those names too!) name a daughter of theirs...Does anybody know?

thanks in advance!

The Reedtz-Thotts named their little girl Eloise Caroline Dagmar Sophie. Lovely name IMO, very regal.

ETA: Article and picture of Mary picking Christian and Isabella up from pre-school yesterday. She was quizzed on her opinion on the weekend's succession vote, to which she replied with a smart 'No comment'.

Last edited:
Mary is very elegant to pick up children at school!!!

yea, maybe she had something before that, otherwise I bet that she would go with a pair of jeans!

The Reedtz-Thotts named their little girl Eloise Caroline Dagmar Sophie. Lovely name IMO, very regal.

ETA: Article and picture of Mary picking Christian and Isabella up from pre-school yesterday. She was quizzed on her opinion on the weekend's succession vote, to which she replied with a smart 'No comment'.

Very clever of Mary indeed. But i do wonder what she thinks. :flowers:

That is a beautiful name for a little girl, maybe Mary can get some idea ;)

this is cool to know, i wonder why pinochio, did he like to lie?becasue he does not have a big nose!

:previous: I was wondering the same thing! I was also curious about "Peace". I would like to know how that came about.

The pre-wedding celebrations for Peter Heering's wedding must have been very wild:ohmy:. The article also says that Frederik always wears a diving watch by Citizen, and that he was very close to one of his nannies.

... and that he was very close to one of his nannies.

As to nannies there is only one, where Frederik and Joachim are concerned: Else Pedersen :). Frederik has always given the impression of being rather attached to her, and she attended his wedding. His interview with Parade was quoted in BT some months ago and it was said that he and Else Pedersen are still having contact.

:previous: I was wondering the same thing! I was also curious about "Peace". I would like to know how that came about.

I remember that when I've been translating some articles with Frederik's name in it via Google Translate, it will often come up with "Prince Peaceful" where "Kronprins Frederik" was. So, I looked the name up on Baby Namer, and Frederik is an Ancient Germanic name meaning "peaceful ruler".

I would assume that's where the "Peace" nickname comes from.

I was also curious about "Peace". I would like to know how that came about.

This thing about "Peace" is a misunderstanding. I read the article in Danish and it says "Fred", which is short for Frederik. It also happens to mean "Peace", but that is not the intended meaning if you use it as a name. I'm not sure of the Danish pronunciation, but in Swedish (closely related to Danish) Fred as a name and fred as a noun wouldn't even have the same pronunciation.

Billed Bladet has an article titled, "10 Things You Didn't Know About Frederik":

Billed-Bladet - Kronprins Frederik – 10 ting du ikke vidste

Some of the highlights:

He took off all of his clothes at Peter Heering's pre-wedding party.

He likes to drink decaffeinated Sprite when he is racing sailboats.

His nicknames in school were: Frodo, Hold, Freddy, Peace, and Pinocchio.

Tne things I certainly didn't know about Frederik. I wonder how he got into the situation to do with the first highlight. :lol::)

Mary has an amazing figure! She looks great in a bathing suit. I am very jealous.

It looks like they are having a great time! Is this their boat, or their friends' boat? I wonder if they are staying on a yacht or on the island? It would be great to see photos of the family on the island. Sardinia is a beautiful place.

Italy... He pop the question there, right? It must be very romantic for them to be there:wub:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom