General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 3: November 2008 - July 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this, but I was wondering if anyone has seen the 3rd picture before (Mary with both children), as I hadnt, and this one is not save-able.

I've never seen this photo before. My guess is that it was taken in early 2008. It is very sweet.

That picture was taken as Mary and the children boarded Dannebrog for the 2008 Official Summer Tour, so it would have been about 16 June 2008.

I think that the Australian paper is getting some things wrong here. Mary is not using all of her budget in stores buying clothes and jewelry. Many of the couple's expenses have to do with official business.

Actually, a lot of the expenditures have to do with travel and not merely on Mary's behalf but on Fred's as well. They have visited many places on official business, not merely for personal reasons.

what do you mean by official business? the money given to them as an allowance is like their 'salary' (ie, it doesn't have to cover any 'official' expenses such as travel or security). there are special funds allocated to that to the royal house, similar to those awarded to presidents or prime ministers.

Last edited by a moderator:
what do you mean by official business? the money given to them as an allowance is like their 'salary' (ie, it doesn't have to cover any 'official' expenses such as travel or security).
The financial report itself states that the Crown Prince Couple's allowance covers staff costs (not just domestic staff, but administrative staff too), court expenses, administrative expenses, property expenses and depreciation of assets.

and the big distortion continues ...

Blame it on an Australian media with too narrow ownership repeating the same stuff ad nausium.
It is funny that the Australian media want to make an issue of something out of context, that they know very little about. In the name of what? An attempt to further the republican cause in Australia? That would make no sense at all.

And while the Australian press push this line, Danish press display a high degree of respect and appreciation for their Crown Prince Couple.

You are right Freye. In the article is written: "In February the pair retrenched five of their 30 staff, blaming financial reasons. It coincides with a sharply rising unemployment level in Denmark - up by 5 per cent since the start of the year".

Well the actual unemploumentrate in Denmark is 2,9 %.............Oops........our problem still is a lack of manpower!!

They are going to Greenland, but I don't know if it counts as summer tour.

No it is not a summer tour. It is an official visit in order to celebrate Greenlands independance :flowers:.

In november 2008 the Greenlandic people had a referendum on independance (from Denmark). 75,54 % voted yes and 23,57 voted no.

The feeling among a very very huge majority of Danes, as well, was that Greenland ought to be independant - but obviously Danes could not vote.

Greenland is still part of the Danish Realm and Denmark still do subsidise Greenland in many areas in spite ot the independance. This was important for the Greenlandic people - to maintaine - also after becomming independant.

what do you mean by official business? the money given to them as an allowance is like their 'salary' (ie, it doesn't have to cover any 'official' expenses such as travel or security). there are special funds allocated to that to the royal house, similar to those awarded to presidents or prime ministers.

I mean exactly what I stated. The couple's financial report clearly states that the salary in question is used for various administrative and personal expenditures.

I mean exactly what I stated. The couple's financial report clearly states that the salary in question is used for various administrative costs.

Yes Isabel, you are absolutly right about that. It is a fact beyond discussion.

I've been to Greenland, and I believe both Denmark and Greenland would have been better of with the deal there is now. Greenland is very VERY small in population, and many are drunks, poor people. And many are from Denmark actually.

I've been to Greenland, and I believe both Denmark and Greenland would have been better of with the deal there is now. Greenland is very VERY small in population, and many are drunks, poor people. And many are from Denmark actually.

As far as I understand there are two sides to Greenland:

The one side is a very highly developed, rich and modern country. The other side is a country with huge social problems. It is on the latter side the Danish subsidises is needed.

Last edited:
It's so good that BB made these interesting and orignals galleries about Mary & Frederick too. Many thanks to them and people who posts these here.

Yes the photos are new. Thanks for share! they were taken on the ocassion of Frederik and Mary wedding Aniversary

Last edited:
Beautiful pictures. Loved the family picture, everyone just looks lovely. The Mary picture in the black dress, she looks wonderful but not too sure about the pose. I also like the Fred & Mary pictures.

The family picture is my favorite, so beautful. Thanks for the link.

Beautiful pics!!!!

What a great family!!!!

the photo of Mary alone looks weird, her eyes look funny, photoshopped IMO. Dress is gorgeous, could this be a Prada dress Letitia has in light blue/gray?:ermm:

the photo of Mary alone looks weird, her eyes look funny, photoshopped IMO. Dress is gorgeous, could this be a Prada dress Letitia has in light blue/gray?:ermm:

the dress of princess mary is prada. letizia's dress is from felipe varela imitation prada. letizia dressed that dress on prize prince of Asturias:flowers:

Thank you very much UserDane.
I sorry for the name's mistake.

I like the fact that they regulary publish some family pictures. For my taste, the first 3 are nice and would have been enough. 2 of the couple, one as a family (but boy, why dress the kids in these sad colours).

But as usual they don't stop but overdo the purpose. The other 3 pictures, well where is the connection to the wedding anniversary? Fred looks good though I have to say and I like his pictures; can't say the same about Mary's picture, it's not only heavily photoshopped but also contains some posing that makes Posh look like an amateur. Very celebrity not royal but sadly where is the difference these days anyway.

Really like the pictures releashed to mark their wedding anniversary

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lotte52/media/maryfrederik.jpg this picture was releashed a few weeks back and i recall how we commented that Mary had the silver dress in a purple colour as well but with the release of these pictures of her posing very similar to this one i am beginnning to think that the magazine must have photoshopped the original picture

WHat a nice surprise ;) The pictures that are with just the two of them are GORGEOUS !! The family picture is quite cute and I do agree - the kids are dressed in dark colors but to be honest I think it is an upper class thing. For example, many very expensive children clothes brands are often grey, mauve, beige, dark blue, berry-colors, etc. as opposed to Pink, blue, yellow, that is more "available".
Yes, you could ask yourself why there are the other portraits in the occasion of their wedding aniversary, but as they are future king and queen, it's always good to do a new portrait. I like the portraits, even though Mary is a little posed, but i love what's she wearing it's looks so beautiful - I did imeadiately think of what Letizia wore to the POA awards but read the answer in this thread :flowers:

Those are stunning pictures. Mary and Frederik look incredible in love, the same they did nearly 5 years ago. The picture of the family is so beautiful aswell. What wonderful pictures. Thank you ricarda.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,25465372-5012980,00.html
Thank you Cecile76.
Can't wait for this event either, should be a wonderful event. Glad to see Frederik participating in events in Aussie aswell as Miami and Copenhagen.
x

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom